Equine Online
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Equine Online

Everything Horses

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Trainer/Judge's help

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
7cedars

Number of posts : 1667
Registration date : 2007-02-08

Trainer/Judge's help Empty
PostSubject: Trainer/Judge's help   Trainer/Judge's help Icon_minitimeJuly 17th 2007, 8:04 pm

I totally suggest anyone who shows halter to read this article on Terry Sartain's site. Has lots of tips, etc...

http://www.sartainequinemgmt.com/sartain_style.html
Back to top Go down
RoanRider420

RoanRider420

Number of posts : 243
Registration date : 2007-07-05

PostSubject: Re: Trainer/Judge's help   Trainer/Judge's help Icon_minitimeJuly 17th 2007, 10:06 pm

Thanks Sheila, that was VERY helpful. Even though Janie is not technically a halter horse, we still show her in the halter classes and as we all know, I know NOTHING about showing halter, LOL!
Back to top Go down
Triple J Quarter Horses

Triple J Quarter Horses

Number of posts : 2228

PostSubject: Re: Trainer/Judge's help   Trainer/Judge's help Icon_minitimeJuly 18th 2007, 9:38 am

DO NOT TRY TO STARE ME DOWN! Love it! Can tell as a judge, they have seen it and been there. Smile
Back to top Go down
7cedars

Number of posts : 1667

PostSubject: Re: Trainer/Judge's help   Trainer/Judge's help Icon_minitimeJuly 18th 2007, 9:57 am

Okay, what I can't figure out is, how can you ride a horse, know where you're going and stare the judge down at the same time... some people must be more multi-talented than I am... HA!
Back to top Go down
stockman

stockman

Number of posts : 356

PostSubject: Re: Trainer/Judge's help   Trainer/Judge's help Icon_minitimeJuly 18th 2007, 9:58 am

Thanks, that was helpful and that was awfully nice of him to include a little free advice on his website. I'm not sure if he was actually giving away too many trade secrets, but it was nice advice!!
Back to top Go down
REINING CHICK

REINING CHICK

Number of posts : 343
Registration date : 2007-02-12

PostSubject: Re: Trainer/Judge's help   Trainer/Judge's help Icon_minitimeJuly 18th 2007, 2:58 pm

well i just sent him an email. so i hope he emails me back. i need to know what to do with my filly's long mane. im not cutting it off. since shes a reining mare
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Trainer/Judge's help   Trainer/Judge's help Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Trainer/Judge's help
Page 1 of 1