Equine Online
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Equine Online

Everything Horses

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Judges' opinions on halter

Go down 
+4
Triple J Quarter Horses
shazgeoff
Lynn M.
7cedars
8 posters
AuthorMessage
7cedars

Number of posts : 1667
Registration date : 2007-02-08

Judges' opinions on halter Empty
PostSubject: Judges' opinions on halter   Judges' opinions on halter Icon_minitimeMay 11th 2007, 9:01 am

Check this out. The performance forum had three judges to answer these questions. If you show halter, very good info; if you're thinking about showing halter, it's a must read!

http://www.pleasurehorse.com/judges/halter.cfm
Back to top Go down
Lynn M.

Lynn M.

Number of posts : 1034

PostSubject: Re: Judges' opinions on halter   Judges' opinions on halter Icon_minitimeMay 11th 2007, 10:17 am

good info.. however all the answers are all politically correct.... you aren't going to get an answer that isn't pc on a public forum.
Back to top Go down
shazgeoff

shazgeoff

Number of posts : 850
Registration date : 2007-02-10

PostSubject: Re: Judges' opinions on halter   Judges' opinions on halter Icon_minitimeMay 11th 2007, 10:26 am

thats very true.

I want to show my yearling but she just wont put on weight she just getting taller instead,i guess they will knock her down if they can see slight ribs then.
Back to top Go down
Triple J Quarter Horses

Triple J Quarter Horses

Number of posts : 2228

PostSubject: Re: Judges' opinions on halter   Judges' opinions on halter Icon_minitimeMay 11th 2007, 2:39 pm

Yes they will. It will hurt her in halter. Yearlings go threw phases, but you should be able to keep her ribs covered you may have to increase her fat level.
Back to top Go down
Triple J Quarter Horses

Triple J Quarter Horses

Number of posts : 2228

PostSubject: Re: Judges' opinions on halter   Judges' opinions on halter Icon_minitimeMay 11th 2007, 2:40 pm

Hee Hee What a jokester jocolor

Doesnt matter who is at the lead! Ha Ha... Ya Right!
Back to top Go down
stockman

stockman

Number of posts : 356

PostSubject: Re: Judges' opinions on halter   Judges' opinions on halter Icon_minitimeMay 11th 2007, 3:07 pm

I read all the judge's opinions on halter showmanship trail WP and HUS and I found some good stuff there but alot of what sounds like bull. The judges insist certain things don't matter but show results don't bear this out. Money and prestige talk and the judges listen.
Back to top Go down
Bucks&Blues

Bucks&Blues

Number of posts : 548
Registration date : 2007-02-10

PostSubject: Re: Judges' opinions on halter   Judges' opinions on halter Icon_minitimeMay 11th 2007, 4:45 pm

If they only meant what they wrote...

One judge answered a question about politics, and they said that the judges that are swayed by the politics are few and far between.
Yeah right! My lord, politics has even moved into the open show circuits!

I got a dose of that when I showed at Ft Worth. I saw it first hand, and looked around to see if ANYONE else had seen it. Apparently exhibitors know it happens and that there is really nothing they can do about it. I know I looked back at my friend in the arena and she caught on to it too.

I think it hapens more than they (the forum judges) care to admit. Dust it under the rug I guess.
Back to top Go down
Lynn M.

Lynn M.

Number of posts : 1034

PostSubject: Re: Judges' opinions on halter   Judges' opinions on halter Icon_minitimeMay 11th 2007, 8:46 pm

These judges are posting answers on a public forum where their names are posted they have to post pc answers they aren't going to respond differently to certain questions take thoses with a grain of salt read the ones that you can use and make changes in your performance the ones about the size and fit of halters, your outfit and presentation, fit of horse etc... those are the important answers there if you ask me.
Back to top Go down
7cedars

Number of posts : 1667

PostSubject: Re: Judges' opinions on halter   Judges' opinions on halter Icon_minitimeMay 12th 2007, 11:07 am

Totally agree, Lynn, that's what I took from it. Halter fitting correctly, the exact pattern, how to show your horse, etc. That's what you should take from this article.
Back to top Go down
SuperLope

SuperLope

Number of posts : 300
Registration date : 2007-02-07

PostSubject: Re: Judges' opinions on halter   Judges' opinions on halter Icon_minitimeMay 18th 2007, 3:51 pm

good point about taking it with a grain of salt!

even in some of the trail answers I had to laugh honestly if you get a judge who isn;t an expert in your event they are probably going to go to the face the recognize, the most expensive looking horse, or whatever Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
natmarie1122

natmarie1122

Number of posts : 84
Registration date : 2007-04-03

PostSubject: Re: Judges' opinions on halter   Judges' opinions on halter Icon_minitimeMay 23rd 2007, 5:44 pm

ahh this has really helped me! I can't believe I haven't seen this yet. I'm on that site all the time haha! I really need to get soph's butt whipped into shape... and get started on sweating that neck of hers haha Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Judges' opinions on halter   Judges' opinions on halter Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Judges' opinions on halter
Page 1 of 1