Equine Online
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Equine Online

Everything Horses

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

How can a trainer do this????

Go down 
+2
Bluejay
Mare
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Mare

Mare

Number of posts : 522
Registration date : 2007-04-16

How can a trainer do this???? Empty
PostSubject: How can a trainer do this????   How can a trainer do this???? Icon_minitimeFebruary 14th 2009, 5:11 pm

I just saw this on the halter forum and couldnt believe it. I dont know why I'm so shocked because it goes on alot. But it just pis.... me off that anyone could do this. Someone pays hard earned money for a trainer to do this? Did they not think the owner would ever notice or what?
http://gohorseshow.com/article.cfm?articleID=23415
Back to top Go down
Bluejay

Bluejay

Number of posts : 2415
Registration date : 2007-02-07

PostSubject: Re: How can a trainer do this????   How can a trainer do this???? Icon_minitimeFebruary 14th 2009, 9:45 pm

I am not shocked at all. This is why I do not let anyone touch one of my horses.. This is also part of what I mean when AQHA promotes these a$$ holes.. Twisted Evil OH, they are so great they even get written about how wonderful they are in the Journal. I don't even get that anymore.. No

When you look at the slide show and see that dark swollen under his front leg. Not the torn skin. But, the dark area under his front legs.. That is from sweating the hell out of him and not cleaning it up when done. I got one of my mares (Harmony) back from a gal I have known forever and she was like that. This gal was clueless about a horse that has a deep V and all that sweat running under there. She actually lost her fur and the skin turned pink. I was PO'd.

There is no reason to run an animal in the ground like that and injure them. Just think, that butt just kept on ridding him and making it worse.. I hope he gets what ever he deserves. Twisted Evil

Let me at him and I will cinch him up and whoop his A$$ until he can't take it anymore and just want me to kill him. doggie

Then, I can take the electric sander to him. Sand off all his skin, poor salt all over him (he will be tied up of course. Maybe a cross tie .. don't forget the chains). cheering

Cut off anything that sticks out and just let it bleed.. And, for the final fanally I will set him on fire and just watch him burn... I will put the fire out just before all his skin melts so he can still fill it. I will let this horse and all the others he did this too pee on him to get the fire out. cheers2

The finish will be to toss him out in the manure pile while he is still a little alive and let him rot with the rest of the Sh!tt.. Could let a few of the wild animals around here nibble on him for awhile.. Just so he is as broke as that horse.. But, he will not be going down the rail.. Just down south to see you know who... booty nana

Now you all know how I feel about this.. And, of course Mare knows I wouldn't kill a mouse.. And, why I love animals more then people..

Watcha think Mare scratch will this do it.. coffee
Back to top Go down
http://www.itsmysite.com/bissellquarterhorses
Mare

Mare

Number of posts : 522
Registration date : 2007-04-16

PostSubject: Re: How can a trainer do this????   How can a trainer do this???? Icon_minitimeFebruary 14th 2009, 11:11 pm

I think I'll just turn you loose on him. But I will bet that he or they get away with it. My horses would never see his barn I can tell you that.
Back to top Go down
Bucks&Blues

Bucks&Blues

Number of posts : 548
Registration date : 2007-02-10

PostSubject: Re: How can a trainer do this????   How can a trainer do this???? Icon_minitimeFebruary 15th 2009, 3:17 pm

I hope he gets what he has coming to him. But I agree with Mare, he will probably get away with it. AQHA will still write BS stories about him in the journal and he will keep on winning. Why this doesnt make news headlines like any other abuse case, doesnt make sense. I wish it would though, that way it reaches more people.

That poor horse looked like it had been spurred to death on both sides. And even looked a little thinner than his before picture.

What about the trainers that tie horses heads in the air just to get a lower headset? When are they going to start skinning trainers for that??
Back to top Go down
Bluejay

Bluejay

PostSubject: Re: How can a trainer do this????   How can a trainer do this???? Icon_minitimeFebruary 15th 2009, 10:22 pm

B & B you are right. What a great trainer the Journal will write. I think we need to get on em for this.... Or, better yet most I know are not even showing their QH's just for this reason.. Mad

We all need to write AQHA and tell them to stop this... No bounce Lets do it... cheering riding
Back to top Go down
Triple J Quarter Horses

Triple J Quarter Horses

Number of posts : 2228
Registration date : 2007-02-08

PostSubject: Re: How can a trainer do this????   How can a trainer do this???? Icon_minitimeFebruary 16th 2009, 10:27 am

CW is having to appear before the Professional Horsemans board with AQHA. He is saying one of his employees did this and he was not aware of it. He was out of town when it occured. WELL IM SORRY Ole BOY.. this did not happen over night! These abcess's took time to cook! AND you hired this person, YOUR barn, YOUR contract! YOUR Business! Its the Monkey on your back! Take a spoon and eat the bitter pill.. Can you imagine paying 10000.00 for a yearling, Paying 800.00 a month to find that your horse has a broken jaw, But the way, They said he did that when they had his head tied down with a bit in his mouth, reared up and fell over backwards, Like Oh, Sure that explains it! Bit in mouth, longing, head tied down, Surrrreee that makes it all ok! Oh, and the rest, a fungus! HELLO! Evil or Very Mad Now this is just hear say. Except the Appearing before the PH, and AQHA is looking into this.

PS he has lost some sponcers because of this. He HAD his Sponcers on his web site, but took them down, they were being contacted to much from folks saying they would no longer buy from them if........
He mentions nothing on his website about any of this of corse!
Back to top Go down
Bluejay

Bluejay

PostSubject: Re: How can a trainer do this????   How can a trainer do this???? Icon_minitimeFebruary 16th 2009, 10:10 pm

BLAH BLAH BLAH.. I know people on the AQHA prefessionals list. One of them is the person I mentioned who had 68 horses she thinks she is saving and knows nothing in the way of training a horse.. Other, then what she did when she was a kid.. She is in her 50's now. She also ran a raffle, sold tickets and kept all the money.. I bought two.. PHONY ... Shocked

The other was removed because he was a drunk, killed halter horses from over doing it. He lost his title.. pig

The fungus he is talking about is the darker area under the front legs. That is from neglect and I posted how my horse got this from a great trainer.. affraid

Trainers such as himself do not hire people and just let them go. They are told what to do and how to do it.. He is lying.. AQHA will likely buy it too.. Evil or Very Mad Twisted Evil pig booty
Back to top Go down
Bucks&Blues

Bucks&Blues

PostSubject: Re: How can a trainer do this????   How can a trainer do this???? Icon_minitimeFebruary 16th 2009, 11:16 pm

That is sad that AQHA will probably overlook it. He said an employee did it, so that means he (Cleve) was never on the horse? IDK how his place is run, but when I paid almost $800 a month for Vegas to get trained, the trainers are the ones that did it, not an employee. Of course the employees warmed her up, but the owners were responsible for the actual training. Even if he had warm up crews, he should have been doing the training, which is why Im wondering how he couldnt notice the horses sides. Hes lying to save his arse. He also said he was out of town...how convienent.

Hmm, maybe if enough people threatened to quit showing AQHA might feel inclined to hand down some real form of disclipine. That will never happen though. There is so much of this going on that it will never stop. Its such a network you would probably never get anywhere with anybody. Its almost seems impossible.
Back to top Go down
Lynn M.

Lynn M.

Number of posts : 1034

PostSubject: Re: How can a trainer do this????   How can a trainer do this???? Icon_minitimeFebruary 17th 2009, 10:49 am

I have met enough "trainers" that seem to not like horses... I know that seems weird but after years of depending on them for their living they seem to resent them and really don't like them anymore (I ran into that a bunch in the hunter/jumper world). It is really the owners responsibility to spend alot of time researching and spending a lot of time checking up on their animals. We use an out of state trainer when we have the money to campaign an animal that we love! He doesn't resent us dropping in and is available to us at the drop of a hat. Our animals are always fat and happy and never a hair out of place. I dont see a bunch of "hands" riding my animals either that makes me happy too.
Back to top Go down
Triple J Quarter Horses

Triple J Quarter Horses

PostSubject: Re: How can a trainer do this????   How can a trainer do this???? Icon_minitimeFebruary 20th 2009, 11:21 am

Ok Guys, He has been dimissed by the AQHA professional Horsemans Assoc. He Disagrees but understands. Read his statement here.
http://www.pleasurehorse.com/pub_Details.cfm
Back to top Go down
Bucks&Blues

Bucks&Blues

PostSubject: Re: How can a trainer do this????   How can a trainer do this???? Icon_minitimeFebruary 20th 2009, 3:17 pm

Well I have to say Im suprised. AQHA actually stood up and did something. Cool.

I know one of his sponsors was Sundowner Trailers, did he lose them?
Back to top Go down
Triple J Quarter Horses

Triple J Quarter Horses

PostSubject: Re: How can a trainer do this????   How can a trainer do this???? Icon_minitimeFebruary 20th 2009, 3:29 pm

YEP! He took all the sponcers off his web site, they were being contacted to much.
Back to top Go down
Bluejay

Bluejay

PostSubject: Re: How can a trainer do this????   How can a trainer do this???? Icon_minitimeFebruary 20th 2009, 10:34 pm

I hope this opens a few eyes to people who pay a bunch to A$$ holes.... cheers Never give control of your animal to anyone. And if you do, you better be there watching... Suspect
Back to top Go down
Bucks&Blues

Bucks&Blues

PostSubject: Re: How can a trainer do this????   How can a trainer do this???? Icon_minitimeFebruary 21st 2009, 2:29 am

I just dont understand why people take horses to big name trainers and pay the big name trainer fees, but in reality it is an assistant trainer doing the training. When I paid all that freakin money to get Vegas trained I expected the owner to train, thankfully thats what I got.

I agree Bluejay. I also hope this opens other trainers eyes. Maybe this could be the beginning of the end for trainers like him?
Back to top Go down
Lynn M.

Lynn M.

Number of posts : 1034

PostSubject: Re: How can a trainer do this????   How can a trainer do this???? Icon_minitimeFebruary 21st 2009, 4:34 pm

I hope it also opens owners eyes. Just because it is a big name and you are spending big $ doesn't mean you can just drop your animal off and not take any further responsibility. If you ask me the owner should be held responsible too. There is no way that was done to that animal overnight.
Back to top Go down
reiningfan

reiningfan

Number of posts : 699
Registration date : 2007-02-13

PostSubject: Re: How can a trainer do this????   How can a trainer do this???? Icon_minitimeFebruary 24th 2009, 1:46 pm

It was the owner who finally brought this out into the public. There have been rumors about Cleve Wells being abusive for years. The problem is that for many owners, it isn't about the horses, it's about winning. Sure, not all of them, but some.
By prosecuting the owners, all you'd be doing is telling people to keep their mouths shut in the future.
When I had a horse at a trainer's back when I was still in my teens, I went several times a week to check up on my horse. The trainer put me on his own horses and had me ride while I was there. But there were owners he said he might not have recognized if they had turned up, that's how often they came to check on their horses. They called, aranged to put their horse in training, sent it with a shipper and turned up at shows when it was old enough. He contacted them once in a while with updates, got his checks, so he didn't care.
He was a good trainer who genuinely cared about the horses. There are still some of them out there. But without people reporting the bad ones, how will people know which trainers to definately avoid? I'm glad that his sponsors all dropped him. Hitting him where it really counts, his wallet, is one of the best ways to put a point across.
Back to top Go down
Bluejay

Bluejay

PostSubject: Re: How can a trainer do this????   How can a trainer do this???? Icon_minitimeFebruary 24th 2009, 4:33 pm

I don't think the owner is responsible. Yes, you should be checking on your horse and paying attention to what is going on. If you are near by there is no excuss for not checking in all the time. No

When you send your horse to someone who is a Proffesional Horseman according to AQHA you should be able to feel confident.. As I said before, that list has many people on it that are not who they say they are.. I know one of them. And I know one who just got the boot off the list. He was actually a real trainer.. He would train your horse to death for you.. Evil or Very Mad

This all goes back to the association promoting this stuff. And, rewarding people for what they do.. Some of the huge articles they have printed over several pages are of people I know personally.. And, I can tell you the whole story was full of horse manure and all lies.. I would think they would really check people out before they make such a big deal out of them to everyone who reads the Journal. I don't even bother getting it anymore.. Of course, this person buys multiple full page adds in the journal a few times a year that all his rich customers pay for. This man is down right mean, drugs them up and killed some of them as well. Yes they were highly insured. I watched him one day drop a stallion to it's knees when if dropped to pee waiting to go in the halter pen.. The really funny thing about all this is he is no one at the workd show and gets someone who is someone to shank his customers horse for this very reason.. Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: How can a trainer do this????   How can a trainer do this???? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

How can a trainer do this????
Page 1 of 1