Equine Online
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Equine Online

Everything Horses

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Comments about judges and trainers

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
7cedars

Number of posts : 1667
Registration date : 2007-02-08

Comments about judges and trainers Empty
PostSubject: Comments about judges and trainers   Comments about judges and trainers Icon_minitimeJuly 14th 2007, 11:00 am

This topic is on a halter forum... which I think it fits as well with other disciplines, as well. Started off as:

"It is curious to me that on many other forums, it is taboo to disagree with anyone who judges, or call attention to mistakes that are made during
World Shows judging....how does this forum's members feel about this? Do you think that when Youth are jeopardized,it should be kept hush/hush, or do you think when big errors are made that cost someone a world title, these errors should be recognized and delt with in some way.
Let's hear your comments....."

Me, I think every breed association should have a place of comments on trainers and judges - confirmed comments or complaints - not just a hearsay comment. I know one thing, it's my danged money, and if I think a judge won't like me, I sure am not going to spend my money that day!

What you guys' feelings on this?
Back to top Go down
SuperLope

SuperLope

Number of posts : 300
Registration date : 2007-02-07

PostSubject: Re: Comments about judges and trainers   Comments about judges and trainers Icon_minitimeJuly 14th 2007, 2:34 pm

I totally agree -- everyone in the horse industry talks,, no matter what discipline or breed no matter what level

a place where "rumors" can be brought up and possibly be refuted -- or opinions can be stated. I think this would make the industry better especially if judges/trainers were not doing their job and were outed.

I like the idea. AQHA could have like a complaint section on their website or something Smile
Back to top Go down
Triple J Quarter Horses

Triple J Quarter Horses

Number of posts : 2228

PostSubject: Re: Comments about judges and trainers   Comments about judges and trainers Icon_minitimeJuly 14th 2007, 6:25 pm

Yep, Id be on that band wagon in a hurry!
Back to top Go down
7cedars

PostSubject: Re: Comments about judges and trainers   Comments about judges and trainers Icon_minitimeJuly 14th 2007, 10:15 pm

Somebody on the halter forum said something about instead of having to sign your names to complaints, to simply send in videos, but that AQHA wouldn't even look at it - which I think is totally stupid!

Personally, I think, if more of this were done, we could actually pick judges and trainers that fit our horses and our pocketbooks...and like we've done before, I would feel very comfortable here, saying, okay, I took Jazz or Scamp out, showed under so and so judge, and this one likes this and this one doesn't like that - wouldn't have a problem with it whatsoever.

I also wouldn't have a problem ON THIS FORUM saying X trainer drugged so and so horse, or X trainer did this with my horse... same as horse hauling companies - I think that needs to be discussed as well, as before.

My money is too danged precious to screw around with politics - something that I absolutely abhor. Also one reason, why I take no stock whatsoever in the world results. Okay, except for Kell and Lynn... HA! But that's different, they're one of us, ya know.
Back to top Go down
stockman

stockman

Number of posts : 356

PostSubject: Re: Comments about judges and trainers   Comments about judges and trainers Icon_minitimeJuly 15th 2007, 6:52 am

Oh my gosh, there is an endless thread right now on the PHJ forum about bad judging at the Paint World show. I spend my spare time trying to finish the thread LOL! I spent an hour reading in the middle of the night and I'm halfway through!
Two of the judges involved, Charlie Cole and Brent Harnish, actually got on to explain their side of the story which I thought was brave. The argument has gotten very petty though. One mom won't give up because she spent a ton of money hauling to the show and feels her daughter was robbed.
There is more than just the judges involved though. he ringmaster let in contestants to SMS before the judges were ready and had familiarized themselves with the pattern. They apparentently judged the first few patterns without realizing the horses were off pattern!
I think there is a place for discussion about poor judging, and I have no problem with divulging the names, however, it should be in a controlled setting because it can easily deteriorate into a namecalling circus.
Back to top Go down
7cedars

PostSubject: Re: Comments about judges and trainers   Comments about judges and trainers Icon_minitimeJuly 15th 2007, 1:02 pm

Oh, I totally agree on that. Should be like E-bay, so many CONFIRMED complaints or whatever... most of these shows, especially the World Show, criminey sakes, that's taped, ya know.

Yep, I'd heard about what's on the PH Forum, I think that's what got this started over on the halter forum.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Comments about judges and trainers   Comments about judges and trainers Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Comments about judges and trainers
Page 1 of 1