Equine Online
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Equine Online

Everything Horses

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Silver Buckle Update

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
SilverBuckleHorses

SilverBuckleHorses

Number of posts : 636
Registration date : 2007-02-08

Silver Buckle Update Empty
PostSubject: Silver Buckle Update   Silver Buckle Update Icon_minitimeJuly 16th 2007, 11:20 am

I know I haven't really been around much, but I've got really good reason. For starters, about three weeks ago, I started trading a guy lessons for him working around our place for five days a week. He cleans my stalls, and he's been putting some time on some of the younger horses I haven't had the time for. He's actually really good, one of those people that horses mostly come natural to, he's got some common sense, so that helps also. He's helped me do a lot of cleaning up, moved my round pen to a different part of the property, helped build some shades too. He's going to be showing Scotch for me in the yearling halter classes soon. So on that level, things are really good, but very busy. We're working horses about five hours a day, five or six days a week. It's a good thing though, it's really motivated me to get a move on with the horse business.
I also figured out a plan future wise too, I'm going down to our local community college in the next couple of days (well, it's not really local, it's more like an hour away, but that's about as local as it gets where I live lol.) and I'm going to start going to the program to become a medical assistant, once I graduate from that program, I will go on and pursue my nursing degree, and still be able to make money in the mean time though between working as a MA and running my horse business on the side. My parents have decided to step up and pay for me to go to school and support me until I graduate the nursing program (in about three years). So this means they'll still be paying for my new altima, insurance on the altima and the f-250, cell phone, and horsies. But, they have the money, so I don't feel bad taking it, I've done a lot for them too. But anyways, on to the interesting stuff.
I'm sure most of you remember Wrangler, the little tobiano paint colt that passed away, Sassy's baby. Well, I really, really liked that baby and I was going to breed back to the stallion, so I figured I would jump on the ball now and get the info I needed, so I call the stallion owner and she says that he is actually going to be sold before february comes along (you can immagine the cursing going on in my head now, because he is being sold to a woman in CA) but, she says, she has a weanling colt out of him for sale, DIRT CHEAP, and I mean, dirt cheap, almost giving it away.
So two days go by and I drive out there, fully expecting to bring this little colt home. We get there and she has a decent little place, too many horses, and they're all fat, but not healthy. Ya know the kind, dropped bellies, tails itched off, look like they're all WAY over due on farrier work n such. It really pissed me off and I wanted to load every horse in that trailer and get them out of there. Well, I liked the little colt a lot, and his yearling sister who was just beautiful, had some very nice flashy markings, so I decided to take those two home myself. I had also brought Cameron out (the guy that works for me) and he actually bought himself a really nice two year old that I agreed to help him with. (I think she's a grand daughter of Mr. Tramp, but I can't remember). So we did take a full load home that day, got home pretty late and set pens up.
Well, another day goes by, and I just can't stop thinking about a couple of the other ones she had out there, one was an 11 year old AQHA mare, a little over 16hh, built to run, and is a grand daughter of Special Effort (look at her pedigree on all breed pedigree, her name is Sigtea). and she's really built so nicely. I saw her weanling baby there too, and let me tell ya, WOW. She makes some pretty babies. This colt would have torn up the halter ring, hands down. The down fall was that the mare foundered two years ago, had some major abcess problems, both coffin bones rotated in the front (one of them is very minimal, no problems there) and one of them was dropped. She wasn't getting around too great when I first got there, but I pulled some major rocks out of her feet and she was actually doing much better. I got on her for about 60 seconds, and she is just dead broke, so, even with the feet problems, I take her home. Now, the bad part. I called my farrier for an emergency job on her, and she got her feet done last night, they had ONE foot shod, the rest barefoot. Well, get this, they were treating the wrong foot for the dropped sole. So no wonder why she was hobbling around like a fool, I mean GOD, some people I just want to strangle. So last night my dad and our farrier made her a custom pair of shoes, and he said that the chances of us getting sole to grow back were really high because he knows what products we use (with her, we're using Silver Lining Laminae Formula, which works wonders with growing new sole out.) So, I'm just keeping my fingers and toes crossed for her, and prayin' like heck that we can get her to a decent spot where she is experiencing minimal to no pain. Nice thing is, when we put the shoes on her last night, she didn't even limp. So, I have a little hope now, I'm just doing a lot of work every day, soaking her feet in an apple cider vinegar and garlic mix to help restore her PH levels, you guys, it was so bad what she was standing in all the time, her coronary band was starting to seperate. It just makes me sick because this mare was a PHENOMONAL rope horse, and with the pedigree she's got, Jesus, you'd think people wouldn't let this poop happen. (sorry, but she's kinda got a special place in my heart, and her name is Lady btw. Just a little FYI, she's also about 100lbs under the weight she should be at too, she's lost a lot of muscle.)
There was also a little yearling mini horse, who's a cute little paint with a GREAT trot. Now, keep in mind, I'm not into minis, but if you would have seen him, with a stream of tears rolling down his face because the flies were so bad and he had worms, you would have felt the same way. He also came home with us that day and he's getting proper nutrition now and every day grooming by my three little cousins that just LOVE him. He's such a good boy too, he just lets them maul him with kisses lol. He follows me around like a dog all the time. I may eventuall fit him up a little and take him to some open shows, he'll eventually learn to drive too Smile
So there you have it, five horses came home with us in three days, and I believe our friend REININGCHICK bought my yearling and weanling's full 2yo sister, but I'll let her tell you about that later lol. So now, here's the pictures: (Pics of the weanling colt will be up shortly)

Lady (AQHA Mare Sigtea, 11 YO):
Silver Buckle Update 7-12-200710-16-58AM_0008
Silver Buckle Update 7-12-200710-16-49AM_0005

Chance (APHA Filly LastChance of Raynee, 1yo)
Silver Buckle Update 7-11-20077-52-20AM_0024
Silver Buckle Update 7-11-20077-52-38AM_0031

Boss (Mini Yearling Colt)
Silver Buckle Update 7-12-200710-17-50AM_0025
Back to top Go down
http://www.silverbucklehorses.cjb.net
REINING CHICK

REINING CHICK

Number of posts : 343
Registration date : 2007-02-12

PostSubject: Re: Silver Buckle Update   Silver Buckle Update Icon_minitimeJuly 16th 2007, 11:59 am

LOL NIKKI, WOW IF I WOUILD OF SAW THAT filly i would of had to fight you for her. i did buy that 2 year old. ill have to get pictures soon.
btw are you still planning on the quarter horse show at the end of the month?

bounce
Back to top Go down
SilverBuckleHorses

SilverBuckleHorses

PostSubject: Re: Silver Buckle Update   Silver Buckle Update Icon_minitimeJuly 16th 2007, 12:14 pm

I know, lol, that's why I picked her up before you went out there! I am leaning towards YES on the AQHA show, we're hauling three horses up to the Yavapai show on Saturday too with Cameron. I'm taking Scotch, the yearling paint filly (even though she's not fit), and Remmy for the under saddle classes.
Back to top Go down
stockman

stockman

Number of posts : 356

PostSubject: Re: Silver Buckle Update   Silver Buckle Update Icon_minitimeJuly 16th 2007, 1:06 pm

Wow, I was expecting alot worse shape while I was reading and then when I saw the pictures, they look pretty good!! You can work those horses back in shape pretty quickly!! Sounds like you have a pretty good plan for the mare's hooves.
Sounds like you have your life going on a good track right now. That's great you are able to put so much time on your horses right now. They will surely benefit and sounds like you have a good helper.
I would love to see pictures of Scotch from your next show. He's gorgeous, and I'm sure he's getting more handsome every day.
Back to top Go down
SilverBuckleHorses

SilverBuckleHorses

PostSubject: Re: Silver Buckle Update   Silver Buckle Update Icon_minitimeJuly 16th 2007, 1:17 pm

Those pictures are of after I got those guys cleaned up, when I bathed the mare, the water ran BLACK. I can do wonders with a hair coat, you guys saw that with Twister, lol. Thanks though, stockman, I'll get pictures up of him soon, he's getting bigger every day Smile
Back to top Go down
REINING CHICK

REINING CHICK

Number of posts : 343

PostSubject: Re: Silver Buckle Update   Silver Buckle Update Icon_minitimeJuly 16th 2007, 3:15 pm

i still think you should of named BOSS, mini horse! after rob and big's mini horse LOL cherry
Back to top Go down
Kidd Kuhlmann

Kidd Kuhlmann

Number of posts : 942

PostSubject: Re: Silver Buckle Update   Silver Buckle Update Icon_minitimeJuly 16th 2007, 6:25 pm

Your mare is bred pretty dang well - The Signature has turned out some great babies as a broodmare sire...and Special Effort IS a broodmare sire...

She has a Solid female family with a blacktype half sister - you might want to consider taking her to a RACE stallion...blacktype is good to have...
Back to top Go down
http://www.kuhlmannequine.com
Kidd Kuhlmann

Kidd Kuhlmann

Number of posts : 942

PostSubject: Re: Silver Buckle Update   Silver Buckle Update Icon_minitimeJuly 16th 2007, 6:26 pm

Hmmm - she is unraced...but her siblings ran a bit...

I think you need a race baby Razz
Back to top Go down
http://www.kuhlmannequine.com
SilverBuckleHorses

SilverBuckleHorses

PostSubject: Re: Silver Buckle Update   Silver Buckle Update Icon_minitimeJuly 16th 2007, 7:03 pm

LOL, I knew she would get your attention Kidd Smile Actually, she was a head horse, and she would have made an awesome racer in her day. riding I was actually thinking of breeding her to a race stallion not for the next baby, but the one after, strictly as a resale project, because I really think I could make a decent profit off of it, hands down, because AZ has a really decent racing industry, and I don't think it would be a problem getting a nice chunk of change, especially seeing the type of babies she produces, just flat out built for speed, but I know she'll make me a nice halter baby too, which is what I'm wanting out of the next foal. I was amazed when I saw her papers up close, and I only paid $300.00 for her. Thanks for the compliments though, any race sires you suggest, that are known for producing runners and not broodmares?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Silver Buckle Update   Silver Buckle Update Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Silver Buckle Update
Page 1 of 1