Equine Online
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Equine Online

Everything Horses

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Silver Buckle Update

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
SilverBuckleHorses

SilverBuckleHorses

Number of posts : 636
Registration date : 2007-02-08

Silver Buckle Update Empty
PostSubject: Silver Buckle Update   Silver Buckle Update Icon_minitimeMarch 11th 2007, 11:11 am

Just got my site nice and updated, only one that isn't on there is Twister, the little pally colt because I don't have all his info to post yet, or a good picture. But, it's all updated, and the guest book works now, so go sign to your hearts content lol...

Scotch- We're really busy getting him ready for his first AQHA show at the end of the month, it's a three day show, the Shamrock QH Circuit, where Cherie will be showing him in open 2006 colts. He's really looking nice, our weather here has been in the low 90s, so I'm finally able to really sweat up a storm with him hehe. He's probably going to be the smallest colt there, he's right now a whopping 13.2hh, almost 700lbs, but I tell ya, he looks a couple inches taller than what the tape says, but, this colt thinks he's a million bucks walking on the end of a lead line, so he's got a lot of persona in the ring. We're really excited since we didn't make it to Sun Circuit, I just can't wait to see how he does. We will be named high point champion at this next open show we're going too, which is cool. Can't wait to see what the year end awards are going to be.

Remmy- So, I'm sure some of you noticed his add up on the stallions board, and the story of this horse, is that my dad bought him for me as a Christmas present in 1998, when he was about 8 months old or so, we broke him out ourselves, done everything from roping to barrels to chasing cows, endurance, western pleasure, trail, he's really just done it all. Over the years he became more of my dads horse, but my dad works in CA and really doesn't have the time to promote him and show him, so I'm going to be taking him to some open shows and see how he does next month. His only problem is that his headset absolutely sucks at a trot and canter. So, we'll be fixing that, sweating his neck, and just keeping him "pretty". Should be a lot of fun getting him back in shape and working though.

Nardy- She is doing so wonderful under saddle, I tell ya, just great. I'm so excited because I've never in my life had a filly come along this nicely, this fast. She's just a breeze to train and she's such a personality it's a lot of fun. She's just not spooky at all, doesn't pull any funny business, just knows where her head is supposed to be at. We're aiming for a little open show on the 1st of April just to get her out and play around.

Missy- Moo was saddled for the first time, and that was just a load of laughs watching her try and get it off of her. After watching her buck, I tell ya, I'm glad I'm not going to be the one on her first. Dad's going to start her, then she's off to the trainer to learn to chase cows! I've waited soooo long it seems like to be able to have a nice little cutting horse, I just can't wait to see what she can do in the pen. She's just a super nice filly.

Twister- He is almost fully recovered, you can only see a little bump of his spine, but he is shedding like the dickens, let me tell you. He looks like a lost puppy, lol, but, he's feeling so much better. We're not starting controlled exercise for awhile, he gets turned out once a day and does what he feels he can, that's good enough for now. He's grown a couple of inches since I got him and put him on good feed. He's going to be just the pretties color when he's all done. I think we're going to aim him in the direction of versatility events, he's going to make a heck of a heel horse I think, if he's anything like his pedigree says he should be, he'll be a nice working horse. I will have pictures up of him in a week or two.

Well, that's pretty much it. How's everyone holding up?
Back to top Go down
http://www.silverbucklehorses.cjb.net
7cedars

Number of posts : 1667
Registration date : 2007-02-08

Silver Buckle Update Empty
PostSubject: Re: Silver Buckle Update   Silver Buckle Update Icon_minitimeMarch 11th 2007, 1:05 pm

Well, sounds like you've got everything a working.

Fine here, just getting ready to start working mine... got to rearrange my work schedule.
Back to top Go down

Silver Buckle Update
Page 1 of 1