Equine Online
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Equine Online

Everything Horses

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Silver Buckle Update

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
SilverBuckleHorses

SilverBuckleHorses

Number of posts : 636
Registration date : 2007-02-08

Silver Buckle Update Empty
PostSubject: Silver Buckle Update   Silver Buckle Update Icon_minitimeMarch 28th 2008, 1:59 am

Hey y'all! Things have been really busy around my place. School is almost done with for the semester, thank GOD. I finally made the decision that the equine science division is not for me, I feel like I'm paying to be taught material that I already know, so May 5th I enroll in my CNA program, so I can work while going to school to be a nurse. I'm 100% happy with this choice, and I'll be able to still do everything I want to do with my horses and have the funds to live comfortably.

I do have some really big news! I'm getting married March 21st, 2009 to Tyler! We went on a trip to the Grand Canyon (which was BEAUTIFUL btw, I'll get some pictures soon.) and that is where he proposed. We should have our house in the next six months, after my future job becomes more steady. We're really excited and our families have been very supportive too, which is a huge relief.

On the horse front, Tyler bought me the Circle Y show saddle that I wanted, it's probably about 10 years old, but in perfect condition. I got it home from the tack store and cleaned the silver up and got it oiled down real good, it looks brand new. I can't wait to actually ride in it! It's going to look SOOO good on Scotch this winter in the show ring. Speaking of Scotch, he is doing really well, you wouldn't believe it was the same horse if you saw him now. He is under three inches of Canadian FUR!!! He's grown TONS and is 15hh, he will be two on May 19th. He's been driving really well and I can't wait to get on him when it cools down over fall. He is really somethin special, but he's sure started to feel the testosterone! I just bought some Oster Golden A5 Clippers so I can body clip the poor guy, he just sits and sweats and I've tried EVERYTHING to get him to shed. He's been under lights and he's good on worming and urgh, I've just had it. He is just so miserable, I can't let him set out when it's 85 degrees with that much of a coat on...

Lady, my barrel / everything horse who has the infection in her coffin bones has responded 100% as well as expected to the antibiotic and can trot quite a bit without limping at all. Today was the first day I put her on the lounge line and she picked up her lead on the bad foot, so I know she's getting better. She had one of her bad abcesses break out, and it's still draining, so she's feeling better since that pressure is gone. Her hooves are responding well to the supplements we're giving her and they're growing a ton. Her sole is looking more and more healthy with the time and medication. I'm sincerely hoping that at the end of next month, we can go to a small barrel meet if she's feeling 100%. We finally found a good senior feed that put the weight on her without the bad stuff, I saw what was seriously almost an immediate improvement...

Bella, the new black filly, is doing super well. I don't think I've ever had a filly as smart as this one and she has just picked everything up so fast. She still has quite a ways to go before I really want to promote her, but she's definetly getting there. She's getting ready to hit the big ONE next month, I need to measure her and see how big she actually is though. she's filling out very nice and is everything I could want for a competitive halter horse. I might show her at the end of April in an open show with my other black filly, but we'll see...

Alright, that's enough big news for now! Everyone is shedding out so I'll take new pics just as soon as they're shiny (or in Scotch's case, bald lol.)
Back to top Go down
http://www.silverbucklehorses.cjb.net
Triple J Quarter Horses

Triple J Quarter Horses

Number of posts : 2228

PostSubject: Re: Silver Buckle Update   Silver Buckle Update Icon_minitimeMarch 28th 2008, 9:17 am

WOW! Congrats.. What an update! Just full of news arent we! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
SilverBuckleHorses

SilverBuckleHorses

Number of posts : 636

PostSubject: Re: Silver Buckle Update   Silver Buckle Update Icon_minitimeMarch 28th 2008, 11:16 am

You betcha! I'm just always so busy it's hard to get on here and write between horse shows, training, working, school, and a little bit of life between there Smile I've been so darn busy I haven't been able to do much with my own horses, so I told everyone yesterday that they need to be #1 for awhile, especially with all the shows on right now... I have a BUNCH of cleaning to do today to get started.
Back to top Go down
http://www.silverbucklehorses.cjb.net
Lynn M.

Lynn M.

Number of posts : 1034

PostSubject: Re: Silver Buckle Update   Silver Buckle Update Icon_minitimeMarch 28th 2008, 1:30 pm

congrats! sounds like a lot of life changing decisions Smile but ones you have really thought through if you ever need anyone to talk with about nursing email or pm me I would be happy to help you any way I can. I think the CNA thing is definately a good way to get started you can learn a lot starting out there my sister is trying to get into nursing school but didn't want to be a CNA I still think that is a huge mistake I worked as a nurse tech (same thing) and learned more there than in nursing school it is hard work and not a lot of fun but worth it in the end!
Back to top Go down
Bluejay

Bluejay

Number of posts : 2415
Registration date : 2007-02-07

PostSubject: Re: Silver Buckle Update   Silver Buckle Update Icon_minitimeMarch 30th 2008, 10:15 pm

Nursing is a wonderful choice. Do not loose site of it or take too much time to get there.. You will have a full life with that.. Just do it.. study

Congrats on your up coming union. I know you two have been together for some time and understand what the other needs and wants. That is improtant. ily
Back to top Go down
http://www.itsmysite.com/bissellquarterhorses
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Silver Buckle Update   Silver Buckle Update Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Silver Buckle Update
Page 1 of 1