Equine Online
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Equine Online

Everything Horses

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Silver Buckle Update

Go down 
AuthorMessage
SilverBuckleHorses

SilverBuckleHorses

Number of posts : 636
Registration date : 2007-02-08

Silver Buckle Update Empty
PostSubject: Silver Buckle Update   Silver Buckle Update Icon_minitimeAugust 11th 2008, 11:53 am

Well, a lot has happened since the last post, way too much going on these days. I'll just go piece by piece.

Worse thing: We had sold Scotch to these "AWESOME" people, they had a really nice facility and when we dropped him off, all of their horses looked really well taken care of. I was really happy because he was going to be in a show home. Well, three weeks later, they call and say they can't afford to make any more payments, and unless I wanted to wait, I needed to repo him. So I went to repo him, and I cried. In about a month, Scotch had been starved. He weighed about 200lbs less than what he was when I dropped him off, he couldn't even get in the trailer by himself. Apparently, the man who bought him for his wife starved him so he could ride him, which he did. Poor Scotch couldn't even hold his own head up. I hate to think of what would have happened if another month had gone by, he would probably have been dead. He still looks horrible, but when we picked him up you could run your finger over his spine and feel every little dip. His little hip bones were sticking out and you can still see his ribs badly. He's put on some weight already, thank God, but it's going to be a slow process. The good thing is that he started drinking water again (the people had no water out that I could see) and he has lots of energy now. He had starved a handful of other horses there too, and I had threated to call the dept. of agriculture on them, but he said he would give them away so a good friend went and picked up two TB yearlings that were worse off than Scotch and a cute little mustang kids horse that found a good home with some kids. A not so horrible end to a horrible situation, but jeeze, I want to take a 2x4 to these people.

Health Situation: I had surgery on the female stuff on Wednesday. Removed a couple of vaginal cysts and they scraped the lining of my uterus to help make that time of the month lighter (hopefully). Next month I go in for another ultrasound to check the ovarian situation, hopefully it just disapeered. But, I feel fine besides being anemic really bad. I get to ride again tomorrow, so I can't wait!

School: I'm so excited, I am almost done with my equine science degree and my prerequisites for the nursing program! It's going by SOOO fast, I can't wait to start the nursing program. School starts up again on the 25th, I added some more courses to my load and I'm going to buy books today. Got pretty much everything I need, honors society helped me out with a lot of tuition and such. Hopefully going to do some more acedemic networking this semester...

Horsie Stuff: Cowgirl, the little black filly, sold last week. So I'm down to six of my own and the school horse that is here, so we're feeding seven. My client base has seriously picked up and I'll go back to all that in another week after the Dr. gives the OK. I have been blessed with really good clients who are genuinely interested in learning and like to tip. The new horse, Jet, is working GREAT. I absolutely adore him and now that we've got each other figured out, his training is going along at 90mph. Lady, the mare with the coffin bone infection, has been improving greatly since we took her shoes off, started doing natural trims on her and turned her out with the rocks and dirt full time. She's hardly even taking a bad step these days. She's by no means done, but the farriers had her heels so contracted and distored that she really couldn't walk at all. Actually, to tell the truth, no a horse on my property is wearing shoes anymore, and they are all even more sound than they were before. Larry, the one with navicular, he is having a rougher transition, but we are using old mac boots to help him along. I truly don't think his problems are caused from navicular, they were caused from uneducated people touching his hooves. He is one with the contracted heels really bad and he has absolutely no hoof wall either. So we're just slowly bringing the excess amt. of heel off of him and letting his hooves grow out. Old Mac Boots are a God send though, let me tell you.

Anyways, that's about it. I'll try to get some new pictures for everyone soon!
Back to top Go down
http://www.silverbucklehorses.cjb.net

Silver Buckle Update
Page 1 of 1