Equine Online
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Equine Online

Everything Horses

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Halter futurities/new association

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
7cedars

Number of posts : 1667
Registration date : 2007-02-08

Halter futurities/new association Empty
PostSubject: Halter futurities/new association   Halter futurities/new association Icon_minitimeMarch 29th 2007, 8:18 am

This was posted on the halterhorse forum, and boy, it's already gotten 64 posts to the original post. There's even a couple of posts in there where some people have admitted to using steroids - which just literally blows my mind!

My opinion is, get rid of the drugs, have a level playing field... and there will be a lot of average joe's in there that are winning versus the big boys!

I was asked to post this:
Future futurity thoughts,
If the top 15 AQHA halter horse stallions in the country would get together, I think at least 400 breedings would be possible for these 15 horses. If each stallion owner would put up $200, and if the mare owners would also agree to put up $200 nomination fee, we would have a purse of $160,000, and have weanling colt, weanling filly, yearling colt and yearling filly classes. That would make $40,000 per class. 1st place would win $25,000, 2nd place would win $15,000, 3rd place would win $5,000. Which would go to the owner of the horse shown. The stallion that produced the winner would receive $3,000, 2nd would receive $2,000, and 3rd would receive $1,000.
For the same $200 nomination fee, the mare owner would be eligible for the weanling and yearling futurity - a one time fee.
Weanlings would be eligible to show with a breeders certificate or AQHA papers, proof of parentage would be necessary.
If the horse is sold, this would be transferable to the new owners to show in this futurity.
This futurity would have to be held as late in the year as possible. Maybe held in with some other Quarter Horse function.
Open for suggestions, we all agree that something needs to be done to create some excitement, enthusiasm and marketability in the Halter Horse business.
I think it is time for that the halter horse folks started to think about their own association/alliance - such as the NHHA (National Halter Horse Association or Alliance). We have seen NRHA and NCHA grow by leaps and bounds over the years. This shows you what unity can accomplish. Not that we expect to be as big as those associations, but we sure have to start somewhere. Your input would be appreciated on this subject as well.
Kenny Mills (owner of Kids Classic Style and Statutory)
Back to top Go down
PHENOMADACIOUS

PHENOMADACIOUS

Number of posts : 424

PostSubject: Re: Halter futurities/new association   Halter futurities/new association Icon_minitimeMarch 29th 2007, 10:25 am

Is that the forum we have to pay to use? scratch

If not, send me the link woman! lol!
Back to top Go down
Triple J Quarter Horses

Triple J Quarter Horses

Number of posts : 2228

PostSubject: Re: Halter futurities/new association   Halter futurities/new association Icon_minitimeMarch 29th 2007, 10:29 am

me to Shocked
Back to top Go down
7cedars

PostSubject: Re: Halter futurities/new association   Halter futurities/new association Icon_minitimeMarch 29th 2007, 2:51 pm

you, silly guys. It's on Delphi Forums, the halter horse forum... very interesting!!!!! You can see where some posts have already been deleted... don't know if mine has yet or not... oops! HA!
Back to top Go down
reiningfan

reiningfan

Number of posts : 699
Registration date : 2007-02-13

PostSubject: Re: Halter futurities/new association   Halter futurities/new association Icon_minitimeApril 3rd 2007, 12:59 pm

I think that would be an idea that could work, but why not open it up to any stallion owner willing to pay? It could increase the payouts and who is to say who is a top 15 stallion in any given year? How would you decide that? Easier to just open it up to anyone willing to pay the nomination fee.
Back to top Go down
7cedars

PostSubject: Re: Halter futurities/new association   Halter futurities/new association Icon_minitimeApril 3rd 2007, 4:06 pm

That certain topic, course it's deviated a bunch, but it's got like over 200 posts at this point. It'd probably end up like the Reichert anyhoo, $3,500 for one class... GAWD, can you imagine! That's totally insane to me!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Halter futurities/new association   Halter futurities/new association Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Halter futurities/new association
Page 1 of 1