Equine Online
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Equine Online

Everything Horses

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Futurities

Go down 
+2
Bluejay
7cedars
6 posters
AuthorMessage
B1

Futurities Empty
PostSubject: Futurities   Futurities Icon_minitimeApril 9th 2007, 10:03 am

With all the new babies on the ground and so many breeders here..... I thought it'd be fun to share our futurity nominations Smile

My ApHC babies are all nominated to the MApHA Breeders Futurity and I have one eligible for the WMAR futurity this year. I'm watching this last filly and I may pay her into an Open Color futurity in Ohio.
Back to top Go down
B2

Futurities Empty
PostSubject: Re: Futurities   Futurities Icon_minitimeApril 9th 2007, 10:16 am

I have more futurities then I am going to be able to go too. Have 2-3 up Kellys way and thats a long haul Crying or Very sad 1 in NY I want to go too but that depends on whether I go to Congress or not. Can't haul all that way twice <aug and Oct>

Go For The Gold, one in Michigan well like I said too many that I could enter but not so sure hubby will say yes. Then again I might decide they are not ready for any of them until the fall.

Oh then there is the 5-star Futurity and the Colors of the Fall one. cha ching I will have to talk real nice to John LOL
Back to top Go down
7cedars

Number of posts : 1667
Registration date : 2007-02-08

Futurities Empty
PostSubject: Re: Futurities   Futurities Icon_minitimeApril 9th 2007, 10:39 am

I never decide on futurities until I can see how the baby is coming along, whether they're up/down, ready for it, etc. If I do go, I pay the late fee and show up the day of the class. They may get sold before the futurities even start - who knows - one reason why I never prepay.

Five Star looks pretty neat, but I'm not hauling a weanling 11 1/2 hours to a danged show - wouldn't even haul a big'un that far.

I'll probably hit some Sunday ones, if they have 'em, but football on Friday night with the boys is more important than Saturday futurities, but we'll see.
Back to top Go down
Bluejay

Bluejay

Number of posts : 2415
Registration date : 2007-02-07

Futurities Empty
PostSubject: Re: Futurities   Futurities Icon_minitimeApril 9th 2007, 10:41 am

I only plan to attend one in Monroe Washington this year. The futurities we have around here are limited.. I think there are only like two and you have to nominate the mare before she foals and the stallion has to be in the list for the SSF.

You can go in open and those run $150.00 for entry fees.. Still only two of them. Not enough purse to make it worth while. Rolling Eyes

Good luck to both of you and I hope you win lots of money and buckles.. Dancing bounce
Back to top Go down
http://www.itsmysite.com/bissellquarterhorses
Triple J Quarter Horses

Triple J Quarter Horses

Number of posts : 2228

Futurities Empty
PostSubject: Re: Futurities   Futurities Icon_minitimeApril 9th 2007, 11:36 am

Ky Rainbow's, Ky Breeders, Ky Quarterhorse, and they have one in Illinois, a rainbow and may go to congress with my palomino colt . Im shocked at his size. Shocked I thought with him being late, he'd be behind. Well he's doing his best to make up for lost time. And growing level, I think that is why he is sneaking up on us. 7 Ceders are sure right about the up and down thing. Kept me from taking my filly last year. She just popped up with that little fanny and she kept her little fanny at Home! Profiles ! Profiles ! scratch
Back to top Go down
standbytrucker

standbytrucker

Number of posts : 218
Registration date : 2007-02-22

Futurities Empty
PostSubject: Re: Futurities   Futurities Icon_minitimeApril 9th 2007, 10:15 pm

aww. im so jealous. i dont have any babies to take to futurities this year Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad

thats okay. i have two, two year olds i get to break. so its a cool trade off.

good luck to everyone! see yall at the congress??
Back to top Go down
Lynn M.

Lynn M.

Number of posts : 1034

Futurities Empty
PostSubject: Re: Futurities   Futurities Icon_minitimeApril 10th 2007, 12:58 am

futurities are hard for me to decide on with all of ours being under saddle futurities and 3 yr old it really means sacrificing a lot including possible future soundness so we don't really consider it at this point in the game with our weanlings. The 4yr old maturity classes are better if you ask me. I would really like to be able to have my one stud colt go to the NRCHA futurity (would really increase his future stud fees if he could win) but only if he has the talent once he is started to do so without having to be pushed hard (but that would require total trust in a trainer) when I talked with BJ Avilia I told him I wasn't really interested in pushing for a futurity horse and he said he understood- but if a horse could be a futurity horse w/o any extra/special training why not? I really really want a horse that can win the super horse title in the AQHA that is my dream some day and that doesn't require pushing a young horse really hard so that is more my focus right now.... the perfect all around cow horse is what I am trying to raise- working cow, reining, cutting, roping and now performance halter.
Back to top Go down
7cedars

Number of posts : 1667

Futurities Empty
PostSubject: Re: Futurities   Futurities Icon_minitimeApril 10th 2007, 7:08 am

I think that's absolutely great, Lynn, got a focus and getting after it. I agree on those type of futurities. It's more important for me to keep a horse sound than it is winning any type of futurity. One reason why I hate bringing these young'uns out. I just flat won't push them. I like taking them out as yearlings and going that way - might have to make an exception this year, but we'll see... football is way more important this coming FAll!

I know when I took Scamp last year, he was right at six months old, didn't push him, just kind of let him do his own thing, got him out, didn't show at a futurity because they only had yearling futurity, but went in a 2 and under stallion class, and he got to go in in grand and reserve with his Dad. Good experience for him, but nothing big.

Now, since he's a yearling, that's a whole different ballgame. I'm just so glad that all of Kid's babies stay pretty much even - I don't have to worry about the up/down thing, just keep them sound, make sure they have lots of good feed and exercise, and keep their brain from blowing up! And most definitely, let them be a horse as much as possible!
Back to top Go down
Lynn M.

Lynn M.

Number of posts : 1034

Futurities Empty
PostSubject: Re: Futurities   Futurities Icon_minitimeApril 10th 2007, 7:20 am

Most of my babies see saw so bad they couldn't go into these halter classes as yearlings we would get laughed out of the ring it would be down right embarassing Embarassed and no way would I cut their manes No never not for anything
Back to top Go down
Triple J Quarter Horses

Triple J Quarter Horses

Number of posts : 2228

Futurities Empty
PostSubject: Re: Futurities   Futurities Icon_minitimeApril 10th 2007, 10:16 am

You know so many foals/yearlings are pushed so hard to grow and win at these futurities that many are not seen again in the show ring. Guess that is where we get back to the post "what would you do to win?" Id almost rather see them cheat on the foaling dates then, do what is done by some.

A friend of mine lives in here in Kentucky by a Winning Halter Trainer. One of his barn help worked for her sometimes too when she left for a week end futurity or show. He came to her barn Around Novemberish and said, "So and So had a foal born last night you should come and see it", he just thought is was so cute. He said it was in the old barn. The old barn was nicer then most of our new barns, but anyway, My friend waited till after the first of the new year and went up there. The mare and foal are now up in the main barn, The trainer pulls them out and says, "Isn't this the biggest new born you ever saw, the biggest one I ever had!" She said well, "So and So, it looks like it could almost 3 months old!" He didn't say a word, just changed the subject! And started talking about a yearling.

Which was funny, because by AQHA rules he had just showed her one! scratch

Lynn, Love it that you cut a mane. But you could still show futurities, Just band it long!
Back to top Go down
Kim

Number of posts : 99
Registration date : 2007-02-07

Futurities Empty
PostSubject: Re: Futurities   Futurities Icon_minitimeApril 12th 2007, 5:38 pm

I don't have any babies this year .... but next year we're crossing out fingers Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Futurities Empty
PostSubject: Re: Futurities   Futurities Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Futurities
Page 1 of 1