Equine Online
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Equine Online

Everything Horses

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Sad Day at Silver Buckle...

Go down 
+8
Merikle Waters
7cedars
Cindy
SSFarm2
PHENOMADACIOUS
stockman
RoperChick
SilverBuckleHorses
12 posters
AuthorMessage
SilverBuckleHorses

SilverBuckleHorses

Number of posts : 636
Registration date : 2007-02-08

Sad Day at Silver Buckle... Empty
PostSubject: Sad Day at Silver Buckle...   Sad Day at Silver Buckle... Icon_minitimeFebruary 9th 2007, 12:40 pm

I am very sad to inform everyone that yesterday evening, I have to put my 4 year old gelding, Cowboy (Skipa Splash Sky Bug), down from an injury to his jaw. His jaw was literally broke in pieces, and surgery wasn't an option for many reasons. It was a really grusome experience and he was in an extreme amount of pain. I was "owned" by my baby since he was eight months old, we've done a lot together and I will miss him dearly. He was my riding horse, my project, my shoulder to cry on and one of my best friends. He was an amazing and beautiful horse, he is survived by two foals who are making their owners very happy. I cried so much yesterday that I can't cry anymore today, made myself sick over it. Some very good people burried him on their property where I'll be able to go visit anytime I like. He gave a lot of people their first ride on a horse, and everyone liked him, he was one of those special horses who made everyone smile, gave lots of kisses, and never got anyone hurt. I'll always remember riding him, because he had wings when you turned on the gas. I don't know how much I'll be around, my whole family is grieving right now. I thought I'd post a picture of him for everyone to see...

Sad Day at Silver Buckle... CowboysAdd

this is him from when he was a yearling.

Sad Day at Silver Buckle... F534218c
Back to top Go down
http://www.silverbucklehorses.cjb.net
RoperChick

RoperChick

Number of posts : 181
Registration date : 2007-02-07

PostSubject: Re: Sad Day at Silver Buckle...   Sad Day at Silver Buckle... Icon_minitimeFebruary 9th 2007, 12:45 pm

I don't know what to say, except that I am so sorry to hear about the loss of Cowboy. You'll be in my prayers and we are here if you need a shoulder to cry on.
Back to top Go down
stockman

stockman

Number of posts : 356

PostSubject: Re: Sad Day at Silver Buckle...   Sad Day at Silver Buckle... Icon_minitimeFebruary 9th 2007, 12:50 pm

Oh my gosh, I'm really sorry to hear that! He looks and sounds like such an awesome horse. You have great memories and two foals to carry on his legacy, and hopefully that can be solace to you in the future. An unexpected tragedy is every horse owner's worst fear, and you are in my prayers as you attempt to deal with this!
Back to top Go down
PHENOMADACIOUS

PHENOMADACIOUS

Number of posts : 424

PostSubject: Re: Sad Day at Silver Buckle...   Sad Day at Silver Buckle... Icon_minitimeFebruary 9th 2007, 12:55 pm

I'm so sorry, I know it hurts a lot right now, probably more than anything ever has, but please try to think of him up there... free from pain and watching over you.
Back to top Go down
SSFarm2

SSFarm2

Number of posts : 177

PostSubject: Re: Sad Day at Silver Buckle...   Sad Day at Silver Buckle... Icon_minitimeFebruary 9th 2007, 3:17 pm

I am so sorry, I know just how you feel. It is a very hard decision to make. I am still missing my Penny and it has been a month.

I will say a prayer for you and him. My thoughts are with you.

Alecia
Back to top Go down
Cindy

Cindy

Number of posts : 871

PostSubject: Re: Sad Day at Silver Buckle...   Sad Day at Silver Buckle... Icon_minitimeFebruary 9th 2007, 9:15 pm

Oh my gosh, I'm so sorry! I will you and your family in my thoughts and prayers.
Back to top Go down
http://www.rockin911.com
7cedars

Number of posts : 1667

PostSubject: Re: Sad Day at Silver Buckle...   Sad Day at Silver Buckle... Icon_minitimeFebruary 9th 2007, 9:39 pm

You remember what I told you - you've got my phone number now, so you feel free to call any time, and I mean, any time, day or night. I'm just so sorry. We're all here to help, though, when you get low. I'm just so very sorry.
Back to top Go down
Merikle Waters

Merikle Waters

Number of posts : 690

PostSubject: Re: Sad Day at Silver Buckle...   Sad Day at Silver Buckle... Icon_minitimeFebruary 9th 2007, 9:46 pm

I am soo sorry for your loss.

You are in my thoughts....

Hugs for **silver buckle horses** Like a Star @ heaven Sad

We are all here for you if you need someone to talk to..
Back to top Go down
SilverBuckleHorses

SilverBuckleHorses

PostSubject: Re: Sad Day at Silver Buckle...   Sad Day at Silver Buckle... Icon_minitimeFebruary 9th 2007, 11:41 pm

It's been a really emotional day today girls, I'm not sure how I made it the whole day without breaking down again, like this morning when I went out to feed 7 horses instead of eight, that was the hardest thing for me to do. But, I sat for a long time and thought about Cowboy today, about how he has had such a good, healthy life, even though it was short. He has been a lot of places, done a lot of things right there with me, and I'll never forget how he gave me the confidence to really ride hard again. I used that confidence today and put the first ride on one of our three year old fillies, and I realized that he gave me so much knowledge and now I get to apply it to every horse that comes into my life. I have seven horses sitting out on two acres, I love them all very much and putting the time into the new filly is going to get me through this, because Cowboy has touched my life, and because of that, I am a better person, a better rider, and a better horse-woman. He gave me that, and it's something I'll always have. The three year old did great, I'll be aiming to take her to a little walk trot show in a couple of months, and at the end of the day, life goes on and you have to keep on living, even if you don't have what you had yesterday, the memory of it will last you a lifetime and I know in my heart that I'll never forget this horse.
Back to top Go down
PHENOMADACIOUS

PHENOMADACIOUS

Number of posts : 424

PostSubject: Re: Sad Day at Silver Buckle...   Sad Day at Silver Buckle... Icon_minitimeFebruary 9th 2007, 11:56 pm

[color=plum]
Quote :
[color:5842=plum:5842]even if you don't have what you had yesterday, the memory of it will last you a lifetime and I know in my heart that I'll never forget this horse.

What you just said is exactly what I've spent the last 9 monthes trying to think of when I remember my Charlie... Thank you Embarassed
Back to top Go down
Stacey

Stacey

Number of posts : 10

PostSubject: Re: Sad Day at Silver Buckle...   Sad Day at Silver Buckle... Icon_minitimeFebruary 10th 2007, 12:00 am

I'm so sorry to hear about your loss. That is just horrible and such a tough decision to make, especially knowing how young he was. Obviously as you stated he was in major pain, so you must know you did do the right thing. My thoughts are with you!
Thanks for sharing with us, I just hope we can give you some kind of comfort with our words & prayers.
~Stacey
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/imjagger
Bluejay

Bluejay

Number of posts : 2415

PostSubject: Re: Sad Day at Silver Buckle...   Sad Day at Silver Buckle... Icon_minitimeFebruary 10th 2007, 12:13 am

I think most of have gone through this and when we say how sorry we are and know how you feel it is sincere.. Everyone who knows this pain has a broken heart. Maybe not as much as yours. But, it does bring back memories of when we went through it and the feelings in our hearts are for you right now. It is a big adjustment in your life. Soon the bad part will fade and you will remember the happy memories. Try to keep in mind that he is a free spirit now and he loved you too.. Sad
Back to top Go down
http://www.itsmysite.com/bissellquarterhorses
SilverBuckleHorses

SilverBuckleHorses

PostSubject: Re: Sad Day at Silver Buckle...   Sad Day at Silver Buckle... Icon_minitimeFebruary 10th 2007, 12:49 am

What comforts me is knowing that I'll see him again someday, because if there aren't any horses in heaven, I'm not going, and I mean it ;o) Thank you guys so much... I know every one of you sincerely means what you say, you're a great bunch of gals, thank you for the phone calls, I've got a lot of them. Didn't realize how fast news traveled in family, my grandparents just called to say how sorry they were... I'm ok, because like I said, I know I gave my boy a great life, and I can sleep in peace at night knowing that he's going to be with me always. I also know that it eventually wont hurt as much as it does right now, but I tell ya, I find myself crying. Just watched Flika and held it together until the end part during the credits, when they play the My Little Girl song and show the photo slide of all the little girls on horses... Makes me really want a little girl in the future to share all my horsie love with. And this whole situation made me really, really more adamant in my decision to become a vet. And I know for a fact that when I do become one, I won't be the one that sets there and says, unless you can give me such and such amount right now, I can't save your horse, sorry. Because the thing is, I don't want to be a vet for the money, I want to do it so I can help someone avoid going through what we've all been through, because even though I've got a good outlook on things right now, this feeling I have really sucks, for lack of a better way to put it.
Back to top Go down
RoperChick

RoperChick

Number of posts : 181

PostSubject: Re: Sad Day at Silver Buckle...   Sad Day at Silver Buckle... Icon_minitimeFebruary 10th 2007, 12:58 am

Maybe that will be the positive thing that comes out of something very heartbreaking. This making you want to be a vet even more so that you can help people and their horses is a great thing.

I hope I worded that okay, I know what I was trying to say, but I've got a cold right now and my brain isn't working.
Back to top Go down
SilverBuckleHorses

SilverBuckleHorses

PostSubject: Re: Sad Day at Silver Buckle...   Sad Day at Silver Buckle... Icon_minitimeFebruary 10th 2007, 6:23 am

You worded it perfectly Beth, and I'm sick too (which explains me being up at 3:21 for cold medicine lol.). I know a lot of positive things will come from this, because he was one of those horses that made positive things happen, I have no doubt that even though he's not here, he still has something to teach me... Once again, thank you gals so very much for your kind words, it means so much to me...
Back to top Go down
jools

Number of posts : 168

PostSubject: Re: Sad Day at Silver Buckle...   Sad Day at Silver Buckle... Icon_minitimeFebruary 10th 2007, 8:47 am

Sad Sad

Losing a best friend is heartbreaking
My heart goes out to you
I will pick a star for him tonight........ Like a Star @ heaven
Back to top Go down
7cedars

Number of posts : 1667

PostSubject: Re: Sad Day at Silver Buckle...   Sad Day at Silver Buckle... Icon_minitimeFebruary 10th 2007, 8:11 pm

Silverbuckles, how ya doing? Checking on you. Remember, we're all thinking about ya.
Back to top Go down
Triple J Quarter Horses

Triple J Quarter Horses

Number of posts : 2228

PostSubject: Re: Sad Day at Silver Buckle...   Sad Day at Silver Buckle... Icon_minitimeFebruary 12th 2007, 1:29 am

Im sooo sorry, How terrible for you.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Sad Day at Silver Buckle...   Sad Day at Silver Buckle... Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Sad Day at Silver Buckle...
Page 1 of 1