Equine Online
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Equine Online

Everything Horses

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Vegas Update

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Bucks&Blues

Bucks&Blues

Number of posts : 548
Registration date : 2007-02-10

Vegas Update Empty
PostSubject: Vegas Update   Vegas Update Icon_minitimeApril 25th 2008, 1:40 pm

Its been forever since I have posted anything so I figured I might as well give an update.

Vegas is doing great! We havent hit any shows because Im tired of showing in halter, to much BS going on in those arenas for a fair placing.

Last Friday my friend and I took Vegas and her mare to a trainer in Gainsvillle. Hes a cutter, and a penner/sorting trainer. I wanted him to ride Vegas on cows and see what he thought of her. We arent going the cutting route, which is more full of BS than halter, for that reason. Way to many politics to even want to try. So its sorting and penning for us. He says that with the training that shes already had, he should be able to finish her in 3 months. Then he wants to take her to a futurity with my friends horse, and another one in Oklahoma later this year.

Her leg is fine, no troubles, just a very small strip of scar tissue. It wont affect her performance, just her look. If you dont know its there, then you cant tell.

Sterling, her full brother, is going through this crazy 2 yr old thing. I mean he is just flat akward looking. All legs, and narrow. I guess its a cow horse thing. Vegas hit a time like that, and then her 3 yr old yr she blossomed and now looks like a mack truck. I think its from their dams side, none of the sires other babies really do that. Hes still for sale, but I had him listed at a ridiculous price cause I wasnt quite ready to sell him.

Ive been thinking how nice it would be to have just one horse again. That way Vegas gets all my attention and Sterling doesnt get left behind. She could go further and I wouldnt have to send him to the trainer next year.

Ive got picks, but I need to get them on the computer.
Back to top Go down
Kidd Kuhlmann

Kidd Kuhlmann

Number of posts : 942
Registration date : 2007-02-12

Vegas Update Empty
PostSubject: Re: Vegas Update   Vegas Update Icon_minitimeApril 28th 2008, 7:29 pm

Penning and sorting can be SUPER fun!

And a horse that knows how to do it is even better Very Happy

and pics PLEASE cheers
Back to top Go down
http://www.kuhlmannequine.com
SilverBuckleHorses

SilverBuckleHorses

Number of posts : 636
Registration date : 2007-02-08

Vegas Update Empty
PostSubject: Re: Vegas Update   Vegas Update Icon_minitimeApril 29th 2008, 9:49 am

Can't wait for pics! I think you'll like penning and sorting, I do both and it's really a blast when you have good people to work with and a horse that is good with getting cows to manuever. Good luck!
Back to top Go down
http://www.silverbucklehorses.cjb.net
emma&slim09

emma&slim09

Number of posts : 163
Registration date : 2007-02-10

Vegas Update Empty
PostSubject: Re: Vegas Update   Vegas Update Icon_minitimeApril 29th 2008, 6:51 pm

Teehee I love Penning too. xD coming from the one who got 1st 2nd and 4th Saturday. lol

Can't wait until Saturday. I'm sure she'll do good for you and hopefully we can ride tomorrow.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Vegas Update Empty
PostSubject: Re: Vegas Update   Vegas Update Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Vegas Update
Page 1 of 1