Equine Online
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Equine Online

Everything Horses

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Another 2 week Vegas update with vids!

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Bucks&Blues

Bucks&Blues

Number of posts : 548
Registration date : 2007-02-10

Another 2 week Vegas update with vids! Empty
PostSubject: Another 2 week Vegas update with vids!   Another 2 week Vegas update with vids! Icon_minitimeMay 22nd 2007, 2:16 am

Im probably going to bore yall to death with Vegas update videos! Laughing .

There are 4 of them, but their not that long.

I can really see a difference since 2 weeks ago. Her headset is getting alot better. Right now she has an arch, but shes getting the hang of it and realizing where he wants her head. He said that she has a really soft face. Shes almost got her right lead down, but still slips up every now and then. She has gotten thicker and has put on some good muscle mass. That nice trim neck of hers that I worked so hard to keep, is now bulging on both sides with muscles, its pretty cool. I actually like it like that!

Hes got her started on the spin, shes not an A+ yet, but shes really got the talent there to do it. Its so funny to watch, she knows shes not to pick up her foot, so instead of completely lifting it, she raises her heel and uses her toe, little cheater! But shes moving on very nicely for only 25 days of training. He was telling me how he hasnt had on like her come along in a few years that was so easy and fun to work with.

Hes getting sliders put on her next week, so the sliding begins! She naturally wants to drop her hiney, and he really likes that.

Sorry, Im gushing over a horse!

Heres number 1
Back to top Go down
Bucks&Blues

Bucks&Blues

PostSubject: Re: Another 2 week Vegas update with vids!   Another 2 week Vegas update with vids! Icon_minitimeMay 22nd 2007, 2:32 am

Oops I got so excited I forgot to add the link...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x0lMmJhM00c

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6PkAWQVAfnw

Theres 2 more but youtube is being ugly right now.
Back to top Go down
Bellablue

Bellablue

Number of posts : 34
Registration date : 2007-05-10

PostSubject: Re: Another 2 week Vegas update with vids!   Another 2 week Vegas update with vids! Icon_minitimeMay 22nd 2007, 11:47 pm

She looks great!! How fun, you should be excited and proud of her. She is beautiful she is moing so pretty. She reminds me a bunch of my filly Bella. How is she bred? Bella is going back to the reining trainer at the end of July... I hope Very Happy
Back to top Go down
stockman

stockman

Number of posts : 356
Registration date : 2007-02-08

PostSubject: Re: Another 2 week Vegas update with vids!   Another 2 week Vegas update with vids! Icon_minitimeMay 23rd 2007, 1:49 am

She's doing good! They eventually learn it's easier just to put their head where we want it, but she's getting there and getting slower at the canter! It's amazing what a few weeks can do. I want to see her spins.
Back to top Go down
Bucks&Blues

Bucks&Blues

PostSubject: Re: Another 2 week Vegas update with vids!   Another 2 week Vegas update with vids! Icon_minitimeMay 23rd 2007, 2:04 am

Bellablue wrote:
She looks great!! How fun, you should be excited and proud of her. She is beautiful she is moing so pretty. She reminds me a bunch of my filly Bella. How is she bred? Bella is going back to the reining trainer at the end of July... I hope Very Happy

I am excited! I try to keep from acting like a goon about her, but I cant help it!

She is 89% or more foundation bred. Someone did the percentage for me on the old AQHA forum. She goes back to Leo, King, and Doc Bar on both sides. Her sire and dam are not great achievers, because they were never given the chance to anything but breed (irresponsibly). Her grandparents have some performance points and a few ROMs in halter, which I find the halter interesting!

He told me I could ride her when I was there. I wanted to soo bad, but I got bucked this past Friday and my back STILL pinches when I turn. I was worried about hpw bad it would hurt to get off of her. I am definately going to ride her in 2 weeks though!
Back to top Go down
Bucks&Blues

Bucks&Blues

PostSubject: Re: Another 2 week Vegas update with vids!   Another 2 week Vegas update with vids! Icon_minitimeMay 23rd 2007, 2:10 am

stockman wrote:
She's doing good! They eventually learn it's easier just to put their head where we want it, but she's getting there and getting slower at the canter! It's amazing what a few weeks can do. I want to see her spins.

I noticed she was slower in the lope too. But thats what I want! I am soo amazed at what 2 weeks at a professional trainer can do, really. This is the first time I have ever used one, cause I usually break them out myself, and now I know why people use trainers!

He was doing her spins, and naturally I had the camera accidentally focused on the dog in the middle of the arena. I was in so much awe that I forgot to put the camera on the horse.

I will have another video in 2 weeks, I will definatey get her spins, and hopefully some of me riding her! Im such an emotional person that Im afraid I will bawl like a baby from happiness when I get on her! Im such a dork.

Thanks to both of you!
Back to top Go down
7cedars

Number of posts : 1667
Registration date : 2007-02-08

PostSubject: Re: Another 2 week Vegas update with vids!   Another 2 week Vegas update with vids! Icon_minitimeMay 23rd 2007, 8:26 am

She's coming along very nicely, bending at the poll, etc. Which is key.

I noticed on the first video, she was doing that oh, gosh, I can't walk straight thingy... cracks me up when they do that.

Just so you know, the key to having a trainer and getting the horse to respond like the trainer does, is to learn to ride the same way the trainer does, so be paying real close attention to his legs, seat and hands.

Can't wait to see updated videos... looking good, looking good!
Back to top Go down
QHorse163

QHorse163

Number of posts : 311
Registration date : 2007-02-12

PostSubject: Re: Another 2 week Vegas update with vids!   Another 2 week Vegas update with vids! Icon_minitimeMay 24th 2007, 9:13 pm

She is really looking good! Smile Hey, after the reining thing, you better pull out the breeches because that trot belongs in the HUS! Very pretty.
Back to top Go down
Bucks&Blues

Bucks&Blues

PostSubject: Re: Another 2 week Vegas update with vids!   Another 2 week Vegas update with vids! Icon_minitimeMay 25th 2007, 1:31 am

QHorse163 wrote:
She is really looking good! Smile Hey, after the reining thing, you better pull out the breeches because that trot belongs in the HUS! Very pretty.

LOL! ME IN BREECHES?!!? affraid

You know, your not the first person to mention that about her. I have had judges tell me that she needs to go HUS for sure. I just dont think she has the heighth to fit in.

Who knows, I just might try it one day!
Back to top Go down
Bucks&Blues

Bucks&Blues

PostSubject: Re: Another 2 week Vegas update with vids!   Another 2 week Vegas update with vids! Icon_minitimeMay 25th 2007, 1:33 am

QHorse163 wrote:

LOL! ME IN BREECHES?!!? affraid

You know, your not the first person to mention that about her. I have had judges tell me that she needs to go HUS for sure. I just dont think she has the heighth to fit in.

Who knows, I just might try it one day!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Another 2 week Vegas update with vids!   Another 2 week Vegas update with vids! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Another 2 week Vegas update with vids!
Page 1 of 1