Equine Online
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Equine Online

Everything Horses

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Silver Buckle Horse Update

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
SilverBuckleHorses

SilverBuckleHorses

Number of posts : 636
Registration date : 2007-02-08

Silver Buckle Horse Update Empty
PostSubject: Silver Buckle Horse Update   Silver Buckle Horse Update Icon_minitimeFebruary 24th 2007, 10:03 pm

Well, first off, I don't remember if I ever posted that my website was recently redone, it has a whole new layout and a whole new theme, courtesy of NMP Graphics. www.SilverBuckleHorses.cjb.net Take a look, the Our Horses Page and Updates page is in the process of being updated right now.
I think I'm as recovered as I'm ever going to be from the Cowboy incident. The only thing is, life pretty much seems like one problem after another lately. There is a mare that I really, really want to purchase, and I had a whole plan to get her, sell three horses, that would pay for her and the trip. Well, one horse was put down and the other horses just didn't bring in enough. Next thing, my dad was out of work because of rain, so there was no extra cash in the bank to help out with the situation and we were living on the money from the horses sold. Next thing, our deep pump went out in our well, all together that thing cost almost $4,000.00 and it was divided between three people, still a BIG chunk of change. Next thing, dad quit his job. Yippe. So yea, I've got my pickup for sale right now, trying to get the money to get her, I just feel like I'm on my last leg, I tell ya. I feel like I'm banging my head up against the wall, and every time I get close to breaking through, they put up another layer of brick on the other side. I don't know how things are going to work out, but I sure as heck hope they do because this mare was going to be my turning point for the year, I've just got to get there.
Star went to her new home today with Cherie (REINING CHIK), walked right up in the trailer like a doll, I hope they have a long happy life with each other. She's a super nice filly, has a really bright future. Scotch is looking dang good, he's going through a growth spurt right now, which is pushing him out of that gangly baby stage, he looks really filled out, he's totally shed, and his manners are always improving. The little white colt that had all the health problems is doing really well, I have pictures to put of from when he was sick, and I'll take more when he's looking even better. Umm, I saddled Missy up for the first time the other day, she'll be 2 in May, but I want her to be going really well before she's ready to ride at three, she'll be learning how to ground drive and get used to being saddled and ponied around the desert. Nardy is still doing really well under saddle, no kinks yet, so that's good. It's so wierd only updating on five horses, but so nice at the same time.
Remmy's feet were getting pretty lengthy today and my dad was going to pull his shoes, but ended up tweeking his back so that was a no go, which means that I got stuck pulling and giving him a trim, blah. I haven't been under a horse since last summer and my knees are just killing me right now, I tell ya, I'm going to feel this tomorrow. Just reminded me that I don't want to be a farrier, no matter how good the money is lol. How is everyone else doing lately?
Back to top Go down
http://www.silverbucklehorses.cjb.net
7cedars

Number of posts : 1667
Registration date : 2007-02-08

PostSubject: Re: Silver Buckle Horse Update   Silver Buckle Horse Update Icon_minitimeFebruary 24th 2007, 11:46 pm

Sounds like you've had a heck of a day, my dear. I know you're still young, and well, I guess it kind of concerns me in one way that you've taken on so much, Jo. You still have so much living to do at such a young age. Then again, kudos for you being so mature and grown-up and taking responsibilities. I can tell you this, life's too short to worry about the little stuff. If something is meant to happen, and you've worked your tail off to do it, and it still doesn't happen, sometimes it's meant to be. But I"ll tell you this, until I have exhausted everything possible, only then will I say, okay, I guess it's just not meant to be.

Now, I don't know what kind of a deal you're trying to do with this mare, but in the meantime, have you asked the owners to take a deposit with payments until you can get all your ducks in a row, so to speak?

I've been where you are many, many times. And I'm sorry you have to go through this. Try a different perspective, maybe what you're thankful for, for example, your colt, the things that are going right... I know one thing, you have an awful lot of good things going for ya, and I think you're just flat an awesome young lady, who us older ones, look to see you doing some amazing things in your life.
Back to top Go down
B2

PostSubject: Re: Silver Buckle Horse Update   Silver Buckle Horse Update Icon_minitimeFebruary 24th 2007, 11:55 pm

Yes I agree it sounds like your about to the top of your head in troublesome things lately in your life. I might wonder if maybe your just not meant to get this mare? Sometimes as much as we want something life tries to put things in our way to slow us down and sometimes its for a reason.

If things are blocking you so much maybe this is why? By the sounds of it you really do not need to be adding another horse into the mix. My advice would be concentrate on the yearling you want to be the stallion of your place. Put all the extra money into him, you can't breed him now anyway so save that money and promote/show the hell out of the stallion prospect.

Just my 2 cents which might not be worth even the 2 cents. I just know that when you try to do too much too soon you end up having to cut corners in places you shouldn't. Concentrate on the colt is my thoughts.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Silver Buckle Horse Update   Silver Buckle Horse Update Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Silver Buckle Horse Update
Page 1 of 1