Equine Online
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Equine Online

Everything Horses

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

having a terrible time

Go down 
+2
Lynn M.
shazgeoff
6 posters
AuthorMessage
shazgeoff

shazgeoff

Number of posts : 850
Registration date : 2007-02-10

having a terrible time Empty
PostSubject: having a terrible time   having a terrible time Icon_minitimeJuly 5th 2007, 3:51 am

Hi guys

just a quick update on things here.
Took my black horse Shiraz to her first show and she got three 1st and one 3rd,very,very pleased with her.

Weve got our reining mare who is having teeth problems,got to have her wolf teeth out once her ulcers have gone.Why do people never check there horses teeth.

The worse bit is my black horse Shiraz has since had a nasty accident,she slipped in field,slid into some metal railings that surround a sub station,got her foot trapped underneath.She severed an artery,luckily missed the tendon sheath but has damaged the cartilage.She nearly ripped the whole hoof off.
Was a horrible mess,we are praying infection keeps out of the cartilage otherwise the prognosis is not so good. She is being an absolute star as a patient.Can you guys please say a pray for her.pray pray
Back to top Go down
Lynn M.

Lynn M.

Number of posts : 1034
Registration date : 2007-02-08

PostSubject: Re: having a terrible time   having a terrible time Icon_minitimeJuly 5th 2007, 5:18 am

well congrats on the placing she is a beautiful mare...
I agree on the teeth we spend a lot of time and money on them even the broodies get them done at least once a year you just have to! and ulcers are a yucky thing to mess with hope that works out for you they have some great treatments out now as ulcers are really a hot topic these days...
Good luck with the injury my filly who is now retired to the broodmare pen had a severe injury as a yearling that got into the joint capsule and cartiledge and we had to put antibiotics into the joint itself before it was all over she is sound in pasture with other horses but can't stand up to being broke to ride otherwise she pulled through had a turn around the day the vet was getting ready to call and tell us to put her down (that was 2 weeks into treatment) so have faith these guys are tough there are a lot of treatments and a lot of antiobiotics we went through 3 different high powered ones plus direct infusion into the joint and you would never know to look at her she was ever injured. Will be thinking of you and praying for her she is sure a special little one!
Back to top Go down
RoperChick

RoperChick

Number of posts : 181
Registration date : 2007-02-07

PostSubject: Re: having a terrible time   having a terrible time Icon_minitimeJuly 5th 2007, 5:24 am

You'll both be in my prayers, please keep us updated on how she is doing.

Congratulations on placing so well, she is a beautiful mare.
Back to top Go down
7cedars

Number of posts : 1667

PostSubject: Re: having a terrible time   having a terrible time Icon_minitimeJuly 5th 2007, 9:04 am

Oh, man... boy, I hate to hear stuff like that. But congrats on the placings of your filly!

Everything I've read about ulcers, if you feed them corn oil, it helps.... guess it kind of coats the throat or something. I can tell ya, I've got both my show horses on it!

I sure hope she recovers... dang, that's just a flat shame!
Back to top Go down
shazgeoff

shazgeoff

PostSubject: Re: having a terrible time   having a terrible time Icon_minitimeJuly 5th 2007, 11:10 am

heres a pic accident happened monday 2nd,today pic taken 5th july
having a terrible time Shirazinjury011
Back to top Go down
Lynn M.

Lynn M.

Number of posts : 1034

PostSubject: Re: having a terrible time   having a terrible time Icon_minitimeJuly 5th 2007, 11:25 am

ouch! Looks nice and clean with healthy tissue so far you are being a good horse nurse!
Back to top Go down
Bluejay

Bluejay

Number of posts : 2415

PostSubject: Re: having a terrible time   having a terrible time Icon_minitimeJuly 5th 2007, 11:43 am

Good job on your placings.. cheering

The wounds does look nice and clean.. You are doing a good job there. That is a hard place to care for since it bends all the time.. Keep up the good work. I will be praying for you.. pray

As far as teeth go, I go by the individual horse. At $200.00 a float I cannot do that every year with 10 horses.. I do keep an eye on them and if it looks like there is trouble I have it done. I have some that never have a problem and others I need to do every couple of years. riding

Keep us posted on your progress with the healing.. It looks like it will turn out good for you. Just keep that infection away. ily
Back to top Go down
http://www.itsmysite.com/bissellquarterhorses
Triple J Quarter Horses

Triple J Quarter Horses

Number of posts : 2228

PostSubject: Re: having a terrible time   having a terrible time Icon_minitimeJuly 5th 2007, 12:14 pm

Looks like some proud flesh is growing, keep an eye on that. I was expecting much worse. IF you can find it there is a medication called Underwoods Horseman medication. IT IS GREAT! Ask 7 Ceders she got me started on it and it saved my newborn.
Back to top Go down
7cedars

PostSubject: Re: having a terrible time   having a terrible time Icon_minitimeJuly 6th 2007, 9:49 am

Yep, this is definitely a job for Underwood's... They're in Oklahoma... the phone # is (405) 665-2682... and you spray this brown looking stuff on and pack in baking powder. And I'm telling ya, my brother-in-law (stupid idgit) had a horse that impaled himself on a T post... had two vets working on him - was the worst case I've ever seen... and he doesn't even have a scar... but you need to do it at least 2 or 3 times a day, if at all possible, and YOU DON'T WRAP IT!

I found out about this stuff many moons ago, when me and my buddy were up at the Shawnee horse sale in Oklahoma... I've been using it for oh, 10 plus years at least!

Also, when it starts healing up, start putting pure Vitamin E around the edges, and then when it's really healing up, douse the Vitamin E on there twice a day... it'll keep it from scarring and keeping the place nice and supple...she'll be fine.
Back to top Go down
shazgeoff

shazgeoff

PostSubject: Re: having a terrible time   having a terrible time Icon_minitimeJuly 6th 2007, 9:54 am

can you send me a link,ive some equaide here i was going to try
Back to top Go down
7cedars

PostSubject: Re: having a terrible time   having a terrible time Icon_minitimeJuly 6th 2007, 10:00 am

Actually had my bottle here in the house... sorry about that.

It's www.underwoodhorsemedicine.com

The good thing about this is, you don't clean the place... you just keep spraying and putting baking powder on it... and believe me, it works tremendously!!!!
Back to top Go down
shazgeoff

shazgeoff

PostSubject: Re: having a terrible time   having a terrible time Icon_minitimeJuly 6th 2007, 10:28 am

just telephoned them,they dont ship overseas OH NO!.they dont have an email address either so i can send them a picture of her leg.

Something to do with export tax i told them i pay for that this end.
Back to top Go down
Bluejay

Bluejay

Number of posts : 2415

PostSubject: Re: having a terrible time   having a terrible time Icon_minitimeJuly 6th 2007, 11:02 am

Maybe someone here can get it and ship it to you scratch
Back to top Go down
http://www.itsmysite.com/bissellquarterhorses
7cedars

PostSubject: Re: having a terrible time   having a terrible time Icon_minitimeJuly 6th 2007, 12:03 pm

Okay, I'm a little confused here... if you paid for it, what the freak is the problem? If it's in a gosh-darned box, how the heck is anybody supposed to know what's in it?

Bluejay, isn't that your take on it? I'm about ready to call those people and say, now lookie here, I just told somebody about your gosh-darned product, and I've been using it forever, and dammit... SEND IT TO 'EM!!!!

You know what... I just thought of something... call them back and ask them if you can become a distributor in England... maybe that'll get their attention... HA! And who cares if you sell it... you'll have a box or two on hand, and you can sell some to friends or wahtever... just don't tell them that... HA!
Back to top Go down
7cedars

PostSubject: Re: having a terrible time   having a terrible time Icon_minitimeJuly 6th 2007, 12:37 pm

Okay, enough of this hooey... I'm on the phone with 'em right now....talking to the man who mixes it up... because of the import, it'd be like $125 a bottle shipping over there, but I can do it... this ole man is just cracking me up!

Anyhoos...here's the deal. It's the shipping of it from the USA to England... he says, even on my end, because of shipping 3 pounds to England, it's still going to cost X amount of dollars.

So Shazegoff... e-mail me and let me knwo your address... and I'll call the post office and see how much it'll be to ship. He said it should be the same thing as theirs...the $130 or whatever... he just feels bad about shipping a $20 bottle for that much.
Back to top Go down
Triple J Quarter Horses

Triple J Quarter Horses

Number of posts : 2228

PostSubject: Re: having a terrible time   having a terrible time Icon_minitimeJuly 6th 2007, 1:04 pm

Isnt he great! Laughing I mean, he is just great! Loved talking to him! cheers
Back to top Go down
shazgeoff

shazgeoff

PostSubject: Re: having a terrible time   having a terrible time Icon_minitimeJuly 6th 2007, 3:40 pm

7c ive pm`d you
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: having a terrible time   having a terrible time Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

having a terrible time
Page 1 of 1