Equine Online
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Equine Online

Everything Horses

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Absolutely bloody terrible day

Go down 
+6
SilverBuckleHorses
Bluejay
Triple J Quarter Horses
Bucks&Blues
Kidd Kuhlmann
reiningfan
10 posters
AuthorMessage
reiningfan

reiningfan

Number of posts : 699
Registration date : 2007-02-13

Absolutely bloody terrible day Empty
PostSubject: Absolutely bloody terrible day   Absolutely bloody terrible day Icon_minitimeJanuary 6th 2009, 12:07 am

Brennen's coming two year old cutting bred filly Caffiene, died today. She got caught up in the fence, no idea how, it was tight with electric wire as well. We got her out of the fence and into the barn, called the vet and went to hitch up the trailer while the kids massaged her legs. She started stuggling & the kids got out of the way. She fell down, dead. I talked to the vet and he figures either shock or a blood clot killed her.
Brennen had her in the 4-H Young Horse Developement Program. They had been doing a ton of groundwork, had started line driving and she would have been ready to get on. This was devestating to him, as they were quite bonded. You might remember that this is the one that he worked all summer to pay when he was 10. Why does it always have to be the good ones, or the ones with the most potential that get badly injured or die? This was very shocking as we had her walking, she was eating oats and whinnying to her buddies one minute and was dead the next.
Back to top Go down
Kidd Kuhlmann

Kidd Kuhlmann

Number of posts : 942
Registration date : 2007-02-12

PostSubject: Re: Absolutely bloody terrible day   Absolutely bloody terrible day Icon_minitimeJanuary 6th 2009, 12:15 am

I'm so sorry!!!

That's rough no matter what!!! Poor kiddo!
Back to top Go down
http://www.kuhlmannequine.com
Bucks&Blues

Bucks&Blues

Number of posts : 548
Registration date : 2007-02-10

PostSubject: Re: Absolutely bloody terrible day   Absolutely bloody terrible day Icon_minitimeJanuary 6th 2009, 12:58 am

That is terribly sad. Poor guy, hes probably just as shocked. Im so sorry to hear that.
Back to top Go down
Triple J Quarter Horses

Triple J Quarter Horses

Number of posts : 2228
Registration date : 2007-02-08

PostSubject: Re: Absolutely bloody terrible day   Absolutely bloody terrible day Icon_minitimeJanuary 6th 2009, 11:15 am

OH NO! Im so sorry, Poor Brennen He must be broken hearted! Bless his heart. Tell him I am soooo sorry! No Geez I just dont even know what to say.. God love him.
Back to top Go down
Bluejay

Bluejay

Number of posts : 2415
Registration date : 2007-02-07

PostSubject: Re: Absolutely bloody terrible day   Absolutely bloody terrible day Icon_minitimeJanuary 6th 2009, 1:39 pm

I am so sorry to hear that. I know how much it hurts and I feel your pain. Sad No
Back to top Go down
http://www.itsmysite.com/bissellquarterhorses
reiningfan

reiningfan

PostSubject: Re: Absolutely bloody terrible day   Absolutely bloody terrible day Icon_minitimeJanuary 6th 2009, 8:45 pm

Thank you guys. Some arse actually told him that she was "just a horse" and that there were many more out there. Maybe to someone who only thinks of their horses as livestock, but this was a cerished pet. He's doing better today, but seeing her empty stall at turn in time must have really hurt him, I know it did me.
Back to top Go down
SilverBuckleHorses

SilverBuckleHorses

Number of posts : 636

PostSubject: Re: Absolutely bloody terrible day   Absolutely bloody terrible day Icon_minitimeJanuary 6th 2009, 10:18 pm

I'm so sorry for his loss Crying or Very sad loosing a horse is never easy because they infact are not just horses, they're family...
Back to top Go down
http://www.silverbucklehorses.cjb.net
Merikle Waters

Merikle Waters

Number of posts : 690

PostSubject: Re: Absolutely bloody terrible day   Absolutely bloody terrible day Icon_minitimeJanuary 7th 2009, 12:21 am

Oh I am so sorry to hear that!! Poor Brennen and poor you, and such a nice filly.... Crying or Very sad . It really sucks when stuff like that happens, especially when you have no part or say in the matter. Im very sorry for the loss of caffiene Sad

Does Brennen have another horse to put in her place to continue with the program? Possibly to mend some of the pain?
Back to top Go down
reiningfan

reiningfan

PostSubject: Re: Absolutely bloody terrible day   Absolutely bloody terrible day Icon_minitimeJanuary 7th 2009, 1:23 am

I'm going to offer him Penny, my coming two year old. He'll have to do some work to get her to the point where Caffiene was, but she is an easier going horse, so it shouldn't be too hard. I've already started looking for one just in case he doesn't want to take her though. There is a palomino colt by the same sire as Caffiene, but I don't know that I want to spend another $1000 on a horse right now when we have one thats suitable sitting here.
Back to top Go down
shazgeoff

shazgeoff

Number of posts : 850
Registration date : 2007-02-10

PostSubject: Re: Absolutely bloody terrible day   Absolutely bloody terrible day Icon_minitimeJanuary 7th 2009, 7:17 am

Thats awful,i feel for you and Brennen.

As they say time is a great healer.

Im truly at a loss for words,im so sorry Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad
Back to top Go down
Lynn M.

Lynn M.

Number of posts : 1034

PostSubject: Re: Absolutely bloody terrible day   Absolutely bloody terrible day Icon_minitimeJanuary 7th 2009, 11:13 am

Im soo sorry it was hard to loose a young colt, I can't image loosing a 2 yr old esp for a kid. So hard to see your child learning life's lessons and not be able to protect them from the harsh realities. He will overcome esp with you at his side I am sure you are a great support to him.
Back to top Go down
Bluejay

Bluejay

Number of posts : 2415
Registration date : 2007-02-07

PostSubject: Re: Absolutely bloody terrible day   Absolutely bloody terrible day Icon_minitimeJanuary 7th 2009, 11:56 am

I know how he feels about the empty stall. It took me a long time to even look at Chad's stall after he died. I still make a mistake and call Bryan Chad once and awhile. And, these are not just horses. They are part of our family. Who ever said that to him does not have a clue what to say to someone who is hurting. No Mad
Back to top Go down
http://www.itsmysite.com/bissellquarterhorses
Mare

Mare

Number of posts : 522
Registration date : 2007-04-16

PostSubject: Re: Absolutely bloody terrible day   Absolutely bloody terrible day Icon_minitimeJanuary 7th 2009, 4:11 pm

Oh my gosh, Please tell him how sorry Iam for his loss. That makes it so hard to build that bond and then their gone. Keep us up dated with him and Penny
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Absolutely bloody terrible day   Absolutely bloody terrible day Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Absolutely bloody terrible day
Page 1 of 1