Equine Online
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Equine Online

Everything Horses

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

This time we did get a new horse

Go down 
+2
Mare
reiningfan
6 posters
AuthorMessage
reiningfan

reiningfan

Number of posts : 699
Registration date : 2007-02-13

This time we did get a new horse Empty
PostSubject: This time we did get a new horse   This time we did get a new horse Icon_minitimeNovember 17th 2008, 10:19 am

The other day I was making some phone calls, trying to sell 4-H calendars, when this guy was telling me about this mare he got given. She was too agressive to keep on his little acreage, as she was beating on his gelding, so he was thinking of taking her to the auction barn. I asked what she looked like and wether she was broke. She is a brown/bay (depends on who you ask), stout mare.
I kinda figured she'd make a nice saddle horse for Wade. Apparently the reason he hasn't been riding lately is that he hasn't had a horse he likes to ride. Ours are either too small or too slow apparently. So the guy offered us the mare.
We don't know her name, age or breed, but I have ridden her and she neck reins and has a heck of a set of brakes. She'll just be Wade's trail riding horse, so I think she'll be fne at her job.

Here she is
This time we did get a new horse IMG_1134

This time we did get a new horse IMG_1130

This time we did get a new horse IMG_1136

This time we did get a new horse IMG_1141

This time we did get a new horse IMG_1129

This time we did get a new horse IMG_1127
Back to top Go down
Mare

Mare

Number of posts : 522
Registration date : 2007-04-16

PostSubject: Re: This time we did get a new horse   This time we did get a new horse Icon_minitimeNovember 17th 2008, 10:32 am

Congrats!! That was a heck of a deal. So does Wade like her? You'll have to get some pics of him riding her so we can see.
Back to top Go down
Triple J Quarter Horses

Triple J Quarter Horses

Number of posts : 2228
Registration date : 2007-02-08

PostSubject: Re: This time we did get a new horse   This time we did get a new horse Icon_minitimeNovember 17th 2008, 11:43 am

Brrrrr Its looks to dang cold for me! Congrats!
Back to top Go down
reiningfan

reiningfan

PostSubject: Re: This time we did get a new horse   This time we did get a new horse Icon_minitimeNovember 18th 2008, 3:48 am

So far only I have ridden her. I'm hoping it will be nice enough tomorrow to ride. then we can go out for a bit of a trail ride. It has been fairly chilly here, but I can handle it with layers of clothes. It's the wind that really gets to me.
Back to top Go down
Merikle Waters

Merikle Waters

Number of posts : 690

PostSubject: Re: This time we did get a new horse   This time we did get a new horse Icon_minitimeNovember 20th 2008, 8:25 pm

wow she's a cutie! and you certainly cannot complain about the price!

You guys have little to no snow too? My place has only gotten a little dusting so far... but they are speculating we wont have snow on the ground atleast up until december 7th. However, with me working outside most of the day... its freakin cold! lol especially today! gusts of up to 60K per hour winds making it feel -18..... Shocked

I rushed out last night and blanketed everyone! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
reiningfan

reiningfan

PostSubject: Re: This time we did get a new horse   This time we did get a new horse Icon_minitimeNovember 21st 2008, 10:21 am

We have snow now, but not a whole lot of it. But it's freaking cold. The kids have a clinic tomorrow, but it sounds like the weather will be warmer.
Did you see the meteorite last night? We didn't, but people saw it East of us and it was seen as far as you. For the rest of you, it takes me 10 hours to drive from Brandi's place to home. That's a big distance to see a meteorite that lit up the sky.
Back to top Go down
Bluejay

Bluejay

Number of posts : 2415
Registration date : 2007-02-07

PostSubject: Re: This time we did get a new horse   This time we did get a new horse Icon_minitimeNovember 21st 2008, 9:53 pm

scratch UM, down sizing are we... lol! riding
Back to top Go down
http://www.itsmysite.com/bissellquarterhorses
reiningfan

reiningfan

PostSubject: Re: This time we did get a new horse   This time we did get a new horse Icon_minitimeNovember 22nd 2008, 2:08 am

Yup. Downsizing breeding stock. This one is a saddle horse. Doesn\'t count. Laughing
I\'ve still got 3 for sale. The rest are either our saddle horses or projects.
No more raising babies for a while. Not when we can go buy them so cheap.
I was at 27 last winter. Plus we had 5 foals born. We are at 15 now. Not too bad of a downsize. I guess we are just so used to having all the PMU horses that it is taking a while to get used to not needing so many.

Last edited by reiningfan on November 22nd 2008, 2:20 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Bucks&Blues

Bucks&Blues

Number of posts : 548
Registration date : 2007-02-10

PostSubject: Re: This time we did get a new horse   This time we did get a new horse Icon_minitimeNovember 22nd 2008, 2:15 am

reiningfan wrote:
No more raising babies for a while. Not when I can go buy them so cheap.

Amen to that! I have sworn off babies for now. I love them silly, but just dont see the point right now. Im sticking to finished horses for a while. You should check out some auctions down here. These babies are going for ridiculous cheap. Granted they arent the next World Halter Champ, but they arent gross either.
Back to top Go down
Bluejay

Bluejay

PostSubject: Re: This time we did get a new horse   This time we did get a new horse Icon_minitimeNovember 23rd 2008, 9:16 pm

That is a good down size. Still a lot of horses.. But, much better then where you were at. Hard to do isn't it.. ? Let them go I mean. Sad Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
reiningfan

reiningfan

PostSubject: Re: This time we did get a new horse   This time we did get a new horse Icon_minitimeNovember 25th 2008, 12:06 am

My problem is that I'm now down to mostly the ones we really want to keep. I have 2 mares and Gun that I wouldn't mind selling. We could get down to about 12 and I'd be happy. But then we'll have foals from Sandy & Freckles that we'll want to keep for 4-H Young Horse projects. Brennen is up to 6 horses right now, 2 weanlings, a yearling, a 2 year old, a 5 yr old bred mare and Tom, his 8 year old gelding who is for adverised for sale. He's had a few inquiries. Although if we don't sell him we wont be upset. All his young ones are in the 4-H projects.
If you look at it as Brennen has 6, Wade has 1, Taegan has 1, Sean has 1, some are jointly owned, then I don't really have so many Laughing
Back to top Go down
Bluejay

Bluejay

PostSubject: Re: This time we did get a new horse   This time we did get a new horse Icon_minitimeNovember 25th 2008, 11:46 am

lol! Ya but, your the mama and that means you are in charge.. lol! Dancing ily
Back to top Go down
reiningfan

reiningfan

PostSubject: Re: This time we did get a new horse   This time we did get a new horse Icon_minitimeNovember 25th 2008, 1:43 pm

Could you please tell my family that lol!

On a positive note, we now have someone who is very interested in Tom. Although the kids are freaking out about selling him.
Back to top Go down
Merikle Waters

Merikle Waters

Number of posts : 690

PostSubject: Re: This time we did get a new horse   This time we did get a new horse Icon_minitimeNovember 25th 2008, 5:55 pm

reiningfan wrote:
We have snow now, but not a whole lot of it. But it's freaking cold. The kids have a clinic tomorrow, but it sounds like the weather will be warmer.
Did you see the meteorite last night? We didn't, but people saw it East of us and it was seen as far as you. For the rest of you, it takes me 10 hours to drive from Brandi's place to home. That's a big distance to see a meteorite that lit up the sky.

wow, we have no snow and its been quite mild for alberta this year. They speculate that we won't even have snow by dec. 7th. However it worries me as the last time this happened, we had severe drought the following summer. Shocked

and yes I did see it! however its not the first I've seen. I can remember a chilly 3 am in springtime doing foal watch and just about pooping myself as everything got all lit up. For the longest time I thought it was simply a big falling star! Laughing

I have 14 head here right now, so don't feel all too bad! However I only own 9 of those Cool . 2 are babies I sold that are being boarded here for the winter, along with my moms "3" that I do everything with. Atleast I get to pass off buying a blanket to keep hair off her show colt a present to her! Laughing

I too am not planning to breed next season, I would like to focus on Manito (Milleniums's) and Tristans show careers. And with that, the AI we will be doing for the rediculous amount of outside mares we have booked will be plenty for me!
Back to top Go down
reiningfan

reiningfan

PostSubject: Re: This time we did get a new horse   This time we did get a new horse Icon_minitimeNovember 26th 2008, 10:33 am

A spring with no foal checks would be nice. I have a hard time falling asleep, so when I go out to the barn every two hours, I get crabby pretty darn quick. Last year Freckles waited till we turned her out in a small pen so I could strip her stall to have Robin. Usually she waits till we are around and she is in her stall. Brennen & I had to pick a soaking wet foal off the snow and carry her to her stall. Usually when she is in labor her flanks sweat and she gets up and down quite a few times. Not that time. She went to the waterer, had a drink, laid down and popped out her foal. I didn't even have time to get her up and back in the barn.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: This time we did get a new horse   This time we did get a new horse Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

This time we did get a new horse
Page 1 of 1