Equine Online
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Equine Online

Everything Horses

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Saying goodbye to Cisco.

Go down 
+4
7cedars
QHorse163
shazgeoff
Sip of Rum
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Sip of Rum

Sip of Rum

Number of posts : 565
Registration date : 2007-02-10

Saying goodbye to Cisco. Empty
PostSubject: Saying goodbye to Cisco.   Saying goodbye to Cisco. Icon_minitimeMay 12th 2007, 3:17 pm

Sad

My parents have officially made it so that I need to sell Cisco. They have made it clear they do not want to haul the horses down there and my mom thinks she knows everything from talking to two ppl. They told her it was SO hard on the horses to haul them down there and the climate change in the fall. So today we were trying to figure out how much Cisco is worth and all that. The people that I bought him REALLY REALLY want him back. Like they ask us every week if we will sell him again. But i'm jacking the price WAY up. I got him for extremely cheap and I don't know how much to sell him for really. My sister thinks $2500 but idk if he's worth that much here. I'm thinking maybe $2000 idk.

I really don't want to do this because I know how much more horses are down there and everything. I have worked so hard with Cisco to get him where he is to a point where he'll be good for showing and then to sell him back to Joni would be back to square one because I know she's not going to ride him and he'll be a pasture ornimant. pale

I don't know what I can tell my parents to change their minds. They don't want to make the $1000 trip to haul the horses down there with the trailer. They just want us to sell the horses and the trailer and get new ones. I don't think they get it. I'm sure Cisco will be for sale in July.
Back to top Go down
shazgeoff

shazgeoff

Number of posts : 850

PostSubject: Re: Saying goodbye to Cisco.   Saying goodbye to Cisco. Icon_minitimeMay 12th 2007, 3:31 pm

Thats so sad.Tell your parents i had a horse hauled from South Dakota - New York- Amsterdam-England.You dont have much more of a climate change than that and believe me your weather never gets damp like it does here and horses cope with it fine.They cope with the hauling to,even more so the ones that have been shown and know whats it all about.
Back to top Go down
QHorse163

QHorse163

Number of posts : 311
Registration date : 2007-02-12

PostSubject: Re: Saying goodbye to Cisco.   Saying goodbye to Cisco. Icon_minitimeMay 12th 2007, 4:17 pm

Sad I'm sorry to hear about your parents' decision. Maybe they will change their minds, there is still time. But sometimes there is just nothing you can do to change their minds. Sad

On the pricing issue, put it higher than you would actually take for him if someone made an offer. You can always negotiate down, but it's hard to increase it.

Without knowing about the horse market in your area, I think $2500 seems perfectly reasonable. He's a cute mover and you've taken him so far since you got him. Is he kid-safe? I think he is definitely worth at least $2500.

Again, I'm so sorry that you're parents won't let you take him with you. Sad But at least they will let you get horses again after you move. I know it won't be the same, but I'm positive that you will find another nice horse and bring him along just as well as you did with Cisco. I will be thinking of you, I know it's hard to sell one you've done so much with! And I'll keep my fingers crossed that maybe they will change their minds.
Back to top Go down
Sip of Rum

Sip of Rum

PostSubject: Re: Saying goodbye to Cisco.   Saying goodbye to Cisco. Icon_minitimeMay 12th 2007, 5:56 pm

Thanks a lot, both of you. Hopefully they will let me haul him down. If not I think it would be an adventure to just get another horse like i started with him, barely trained and do it myself again...I like it like that. I guess if I think about it that is a reasonable price, and even if it is a lot if someone pays that much for him I know they really do want him and he will go to a good home.
Back to top Go down
7cedars

Number of posts : 1667
Registration date : 2007-02-08

PostSubject: Re: Saying goodbye to Cisco.   Saying goodbye to Cisco. Icon_minitimeMay 12th 2007, 7:54 pm

Well, that's not good news. Maybe you need to start entering those photography contests real quick and get you some money to have your horse hauled down there.... it's a thought. Or maybe a quick job to pay for it yourself? Horses hauled all over the place from north to south to south to north. Heck, we got Jazz 2 weeks before Christmas in Iowa or Illinois... can't remember, but one of those I states... HA... and hauled her down to Texas... now you're talking about a drastic change in climate. They had snow on the ground and we had grass!

Shazegoff is the perfect example. I mean, how dramatic can you get from the states to England?

Somebody want to try and get a quote here and see what you're looking at. I'll chip in, to help you out!
Back to top Go down
Sip of Rum

Sip of Rum

PostSubject: Re: Saying goodbye to Cisco.   Saying goodbye to Cisco. Icon_minitimeMay 12th 2007, 10:49 pm

I'll be working for my dad all summer with stuff and I get paid either $7 or $8 an hour. Thats a lot if ya ask me. Anyways, any money I get does go towards the horses but its for, buying them, feed, clothes, etc. My parents are still talking about what we are going to do. I went out and rode tonight and the whole time my mind was thinking about it. I am sorta hoping that the price is to high for the lady i bought him from, I want him to go to a show home or somewhere where he will be ridden a lot. I am looking at it also in a good way that, what I like to do is get "not ready" horses and train them for what I want them for or whatnot, and that is what I did with Cisco. Now if we don't keep him I can get a new one worse than what Cisco was when I got him and work that horse up too. I guess we'll see what happens. I'm going to get my parents to make up their minds soon so that I can give the lady plenty of time to think about it and stuff. One thing is, the person that wants him can't have him until I get done showing, I need something to keep me busy this summer!
Back to top Go down
7cedars

Number of posts : 1667

PostSubject: Re: Saying goodbye to Cisco.   Saying goodbye to Cisco. Icon_minitimeMay 13th 2007, 12:04 am

Well, you keep us abreast of the situation, and I'm sure I speak for all of us... if there's anything we can do to help, let us know. We're here with you and will support you in your decision, whichever way.
Back to top Go down
Bluejay

Bluejay

Number of posts : 2415
Registration date : 2007-02-07

PostSubject: Re: Saying goodbye to Cisco.   Saying goodbye to Cisco. Icon_minitimeMay 13th 2007, 10:30 am

I am sorry Little Sip. Seems to be one of those several bad things about moving.. I moved all the time when I was a kid. My dad worked for the State hwy department and got transfered all the time.. We were lucky if we spent more then one year in a town until I was about 12 years old.. Had to start all over with friends and school. It was not easy. Crying or Very sad

It sounds like it was not easy for you parents to decide this.. And, it is a big change for the horses.. I think they would adapt though.. I do not kbnow how old you horses are? If they are well trained and anyone could ride them they should be worth at least what you want for them and maybe more.. A great horse that the whole family can enjoy is worth their weight in gold around here.. ily riding
Back to top Go down
http://www.itsmysite.com/bissellquarterhorses
Sip of Rum

Sip of Rum

PostSubject: Re: Saying goodbye to Cisco.   Saying goodbye to Cisco. Icon_minitimeMay 13th 2007, 12:40 pm

Thanks again guys.

Bluejay: Cisco is 6 and Austin is 13 i think. Austin anyone can ride and Cisco needs an intermediate-advanced probably. no beginners. He needs more work because if your in a field and you let loose, your done for. But he's good if you keep him busy working and stuff, that is why i want him to go to a show home.
Back to top Go down
Bluejay

Bluejay

PostSubject: Re: Saying goodbye to Cisco.   Saying goodbye to Cisco. Icon_minitimeMay 13th 2007, 9:33 pm

Since he has experience and is a bit of a challenge to ride you should not have any trouble finding him a show home. Many of the people that contact me looking to buy have become board with what they have and want something that will challenge them a little. riding
Back to top Go down
Sip of Rum

Sip of Rum

PostSubject: Re: Saying goodbye to Cisco.   Saying goodbye to Cisco. Icon_minitimeMay 13th 2007, 10:04 pm

sweet! Thats exactly why I decided maybe it is a little better to sell him instead of drag him with. What i want is to eventually be able to buy a baby and raise it up to a show horse..i'm just working my way there.
Back to top Go down
Triple J Quarter Horses

Triple J Quarter Horses

Number of posts : 2228

PostSubject: Re: Saying goodbye to Cisco.   Saying goodbye to Cisco. Icon_minitimeMay 14th 2007, 9:42 am

Of corse, Im not going against a parent here being one myself. But, I shippped a yearling in June from Kentucky to california. He did great.
Sold a 5 year old mare in foal from Kentucky to New York in August. From Kentucky to ID. Think about all the poeple that haul across the U.S. Showing, TB's chasing the race tracks, Folks chasing the show circuits. There has to be more to this then shipping maybe????

Look at it this way. Maybe 7 Ceders can come up with a Dandy for you if all else fails in the AZ Area. Just because its AZ. I visited my children in Glendale area. They had cheep horses listed there to. Just depending on what you were looking for.
Back to top Go down
Bluejay

Bluejay

PostSubject: Re: Saying goodbye to Cisco.   Saying goodbye to Cisco. Icon_minitimeMay 14th 2007, 11:37 am

Yearling is a good thought.. That is what the people who contacted me were looking for and the same reason you would be..

As Triple J said. Some horse travel all the time with no troubles.. And, they do it internationaly as well.

Since you will not have a set up for them. It will give you time to get one together. I myself do not care for boarding one out. I like to be on the same grounds as mine.. You never know when something may happen and what other people are doing when you are not around.. Plus, the worry about exposures to things that can make them sick.

You may get lucky and find a stable near by that you can work at and get your horse fix until you are ready to get your own.. And, I think you will find something perfect when the time comes and it likely is not going to cost you and arm and a leg.. It has been a buyers market for some time now and I expect it to stay that way.. The west coast if full of all kinds of horses and you will have many lines to choose from.. It will be tons of fun shopping for one.
Back to top Go down
Sip of Rum

Sip of Rum

PostSubject: Re: Saying goodbye to Cisco.   Saying goodbye to Cisco. Icon_minitimeMay 14th 2007, 5:26 pm

Last night I went out riding and my dad was watching me, *he watches a lot and knows how cisco is* my mom cares hardly at all and hasn't watched me ride for a whole year* anyways i just started crying, thinking about how far we've come together. I know he is going to make a great horse for somebody and they will definatly have a lot of laughs!

The other thing about the barns and stuff...ya we are getting a set up as soon as we get there I think, there is a stable right down the road that I posted in my other thread that I could work at...but like some others, I do not really want to board my horses anywhere. I think it will probably be the best for all if Cisco just stays here. It will be hard though.

Anyone have any input on a price for him? On a nice day, when one comes, I'll have my sister post some updated videos of him riding.
Back to top Go down
Bluejay

Bluejay

PostSubject: Re: Saying goodbye to Cisco.   Saying goodbye to Cisco. Icon_minitimeMay 14th 2007, 11:47 pm

I would research equine.com and dream horse for horses for sale in your area.. Look at the accomplishments, ages, breeding and price and go from there. Also, look a how long the adds have been on. That will tell you if they are moving at what ever price. You can check out the sold adds as well and see what they were asking.. Does not mean they got it.

I would start this now so you have time to work with. Remember your photo is what is going to get someones attention 1st.. Make sure they are good ones.. That will be no problem for you.. You are selling a rider so I would get an awesome shot under saddle coffee

I normaly go a little high so I can come down and meet somewhere in the middle that is fare for me and the buyer.. Also, a good home is the most important thing to me. I will come down even more if I feel the home is perfect. If you can go check it out that is even better. afro

People will tell you what ever they think you want to hear.. Also, I want mine to go to one place and not get passed around from home to home.. I would rather give a horse away to a forever, good home then sell it to the wrong person. Do not take what people say to you as gossple. Ask the hard questions. I have no problem interviewing a perspective buyer.. You want your horse and who ever buys him to be happy together.. ily

This will take some time so I would get on it right now.. Do your research and set your price.. I will do some looking myself and see what is happening in your area.. I personally think $2500.00 is too low.. But, I am not familure with what is going on near you.. Is he finished for an intermediate rider to get in the show pen on?
Question

He also needs to be in top shape to help you get the higher dollar out of. Coat and all.. mbs If you plan to market him as a show horse he needs to be clipped and ready to go.. I have a friend who even bands her horses to show them to possible buyers. Do not be disapointed if people do not show up. I have wasted more days for people who do not even have the manners to say they were not coming.. booty

Try to sound and be professional when callers get in touch about him. Check your email several times a day and have recent and good photos ready to go before you even put your add on. More pics will be the first thing they want. You need to be honest to a point. You do not have to tell people about every little bad habit he has. The important ones you need to let people know. The fact that he farts way too much is not important.. Always highlight his fine points. You will get inquiries that tell you their 7 year old daughter wants this horse and she has been riding since she was in diapers might be a good time to talk about the control the horse needs.. YES, YOU WILL GET THIS.. cheers2

People do not always read you add.. type
.. plan to put some thought and time in to it. I had a girl email me about a yearling I had and wanted to see him under saddle. I get these all the time. Mine are mostly young horses and not broke to ride. The riders are WAY CRAZIER then the young uns..
I love you

To save time and money you may be able to do a youtube video so you do not have to send one. Many people want this and never get back to you on them.. This is a good way to say "go here and watch it" without having to do all the other stuff..

Well, that should get you started.. lol! yes it wil be a job..
Back to top Go down
stockman

stockman

Number of posts : 356

PostSubject: Re: Saying goodbye to Cisco.   Saying goodbye to Cisco. Icon_minitimeMay 15th 2007, 12:10 am

Well, if you are going to sell it is definitely the best time of year to sell! Just get Cisco in shape. I can't believe how many crazy horses my daughter and I went out to see that were advertised as seasoned show horses! Get him looking and riding his best and advertise at the shows and on Dreamhorse or equine.com. I see the prices at their highest this time of year so ask a little high and be prepared to deal. He is young with lots of potential and you should have notrouble selling! Good luck. I know you will miss him but then again it's always exciting to get a new horse!
Back to top Go down
All Hot Chocolate

Number of posts : 69
Registration date : 2007-02-26

PostSubject: Re: Saying goodbye to Cisco.   Saying goodbye to Cisco. Icon_minitimeMay 15th 2007, 2:36 pm

OH sara! I am so sorry for you. I know how parents can be, sometimes you just want to shake 'em! haha.

As for prices, I too think 2500 is too low. I have seen many pics of him, and a video or too, and i would go mroe in the 3000 range. from the shows you have been to, you have always cleaned up! also, you can always come down when some one is interested, but you can't go up.

If you do have to sell him, make sure you mention EVERYTHING. when we sold davie, we put him down for just about everything. many of the open shows have "jackpot" classes, and we won about 100$ once, so we listed him as a money earner. i mean, we did earn the money, and it didn't say it had to be some fancy NSBA or something....

Your in my prayers!

Jordan
Back to top Go down
Sip of Rum

Sip of Rum

PostSubject: Re: Saying goodbye to Cisco.   Saying goodbye to Cisco. Icon_minitimeMay 15th 2007, 4:54 pm

Holy crap! Wow, am i going to be prepared now! lol

Ok, since all you freakin awsome horsey ppl say I should raise the price, I'm going to. I mean, my friends have boughten 10,000 horses and they aren't even that great, so I'm sure Cisco can be put up for $3000, hopefully that will steer the old owners away. He is ready for an intermediate in the show pen, but he needs to be finished more, I'm going to have to do some intense training and conditioning. I would LOVE to show him at the county fair but if someone in interested before that or sees him at a show before that and want him before, i'm going to have to let go. I for sure probably would not sell him to anyone under the age of 13, you need to be strong for this baby! haha.

Do you think if I go with my plans and get him started in games that will help too? He is very quick mover, when it comes to wanting him to go fast, and he can slow down to pleasure speed in an instant. I also know he could probably have a good future in cutting.

This weekend, I'll write up everything about him and show you guys so I know what to/and not to, tell anyone interested. I'm also going to send a letter to his previous owner letting her know that he is going to be for sale for $3000, because she has first choice. If anyone has ideas about what I should say to her you can pm me so this doesn't get too long. I need to let her know why the price has jumped so much since when I bought him because she doesn't understand this showing stuff, she just does trail riding, and she needs to understand he's this much because he SHOULD be going to a show home.
Back to top Go down
Sip of Rum

Sip of Rum

PostSubject: Re: Saying goodbye to Cisco.   Saying goodbye to Cisco. Icon_minitimeMay 17th 2007, 11:32 pm

My farrier was talking to my sister about this family that we already knew about that wanted a horse for their kids.. They're comming out to look at Austin on Saturday!
Back to top Go down
Sip of Rum

Sip of Rum

PostSubject: Re: Saying goodbye to Cisco.   Saying goodbye to Cisco. Icon_minitimeMay 28th 2007, 5:57 pm

Update here....

Ok, so everyone knows Joni isn't buying Cisco. So he is for sale. One of the older (like 20) of the girls in this family I know asked about him, and I told her I wanted him until after the fair, and shes like yah i can see that. If any of the ppl in that family wanted him I would sell him to them in a HEARTBEAT. They take SUCH great care of their horses and show them and everything. ummm I told my dad I came up with the greatest idea ever because he is looking for a small cargo trailer to haul our things down to AZ in. I said, here's what we do. We load up the front end of the horses trailer full of things we need to bring like boxes and such and haul Cisco in the back!!! He's like, hmmm not a bad idea! SOOOO MAYBE if I don't sell him he can come with. But then again, we're talking about moving him from here to there in August...
Back to top Go down
Bluejay

Bluejay

PostSubject: Re: Saying goodbye to Cisco.   Saying goodbye to Cisco. Icon_minitimeMay 28th 2007, 9:53 pm

Little Sip, horses travel all over the world in the summer. You just take care on the road.. That is all. We use our stock trailer to haul all kinds of stuff. Funiture, hay, cement etc.. COWS.. lol! I will not let my husband put cows in my Sooner.. lol! HE would not give up his stock trailer for nothing.. He says he can haul anything in it including horse.. nana cheers2 yeah
Back to top Go down
Sip of Rum

Sip of Rum

PostSubject: Re: Saying goodbye to Cisco.   Saying goodbye to Cisco. Icon_minitimeMay 29th 2007, 12:35 am

Well if he isn't sold then I think that's what we're doing! Except I would have to board when I get down there!

OOOOO and Cisco has a really FREE add on Equine (you know what those are liek :S) ANNDDD we've had a nibble! lol We'll see..haven't gotten much info from them and we'll see what they say after seeing some pics.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Saying goodbye to Cisco.   Saying goodbye to Cisco. Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Saying goodbye to Cisco.
Page 1 of 1