Equine Online
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Equine Online

Everything Horses

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Rode Cisco yesterday!!

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Sip of Rum

Sip of Rum

Number of posts : 565
Registration date : 2007-02-10

Rode Cisco yesterday!! Empty
PostSubject: Rode Cisco yesterday!!   Rode Cisco yesterday!! Icon_minitimeJuly 22nd 2008, 7:45 pm

Yesterday was the first day of the county fair in Roseau, Minnesota and the little girl that bought Cisco was in it. She asked me to go to her show a couple weeks beforehand. I drove over an hour and went and saw her and found out she was actually riding Cisco the next day (today) and riding her moms horse (Jack) that day. Oh well, i still got to watch her ride and see Cisco.

When she was done we went for a ride in the field and I got to ride Cisco...omg he needs to come back to my house. He is not responsive at all. They aren't using spurs anymore and you have to do everything you can to get him moving. i think he thinks he can take advantage of that little girl. They said they would send him to a trainer but the little girl said no way she wants to train him herself. She is an AMAZING rider for a 12 year old and knows a lot of stuff. She does groundwork with him everyday but i think he needs a stronger rider. I wish our pastures and arenas were set up, i'd be glad to have him back for 2-4 weeks and just get him goin again, maybe have her stay with me a few days and help her out alittle. It was nice to see him again though, he's doing great otherwise and seems happy Smile
Back to top Go down
Triple J Quarter Horses

Triple J Quarter Horses

Number of posts : 2228
Registration date : 2007-02-08

PostSubject: Re: Rode Cisco yesterday!!   Rode Cisco yesterday!! Icon_minitimeJuly 23rd 2008, 12:30 am

Well, thats wonderful, Girl get those fences back up, get that barn cleaned out, and get a horse! Suspect

PS Tell Grandpa and Daddy, they will make it happen! tongue
Back to top Go down
reiningfan

reiningfan

Number of posts : 699
Registration date : 2007-02-13

PostSubject: Re: Rode Cisco yesterday!!   Rode Cisco yesterday!! Icon_minitimeJuly 23rd 2008, 11:31 am

It's great that he found such a good home. Not many new buyers appreciate the old owners around. The unresponsivness is common in horses ridden by kids. Horses are smart enough to learn that they can't make them do things, so they simply don't.
Get your fences up and get that kid out there and working with you. She'll thank you for it. Cisco may be p.o.'d that he has to work again Smile
Back to top Go down
Sip of Rum

Sip of Rum

Number of posts : 565
Registration date : 2007-02-10

PostSubject: Re: Rode Cisco yesterday!!   Rode Cisco yesterday!! Icon_minitimeJuly 23rd 2008, 3:08 pm

yes i am very thankful, she talks to me all the time and she wants me to come ride with her a lot. I don't have the money right now to do all that, but i start my job on monday Smile Dad said theres to much with moving in to start getting everything up at this moment.
Back to top Go down
Bluejay

Bluejay

Number of posts : 2415
Registration date : 2007-02-07

PostSubject: Re: Rode Cisco yesterday!!   Rode Cisco yesterday!! Icon_minitimeJuly 24th 2008, 8:57 pm

cheers Sounds like full circle here.. riding ily
Back to top Go down
http://www.itsmysite.com/bissellquarterhorses
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Rode Cisco yesterday!!   Rode Cisco yesterday!! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Rode Cisco yesterday!!
Page 1 of 1