Equine Online
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Equine Online

Everything Horses

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

goodbye

Go down 
+7
shazgeoff
Mare
Bluejay
7cedars
Triple J Quarter Horses
reiningfan
SilverBuckleHorses
11 posters
AuthorMessage
SilverBuckleHorses

SilverBuckleHorses

Number of posts : 636
Registration date : 2007-02-08

goodbye Empty
PostSubject: goodbye   goodbye Icon_minitimeMay 29th 2008, 11:57 am

More and more lately I feel like every time I post something on this forum that I immediately get a smack on the hand and a "You're wrong, I'm right, I'm older so I know more." speech from some of you. Well, I don't think this type of environment is doing me any good as far as learning goes, because the way information is put out there is just flat out rude sometimes. I don't think I've ever been disrespectful to anyone on this forum unless they had it coming, but I'm tired of being treated like crap just because I'm a "kid" and I apparently don't know anything.

I've never said anything bad about anyone's horses to them or behind their backs and I've sure never set here and told someone their horse just "isn't (fill in the blank) material". Kinda funny when you think about it, I may go to shows and I may win and there are those shows where I come in dead last, but I still GO. I bet half of the people on here who "know it all" couldn't even tell me the last time they did anything with their horses was.

I'm just tired of hearing this crap from the ones who are saying it, and there are plenty of other people to talk to about horses who are actually willing to give AND get advice, like in the real world, off of this computer, where people actually spend more time with their horses than on here. It's really unfortunate that this has become such an unwelcoming place for me to be in, I actually thought this forum was going to be a little different because it was a "select" group of people, funny thing is, it's become just like the other forums.

So, I know this is probably going to start a "lets bash SilverBuckle today!" post, but ya know what? I don't care. I know it's done behind my back anyways. So I hope you all enjoy your lives with your worthy horses who never leave your barns to show, because at the end of the day, we all know it has nothing to do with politcs, as far as why you don't show. You don't show because you know you will lose to a better horse...
Back to top Go down
http://www.silverbucklehorses.cjb.net
reiningfan

reiningfan

Number of posts : 699
Registration date : 2007-02-13

goodbye Empty
PostSubject: Re: goodbye   goodbye Icon_minitimeMay 29th 2008, 12:03 pm

I'll be sorry to see you go. Young people like you who do so much are great for the industry. I have used you as an example to Brennen as to what he can accomplish with some hard work.
Ultimately, the decision to leave is yours and yours alone, so though I'd really like you to stay, I will wish you well in all your endevours. I'm gonna pm you with my e-mail, cause if you do come up here to show, I want to meet you. Good luck with your bay colt from Little's.
Back to top Go down
Triple J Quarter Horses

Triple J Quarter Horses

Number of posts : 2228

goodbye Empty
PostSubject: Re: goodbye   goodbye Icon_minitimeMay 29th 2008, 12:36 pm

Well Shoot! Dont take so much to heart. Its all our experiences, and knowledge.
Hey, I can tell you I took a showmenship lesson on Tuesday night! Does that count! Very Happy We wont talk about how it went with Secret Ok?? affraid
Hate to see you feel this way. Good luck in the show ring. Im going Saturday myself. No Not halter this time.. Back to preformance..
WHERES MY HALTER HORSE! affraid
Back to top Go down
7cedars

Number of posts : 1667

goodbye Empty
PostSubject: Re: goodbye   goodbye Icon_minitimeMay 29th 2008, 12:46 pm

You know, all I can say, Silverbuckles, is this. One day, you're going to grow up, and you're going to see someone like yourself and think back....you'll laugh, and we'll laugh with you.
Back to top Go down
Bluejay

Bluejay

Number of posts : 2415
Registration date : 2007-02-07

goodbye Empty
PostSubject: Re: goodbye   goodbye Icon_minitimeMay 29th 2008, 12:49 pm

This thread is so TARA.. Because some one does not agree with you they are wrong? HUM, very imatature. Maybe you should try not thinking everything is about you and going on the defense when someone disagrees with you or says they would do something different. scratch You contradicted yourself in what you say about others on this forum. Maybe it's OK for you to behave this way and not others Embarassed

You posted a big hoop ha about how a judge hated you and placed you last at the last show you were at.. You even mouthed off to the judge. Rolling Eyes So, did you have the best horse or did politics get ya that time? Bad sportsmanship. If you believe what you said here then you had the worst horse in the ring. I am betting you do not feel that way at all. scratch

You also posted that you and your boy friend broke up, the people you are taking your CNA class do not like you.. Is it possible you may have something to do with this Question You might stop for just a moment and think about what is going on with you that you feel this way and seem to not be getting along with others.. You are a bright young woman. You still have a lot to learn just like us old ladies. You may just take a minute and figure yourself out. We all have times when we are down and feel this way. Seems no one likes us and everything we do is wrong. pale

Some of us being older has nothing to do with this. You want to be right all the time and that is not possible.. No one is right all the time. When you get to a point in your life that you think you know everything you are in big trouble. affraid

This is not a bash on you. Just the truth. Seems you are down and out with yourself and need to just sit back for a minute and think about what is going on. I will not baby you through this and hope that what ever is really bothering you comes forward so you can deal with it. We are all just people who get together in this space and talk about horses.. Many of us have never met and really do not know each other at all. We all just need someone to talk to now and then so we do it here.. type
Back to top Go down
http://www.itsmysite.com/bissellquarterhorses
SilverBuckleHorses

SilverBuckleHorses

Number of posts : 636

goodbye Empty
PostSubject: Re: goodbye   goodbye Icon_minitimeMay 29th 2008, 1:46 pm

actually bluejay, that show had nothing to do with polotics. it had to do with showing quarter horses under a judge who did not like quarter horses. I learned my lesson and wont show under her again. as far as my relationship with Tyler goes, i broke off our engagement, he didn't. I know i am too young to get married because I dont even know myself that well. I didn't want to jeapordize my future and someone elses just for the sake of getting married. The school thing, I got an apology from the teacher for being treated unfairly. She openly admitted to me that she took out her frustration with another student out on me. She was bothered because one of the students in the class was muslim and he was a friend of mine. She also had to appologie to him and hr behavoir was reported to the state. so yeah, i dont get along with anyone because i am a bad person. ok. sure. as far as me always wanting to be right goes, when I know I am right about an actual fact is the only time I get irritated when im told im wrong. Like the sickle hocked thing, m in yuma right now, but when I get home, Ill scan a page out of my anatomy and physiology book to show you where im getting my info from, if you still think youre right after that, ill send you the contact info of the publishing company. They should know theyre wrong, especially since they are a leading force of veterinary manuals.
Back to top Go down
http://www.silverbucklehorses.cjb.net
Triple J Quarter Horses

Triple J Quarter Horses

Number of posts : 2228

goodbye Empty
PostSubject: Re: goodbye   goodbye Icon_minitimeMay 29th 2008, 1:58 pm

Quote :
This thread is so TARA.. Because some one does not agree with you they are wrong? HUM
Laughing Laughing Laughing

Im sorry, I just Laughing

As far as folks talking about you. Not that I'm aware of.
Im yet to find the perfect horse. Ive had some that won alot, but it is just a judges point of view, and when you show AQHA / Breed shows, alot of time its double judged or more, and you get all sorts of placings. And yes, politics come into play alot. More so in in Open I think. Unless the trainer is brushing the horses tail right before they go in, so the judge can see who the trainer is.. I feel like saying, Hey how much does it cost to have you brush my horses trail scratch

My Dad told me once, you should be born with all your wisdom. Then when your older, you'll have enough money to act young.
Sickle Hocked is also a way of Traveling. I understand what Bluejay is saying. However, the bone structure does cause this problem to cause the travel issue. scratch Hope Im saying that right. Heck, I saw a horse the other day and for the life of me, I could not remeber what you would call the problem. It was coon footed.. Sr. Moment! No

Last edited by Triple J Quarter Horses on May 29th 2008, 2:48 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Mare

Mare

Number of posts : 522
Registration date : 2007-04-16

goodbye Empty
PostSubject: Re: goodbye   goodbye Icon_minitimeMay 29th 2008, 1:59 pm

I really hate to see you go. Your never gonna find a forum that people dont disagree. I dont really care what people think of my horses, they are mine and I'm the one that pays the feed bill.
I wish you the Best in school and showing. But I really think you otta stick around. You do give alot of good advice. But its your choice and you will be missed.
Back to top Go down
Bluejay

Bluejay

goodbye Empty
PostSubject: Re: goodbye   goodbye Icon_minitimeMay 29th 2008, 2:18 pm

Like I said.. Has to be right.. Laughing This is not a contest. You cannot tell by those pictures of that horse. And sickle hock and camped look the same from the side.. You have to look from the back to know for sure.. And, the horse has to be set correctly by someone who knows how to set them. I would not diagnose that when I did not know all the facts. study

By the way, most judges judge many different breeds. Those who make a living would not do very well if they only judge one breed of horse.. If you get PO'd ever time you loose you are not going to have much fun at it.. I always feel good when my horse does well even if they do not place. I am happy with that. Dancing
Back to top Go down
shazgeoff

shazgeoff

Number of posts : 850
Registration date : 2007-02-10

goodbye Empty
PostSubject: Re: goodbye   goodbye Icon_minitimeMay 29th 2008, 2:55 pm

Crying or Very sad Dont go Silverbuckle.
Ive listened to lots of your advice,youve been helpful , you all have i appreciate other opinions.Especailly as i may have missed something and you guys pick it up. Your all great cheers cheers
Back to top Go down
SuperLope

SuperLope

Number of posts : 300

goodbye Empty
PostSubject: Re: goodbye   goodbye Icon_minitimeMay 29th 2008, 5:50 pm

I haven't been around much so I can't say I have any first hand experience with the problems (used loosely) that have been happening.

I hope for you silverbuckle that your life is great whether you decide to stay here or not!

I just don't understand how a pair of sickle hocks (or not) can cause so many problems (not physical lol). But I can be over simplifying, as I mentioned I don't know exactly what is going on.

Good Luck SilverBuckle if you do decide to leave.
Back to top Go down
d lux show horses

d lux show horses

Number of posts : 36
Registration date : 2007-12-28

goodbye Empty
PostSubject: Re: goodbye   goodbye Icon_minitimeMay 30th 2008, 8:57 am

Girl.. Let me just let you know if you didnt realize it by now that horse people are the most opinionated! That is just the way it is.. I am on another forum and geez they kind of bashed me.. But let me tell you I think it was kinda of funny.. I never take it to heart.. We are on a computer. Most people really wouldnt say that to your face that is why I like it. I get more honesty on these forums.. Just dont let one comment hurt your feelings or an opinion. Trust me this forums are an addiction.. LOL. You will be back! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://www.hezadlux.com
Bluejay

Bluejay

goodbye Empty
PostSubject: Re: goodbye   goodbye Icon_minitimeMay 30th 2008, 10:46 am

DE Lux this is true. And when you are on a computer and just reading something someone wrote with no face to face contact you can easliy take things the wrong way. Who cares if people are talking about you? All people do that young and old. Just the way humans are. Rolling Eyes

If I was going to leave a forum I would not start a thread on it. I would just leave. And, when I get upset about something I try to take some time to think about it before I respond to it. I have read a few things on here and gone back the next day and re read it. Wasn't what I thought it said at all. Sure glad I did not shoot off my mouth about it and make a fool of myself. study Not saying that I do not make a fool of myself sometimes.. I know I do.. Just like all of us humans.. I try to just go past it and use my head so I do not do it again.. Course, it will happen again. Embarassed

I certainly do not claim to know it all. I try to respond with my experience only. If I have not gone through it my self then I really should not pretend I know it all. That is the best part about getting others opinions. I would hope that the ones giving them have personal experience with the topic. If they do not then they should say that upfront and suggest what they might do. scratch

Some of the younger people write on here as if they know it all. Some of the older people do get aggressive about it.. This is just the way life is and we should all learn something by it.. study coffee

I am not talking about SB. I am refering to several people. I guess if the shoe fits wear it.. Same thing goes for me.. doggie
Back to top Go down
Merikle Waters

Merikle Waters

Number of posts : 690

goodbye Empty
PostSubject: Re: goodbye   goodbye Icon_minitimeMay 30th 2008, 3:15 pm

It is very sad to see you go SB... Good luck with your showing, and I hope everything works out for your and scotchie! Very Happy

But when it comes down to things.... you really gotta take it with a grain of salt. On past occaisions, after being bashed.. It travelled all the way from the computer and into my real life. Immediatly I knew I needed to either sh*t or get off the pot, as in let it intrude into my real life... or just let it go.

Its kind of like color genetics... Something I know a lot about. Some do not agree with it, however, i try my best to "not get my panties in a bunch" when explaining why I have the opinion I have. And I really try to leave it at that.

As to the "your just a kid and don't know anything"... At this age... its a given. If you are well aware of your knowledge...you will learn to not let this bug you. You know what you know, and be comfortable in that! Dont allow others to make you feel as if you know nothing, just smile, nod and walk away. The only time it bugs me personally is when someone who doesnt know *anything* about horses says it to me... lol then I go off on a little horsey tangent,.. and its all good.

And when it comes to horse people... d lux show horses is very right... we are all opinionated... which is fine! We're all entitled to our own opinions... whether or not they are right!!!! Very Happy Just because you've been in horses for fourty years does not mean your always right, and just because you've been in horses only 3 years does not mean your always wrong, and vice versa. Be comfortable in your knowledge, and someone saying your wrong wont bother you so much! However, you can listen to what others with tons of experience have to say... dont need to try it or use it, but usually if you investigate... you'll learn something either way.

I also noticed (in referance to my previous issues) that a lot of it is in the "tone" you write it... In real life.. tone is everything, and on here it really is no different. Some people's writing styles come across crabby or short tempered. But usually it is not the way they intend it to be.

I think everyone could use some time in their day to re-read what they are writing... and read it outloud... see how the tone is before posting. I know I edit lots to ensure I dont come across with a poor tone.

ok... lol thats just my opinion! Very Happy Take it or leave it, its there to read. Cool

Again, we wish you would stay, but if you feel you have to go. Best wishes!
Back to top Go down
Bluejay

Bluejay

goodbye Empty
PostSubject: Re: goodbye   goodbye Icon_minitimeMay 30th 2008, 9:11 pm

Merikle, well written and so true.. Just the fact that we all have different interests in what we like in a horse or do with them does not mean the other person is not doing things right. I have read many of your color things.. One thing I know is those genetics should work but do not always come out that way.. Just as everthing else in life. This is what makes life so interesting. ily

I cannot stand to watch a pleasure class. I think the way people ride today in those classes makes the horse look lame and depressed and the riders look like robots.. That is the style. I do not like to even watch it let alone want to ride a horse like that.. It's just as boring as watching paint dry or a halter class.. lol! When I used to ride they wanted the horse to look like it was going somewhere.. Steppen out.. Still needed to be on the right lead. We all know halter is not about confirmation and never has been. Just read the Legend books and look at those crooked legged halter champions.. Those horses and people are legends.. Basketball All about opinion and we all have one. coffee

You really do have to take things with a grain of salt. Take in what sounds good and toss out the rest. I have listened to so many people over the years and learned so much from them. I was totally clueless when I got into this. And, things have changed so much over the years in how we do things.. This is true in all areas of life. Not just here. Surprised
Back to top Go down
Kate and Paint

Number of posts : 197

goodbye Empty
PostSubject: Re: goodbye   goodbye Icon_minitimeJune 1st 2008, 7:02 pm

Oh geez... no again...

SB I have enjoyed having you on the forum. You really dont have to leave.

Most of this is about opinions and I know I'm just repeating what every other person has allready stated but not everyone is going to agree with you... trust me I know.

Just dont feel like you HAVE to leave...
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/all_texas_cowgirl
Sponsored content

goodbye Empty
PostSubject: Re: goodbye   goodbye Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

goodbye
Page 1 of 1