Equine Online
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Equine Online

Everything Horses

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

SAying goodbye to Reesie

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
denibun

Number of posts : 638
Registration date : 2007-02-08

SAying goodbye to Reesie Empty
PostSubject: SAying goodbye to Reesie   SAying goodbye to Reesie Icon_minitimeMarch 30th 2007, 2:31 pm

Some of you may remember my old, blind, arthritic gelding that I contemplated having euthanized at the beginning of the winter. WEll, he made it through the winter, but he has just started dropping weight again. He is stiff, but not too bad, but he looks awful. He also doesn't see much and he has gotten into the habit of running to and from his stall at feeding time. I'm glad he feels well enough to do it, but he's gonna end up hurting somebody or himself. As far as his weight goes, he stayed steady over the winter, but the past couple of weeks he has started to drop off again. Anyway, after alot of discussion, our vet is coming out Sunday after church to put him down. We've had him for 8 years. I will really miss the old boy, but I think it's the best thing.
Back to top Go down
PHENOMADACIOUS

PHENOMADACIOUS

Number of posts : 424

PostSubject: Re: SAying goodbye to Reesie   SAying goodbye to Reesie Icon_minitimeMarch 30th 2007, 2:46 pm

I'm sorry to hear this, but he's lucky to have a family like you Sad
Back to top Go down
denibun

Number of posts : 638

PostSubject: Re: SAying goodbye to Reesie   SAying goodbye to Reesie Icon_minitimeMarch 30th 2007, 2:55 pm

Thanks. It's gonna be really hard for my kids since he's been around for so long. I hate it, but I know it is the right thing to do at this point.
Back to top Go down
Kate and Paint

Number of posts : 197

PostSubject: Re: SAying goodbye to Reesie   SAying goodbye to Reesie Icon_minitimeMarch 30th 2007, 10:30 pm

awwww. Im sorry about you horse Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Sad But, its good not to push him. It would be too painful to let him continue. Its hard to lose them, but at least they arent in pain. Sad
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/all_texas_cowgirl
Kate and Paint

Number of posts : 197

PostSubject: Re: SAying goodbye to Reesie   SAying goodbye to Reesie Icon_minitimeMarch 30th 2007, 10:31 pm

awwww. Im sorry about you horse Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Sad But, its good not to push him. It would be too painful to let him continue. Its hard to lose them, but at least they arent in pain. Sad
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/all_texas_cowgirl
QHorse163

QHorse163

Number of posts : 311
Registration date : 2007-02-12

PostSubject: Re: SAying goodbye to Reesie   SAying goodbye to Reesie Icon_minitimeMarch 30th 2007, 11:26 pm

Poor guy. Sad So sorry you have to go through this. You and your family will be in my thoughts. I can't imagine how it must feel. At least you know he will be more comfortable where he is going. Hugs!
Back to top Go down
Cindy

Cindy

Number of posts : 871
Registration date : 2007-02-07

PostSubject: Re: SAying goodbye to Reesie   SAying goodbye to Reesie Icon_minitimeMarch 31st 2007, 12:24 am

I'm so sorry! Bless you guys! I'll keep you in my thoughts and prayers.
Back to top Go down
http://www.rockin911.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: SAying goodbye to Reesie   SAying goodbye to Reesie Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

SAying goodbye to Reesie
Page 1 of 1