Equine Online
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Equine Online

Everything Horses

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Halter crosses...

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Bucks&Blues

Bucks&Blues

Number of posts : 548
Registration date : 2007-02-10

Halter crosses... Empty
PostSubject: Halter crosses...   Halter crosses... Icon_minitimeApril 16th 2007, 3:09 am

Has any one ever seen what a Coolest daughter and Kids Classic Style cross has thrown?

What about a double bred Skipper W mare and a Statutory cross?

And last but not least a double bred Skipper W mare again and a Titanic Uno cross?

Just curious...looking at a few mares that are bred back for 2008.
Back to top Go down
7cedars

Number of posts : 1667
Registration date : 2007-02-08

Halter crosses... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Halter crosses...   Halter crosses... Icon_minitimeApril 16th 2007, 8:26 am

I can tell you on some. First off, don't look at the top side, look more on the bottom side. On the Coolest, that's what my mare is, and notice all the Skipper W on Coolest. I know the cross is phenomenal with my mare and Kid. Cool's bottom side is straight doublebred Skipper W, and so is Kid's... an awesome cross! Coolest is an awesome mare producer. Will Woods, who's up in Sulphur Springs, used to own Tardee Impressive, has an own son out of him, and he's a freaking monster. Looks the typical Coolest - I'll be interested to see what he'll throw on some top notch mares.

If you've got a mare that's got Skipper W on the bottom bred back to Statutory, ought to be an awesome baby.

Was it Kid's Classic Style or Dun Beyond Reality that won the world that year - I always get those two confused! Whichever the one was that won the world, oh, five-six years ago, he looks like 3 different horses, and I haven't seen any really good crosses on him, but if you stick Skipper W in there, especially Skippa Star on the bottom, that might be something to look at.

My experience so far with Skipper W, and this is just from Kid, they throw a lot more fineesse, better the head and ears, add a bit more bulk on something that isn't, but that's coming from the stud's side, and it doesn't matter what type of mare he's bred to. With Cool, I think it wouldn't matter who I crossed her to, she'd throw an awesome baby. But that's a Coolest daughter/doublebred Skipper W on the bottom.

When Kid and Cool's babies hit the ground, you're looking at almost 60% Skipper W.

I have absolutely no idea who Titanic Uno is.

Confused you even more, huh! HA! Truthfully, I think I'd have to look at the mare, and even then when I look at a mare, I look at how she'd cross with Kid, not so much another stud.
Back to top Go down
Bucks&Blues

Bucks&Blues

Halter crosses... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Halter crosses...   Halter crosses... Icon_minitimeApril 18th 2007, 3:28 pm

Titanic Uno is a palomino, hes actually a palomino overo, with very little white. Ive always seen him in the journal, but lately not so much, or at all for that matter.

If I had a scanner, I would load his ad from the journal. I just like him, for some odd reason...
Back to top Go down
lovetoshow

Number of posts : 57
Registration date : 2007-02-12

Halter crosses... Empty
PostSubject: Breeding   Halter crosses... Icon_minitimeApril 18th 2007, 5:56 pm

I have a mare out of Obviously in Command /Obviously Conclusion ( top)
and Tardee Impressive on bottom n/n and in foal for 08 to Te Coolest
we hope the last time I checked we are checking again an April 24th I would love to have a crystal ball ,to see what I could see ...................
Back to top Go down
Bucks&Blues

Bucks&Blues

Halter crosses... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Halter crosses...   Halter crosses... Icon_minitimeApril 18th 2007, 6:13 pm

Thats the truth! If I had a magical crystal ball, Id be running all over the country, looking at horses. And asking it what would these two throw, or these other two, or what would come of this pair.
Back to top Go down
lovetoshow

Halter crosses... Empty
PostSubject: Breeding   Halter crosses... Icon_minitimeApril 18th 2007, 6:20 pm

I will tell you this I have enough money in breeding that I could have picked my baby color,sex,markings etc I don't think this is for the light of heart or pocket book .................
Back to top Go down
Bucks&Blues

Bucks&Blues

Halter crosses... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Halter crosses...   Halter crosses... Icon_minitimeApril 18th 2007, 7:26 pm

Horses in general are not for the light pocketbooks! I dont mind it, cause what else would I be spending it on? Probably.....hmmmm, its been so long, I dont even remember!
Back to top Go down
lovetoshow

Halter crosses... Empty
PostSubject: Know what you mean   Halter crosses... Icon_minitimeApril 18th 2007, 8:06 pm

well I don't drink gamble smoke not really a clothes shopper as a matter a fact I don't like to shop at all I feed 8 and pay for training for 1 so at times it can get pretty steep had semen flown in last month 300.00 had a mare infused for 5 days before semen 825.00 day semen gets here 150.00 trying to figure out what Im having if Im having priceless ...........vet will be out 4/24 to preg check her again she likes to absorb so I hope she is still in foal bred on feb 21st for a January baby so keep you fingers crossed .............
Back to top Go down
Bucks&Blues

Bucks&Blues

Halter crosses... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Halter crosses...   Halter crosses... Icon_minitimeApril 19th 2007, 1:07 am

Hopefully she checks in foal! I love to see pictures of babies! But, thats a whole year from now....Im not a good waiter!
Back to top Go down
7cedars

Number of posts : 1667
Registration date : 2007-02-08

Halter crosses... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Halter crosses...   Halter crosses... Icon_minitimeApril 19th 2007, 8:50 am

B&B, that's why I didn't know Titanic Uno, is because he's a paint. Not to burst your bubble, but be real careful on the paint stuff... that market is absolutely horrible - worse than the quarters. And if you get a breeding stock, you're pretty much uh... hope Cindy lets me say this... screwed! Even if it's double-registered. Just be real careful in dealing with the paints. Just don't want you to end up going through the mess I did.

With paints, by gosh, they better be a doer, amass massive points, be double registered or triple registered, and both dam and sire best have done something big, or you'll have the dickens getting rid of the babies, especially in the halter ring.

I figure Lynn's going to come on here and burst my bubble now... HA! With Lynn's crosses, however, she can still show in APHA and the NCHA or NRHA... not so with halter ones....
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Halter crosses... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Halter crosses...   Halter crosses... Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Halter crosses...
Page 1 of 1