Equine Online
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Equine Online

Everything Horses

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Need help ASAP, something's wrong with my sisters horse...

Go down 
+5
Bluejay
stockman
GreySorrel
7cedars
Sip of Rum
9 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Sip of Rum

Sip of Rum

Number of posts : 565
Registration date : 2007-02-10

Need help ASAP, something's wrong with my sisters horse... - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Need help ASAP, something's wrong with my sisters horse...   Need help ASAP, something's wrong with my sisters horse... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeApril 12th 2007, 9:20 pm

O wow I know I just want to take in any horse I see in pain, i feel so bad for them! I found out that my old horse, that I had since I started riding until I got Cisco foundered REALY bad again, he NEVER Foundered at my house and he is back at where he was when we didn't have horses here and he's foundering again, I don't know why though? I don't see why he founders there and not here.
Back to top Go down
Merikle Waters

Merikle Waters

Number of posts : 690
Registration date : 2007-02-08

PostSubject: Re: Need help ASAP, something's wrong with my sisters horse...   Need help ASAP, something's wrong with my sisters horse... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeApril 13th 2007, 1:51 am

Sip of Rum wrote:
O wow I know I just want to take in any horse I see in pain, i feel so bad for them! I found out that my old horse, that I had since I started riding until I got Cisco foundered REALY bad again, he NEVER Foundered at my house and he is back at where he was when we didn't have horses here and he's foundering again, I don't know why though? I don't see why he founders there and not here.

They could be feeding him differently, it could be more stressful etc... there are MANY reasons as to why horses founder....

If he is foundering right now... here is some advice, go to www.safergrass.com and read. Also, Get some styro foam (construction type) on his feet, and get a VET. Give him 1-2 grams of bute twice daily for pain (talk to the vet). Check for the digital pulse in his fetlock, and heat on the coronary band....

Founder is serious, take it from someone who is losing a favorite mare to it.
Back to top Go down
Sip of Rum

Sip of Rum

Number of posts : 565
Registration date : 2007-02-10

PostSubject: Re: Need help ASAP, something's wrong with my sisters horse...   Need help ASAP, something's wrong with my sisters horse... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeApril 13th 2007, 6:49 pm

Thank you.

When I had him there for about 4 years I think he foundered for 3 of it and we had to do SOO much for it, the last year I had him there the vet said he would have to be put down. He pulled out of it, and he was fine for 2 more years at my house. I talked to his owner now and he said he is off all grains and he sounds like hes doing everything, and I saw him at church and i was liek GIVE HIM BUTE, and hes like... o, yah. Rolling Eyes and he could also be doing so much more but yah, hes not my horse. I want to board him at my house for the guy and he could pay me and the poor guy would be in shape and healthy, and happy. But I dont' think my parents would go for that.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Need help ASAP, something's wrong with my sisters horse...   Need help ASAP, something's wrong with my sisters horse... - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Need help ASAP, something's wrong with my sisters horse...
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2