Equine Online
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Equine Online

Everything Horses

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

So the vet came for my sisters horse...

Go down 
+5
Cindy
LovingLoping
SilverBuckleHorses
7cedars
Sip of Rum
9 posters
AuthorMessage
Sip of Rum

Sip of Rum

Number of posts : 565
Registration date : 2007-02-10

So the vet came for my sisters horse... Empty
PostSubject: So the vet came for my sisters horse...   So the vet came for my sisters horse... Icon_minitimeApril 19th 2007, 7:55 pm

Ok so the vet came and all he said was that it was from not riding him enough, or him not getting enough excercise....FINALLY someone tells her to take him out more..GAWD!! So yah hopefully he's fine now..he said his sheath was really dirty so he's like I'll clean that for ya..and i was like, you wanna do another one while your at it? and he gave me this look Shocked and then he's like, yaa sure. So I went and got Cisco and as soon as he got out of the fence he was rearing and jumping ever...w/e side track! So..Austin had the biggest bean this guy had ever seen before, and Cisco was really dirty and REALLY bad...UGH, he said he couldn't get it any cleaner unless he wanted to die lol, so when the next vet comes on the 12th of May I'm going to have them clean him again...

ETA: the vet said my sisters horse is really fat and he looks like he's part draft and he has a HUGE crest..hahah lol
Back to top Go down
7cedars

Number of posts : 1667
Registration date : 2007-02-08

PostSubject: Re: So the vet came for my sisters horse...   So the vet came for my sisters horse... Icon_minitimeApril 19th 2007, 8:28 pm

Thank goodness you finally found out what the heck was wrong!

I need to do that pretty soon too, and that just super grosses me out!!!! So glad I have a set of stocks! WHEW!
Back to top Go down
SilverBuckleHorses

SilverBuckleHorses

Number of posts : 636

PostSubject: Re: So the vet came for my sisters horse...   So the vet came for my sisters horse... Icon_minitimeApril 19th 2007, 9:43 pm

I sure am glad it wasn't anything too serious, I tell ya, those boys and their parts are just made for trouble. Good luck getting her to whup his booty into shape. bounce
Back to top Go down
http://www.silverbucklehorses.cjb.net
LovingLoping

Number of posts : 115

PostSubject: Re: So the vet came for my sisters horse...   So the vet came for my sisters horse... Icon_minitimeApril 19th 2007, 9:56 pm

Oh good...glad it wasn't life threatening. And yay for the vet doing the dirty work...I'm not much of a priss, but I re-FUSE to do the sheath cleaning!

Last time the vet was doing Rudy's and my crazy horse is in the stocks, and gets into some sort of brace-position. Front legs were spread SO wide, and -you'll think I'm making this up-he CROSSED his back legs, like "Get away from down there!" The vet's assitant was cracking up,and before long a horde of boarders had gathered to laugh at Rudy's sheath getting cleaned. SO FUNNY!
Back to top Go down
Cindy

Cindy

Number of posts : 871
Registration date : 2007-02-07

PostSubject: Re: So the vet came for my sisters horse...   So the vet came for my sisters horse... Icon_minitimeApril 19th 2007, 10:10 pm

I'm so glad everything turned okay!
Back to top Go down
http://www.rockin911.com
Sip of Rum

Sip of Rum

Number of posts : 565
Registration date : 2007-02-10

PostSubject: Re: So the vet came for my sisters horse...   So the vet came for my sisters horse... Icon_minitimeApril 19th 2007, 10:58 pm

Thanks guys, i was glad it wasn't anything serious too.

I REFUSE to clean him too, ugg gross!!
Back to top Go down
Lynn M.

Lynn M.

Number of posts : 1034

PostSubject: Re: So the vet came for my sisters horse...   So the vet came for my sisters horse... Icon_minitimeApril 19th 2007, 11:17 pm

too funny get a grip ladies... it is a part of life lol! my gelding loves to have his sheath cleaned just make sure you use warm baby oil/or what ever products you use (we bought that sheath cleaner and it works pretty good) not cold that is wrong! and a soft wash cloth... they will get used to it and learn to enjoy it... better than nasty infections and having to call the vet when you can do it yourself.... save your money for something you can't do yourself.
Back to top Go down
SilverBuckleHorses

SilverBuckleHorses

Number of posts : 636

PostSubject: Re: So the vet came for my sisters horse...   So the vet came for my sisters horse... Icon_minitimeApril 20th 2007, 2:44 am

LOL Lynn, I was thinkin the same thing. All my boys know that if they're on the wash rack and they drop, they're getting a good scrubbin'. They do eventually learn to like it, lol, but for me, it's just a part of everyday life owning boys Dancing
Back to top Go down
http://www.silverbucklehorses.cjb.net
7cedars

Number of posts : 1667

PostSubject: Re: So the vet came for my sisters horse...   So the vet came for my sisters horse... Icon_minitimeApril 20th 2007, 8:08 am

You know, I have absolutely no problem cleaning the boys, but picking off warts... well, somebody else is gonna have to do that mess! HA! That's just flat gross!
Back to top Go down
denibun

Number of posts : 638

PostSubject: Re: So the vet came for my sisters horse...   So the vet came for my sisters horse... Icon_minitimeApril 20th 2007, 9:13 am

Lynn M. wrote:
my gelding loves to have his sheath cleaned just make sure you use warm baby oil/or what ever products you use (we bought that sheath cleaner and it works pretty good) not cold that is wrong! and a soft wash cloth... they will get used to it and learn to enjoy it... better than nasty infections and having to call the vet when you can do it yourself.... save your money for something you can't do yourself.

Ours don't mind at all. We regularly clean them when we bathe them. We use a sheath cleaning product (excalibur) and the boys don't mind at all.
Back to top Go down
stockman

stockman

Number of posts : 356

PostSubject: Re: So the vet came for my sisters horse...   So the vet came for my sisters horse... Icon_minitimeApril 20th 2007, 9:25 am

Having owned mares for many years we had the vet clean our gelding this spring so i could see how she did it and I'm glad I did!! She had to tranquilize him so much he could barely stand up (he was teetering and swaying!!) but that didn't stop the fight. He saved every bit of balance for one swift kick which almost took her out! She was lucky he didn't nail her. She had also tranquilized him to float his teeth but he wasn't having any part of that either. Not much got accomplished before she decided to refer us to a equine dentist and suggesting he needed to be laid flat out on the ground for this one!! He can be a big butthole about stuff like this. The lady who owned him before walked on eggshells around him and he took advantage bigtime. We are making progress (lots of it) but his ground manners are still atrocious. I think by next year I can attempt a cleaning myself.
Back to top Go down
Bluejay

Bluejay

Number of posts : 2415
Registration date : 2007-02-07

PostSubject: Re: So the vet came for my sisters horse...   So the vet came for my sisters horse... Icon_minitimeApril 20th 2007, 11:52 am

Little Sip, I am so glad it was nothing too serious.. My boy begs to have his cleaned.. He loves it.. lol! The DORK..

Years ago I had the vet out to do a gelding I had... He used Murphy's Oil to clean his.. I thought that was strange but it worked.. I have the excalaber.. I think any gentle soap with warm water would work just as well once you start keeping it up.. Basketball

We use a lot of Ivory dish soap at breeding time to was mares and stallion with.. It will not kill the semen.. I wonder if they had that in mind when they put the product on the market.... Laughing Laughing
Back to top Go down
http://www.itsmysite.com/bissellquarterhorses
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: So the vet came for my sisters horse...   So the vet came for my sisters horse... Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

So the vet came for my sisters horse...
Page 1 of 1