Equine Online
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Equine Online

Everything Horses

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Finally!! *Riding vids!!*

Go down 
+2
stockman
Sip of Rum
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Sip of Rum

Sip of Rum

Number of posts : 565
Registration date : 2007-02-10

Finally!! *Riding vids!!* Empty
PostSubject: Finally!! *Riding vids!!*   Finally!! *Riding vids!!* Icon_minitimeMarch 19th 2007, 10:56 pm

Ok, these were taken as soon as i started riding I didn't get to warm up, my dad was cold haha

Ok, so this first one I'm putting up to see if you guys can tell me what I'm doing wrong, i noticed somethings, but once in a while he does this when is start riding, like bites *trys to* or stops and won't go?

Finally!! *Riding vids!!* Th_sd600852

Ok and these are the other two, again don't mind like the head set or anything,we're working on that and we weren't warmed up. Also, he hadn't been ridden for 2 weeks cause he was getting bored, but i'm not making excuses i'm just warning you!

ALL critiques welcome! I need them!!

Finally!! *Riding vids!!* Th_sd600854
Finally!! *Riding vids!!* Th_sd600855
Back to top Go down
Sip of Rum

Sip of Rum

PostSubject: Re: Finally!! *Riding vids!!*   Finally!! *Riding vids!!* Icon_minitimeMarch 19th 2007, 11:09 pm

Also took some pics!

Finally!! *Riding vids!!* Sd600837
Finally!! *Riding vids!!* Sd600824
Finally!! *Riding vids!!* Sd600827
Finally!! *Riding vids!!* Sd600830
Finally!! *Riding vids!!* Sd600835
Finally!! *Riding vids!!* Sd600838
Finally!! *Riding vids!!* Sd600842

ok thats all!
Back to top Go down
stockman

stockman

Number of posts : 356
Registration date : 2007-02-08

PostSubject: Re: Finally!! *Riding vids!!*   Finally!! *Riding vids!!* Icon_minitimeMarch 20th 2007, 8:23 am

Well, he's definitely trying to tell you something with that nipping at your boot thing, but I don't have a good enough eye to determine what the problem is.
Could it be a saddle fit problem or some sort of lameness? He still seems a little heavy on the forehand and the problems seem to happen most when you are turning. Someone else can probably pinpoint more what your problem is.
Back to top Go down
Triple J Quarter Horses

Triple J Quarter Horses

Number of posts : 2228

PostSubject: Re: Finally!! *Riding vids!!*   Finally!! *Riding vids!!* Icon_minitimeMarch 20th 2007, 12:15 pm

Not fond of the spur is he? You need to bump him when he reaches around to bite you when you spur him. He is dropping his shoulder, Help him by picking your rein up on the side your lead is on, as he lifts his shoulder you can drop the rein slowly. If he drops his shoulder then raise you rein again. You might want to lope counter canters circles to help him with this. Just an Idea.
Back to top Go down
LovingLoping

Number of posts : 115

PostSubject: Re: Finally!! *Riding vids!!*   Finally!! *Riding vids!!* Icon_minitimeMarch 20th 2007, 2:32 pm

Awww, Cisco, my favorite Very Happy

The head tossing/turning/nipping thing is a little strange...I'd definitely check your saddle. He's fairly young, right? So it's more than possible that although the saddle fit when you bought him, it's gotten too tight as he grows and matures. When he's tossing his head though, could it be because of bugs or something in his ears? Horses down in TX often get ticks in their ears (ewwww), but don't know if that happens wayyy up there?

You have excellent eq, and his pivot was super impressive...wish we turned that clean!

The only thing I'd focus on is getting him to track up more at the trot. Kinda hard to explain via typing...but I personally think it's better to make my horse always track up and be correct, then go back and add slowness...otherwise, he does this slow, crappy looking jog. Not that Cisco's was crappy!! It's just a though, and it should help with that heaviness on the forehand deal too Cool
Back to top Go down
denibun

Number of posts : 638

PostSubject: Re: Finally!! *Riding vids!!*   Finally!! *Riding vids!!* Icon_minitimeMarch 20th 2007, 3:30 pm

It looks like he's just reacting to your spur...just make sure you're not bumping him when you don't mean to be (having bouncy legs)

He's a pretty boy and you look great riding him.
Back to top Go down
Sip of Rum

Sip of Rum

PostSubject: Re: Finally!! *Riding vids!!*   Finally!! *Riding vids!!* Icon_minitimeMarch 20th 2007, 10:02 pm

Ok thanks for all the help guys! After reading the reply's I went out and rode. I lunged him extra good before I put the saddle on and after, and he didn't try to bite once tonight. He's really hard to get to drive from behind, I don't know what I'm doing wrong. I think I figured out how to lift his shoulder though? When he was loping I picked up the inside rein a bit and it seemed kind of like he evened out a bit more? Is that right??

It was also suggested to me before that there could be something wrong with his mouth, so I'm having the vet look at it when he comes and get his teeth floated since I'm sure he's never had that done before...

Thanks for everyone's help! I'll keep working hard and when it gets nice outside I'll tape some more!!
Back to top Go down
SuperLope

SuperLope

Number of posts : 300
Registration date : 2007-02-07

PostSubject: Re: Finally!! *Riding vids!!*   Finally!! *Riding vids!!* Icon_minitimeMarch 24th 2007, 6:16 pm

pick up your slack in your free hand until you have contact with his mouth and use a lot of leg (he shouldn't change pace) and drive him up into the bridle that will sit him back and he'll lighten up on the front end for you!

he looks good! your gunna have an awesome show season this year!
Back to top Go down
Sip of Rum

Sip of Rum

PostSubject: Re: Finally!! *Riding vids!!*   Finally!! *Riding vids!!* Icon_minitimeMarch 25th 2007, 12:13 am

Thanks a bunch, I've been gone for a couple days so tomorrow we're gonna start training a lot, hopefully start sweating too, its getting warm!

thanks for everyones help!!!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Finally!! *Riding vids!!*   Finally!! *Riding vids!!* Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Finally!! *Riding vids!!*
Page 1 of 1