Equine Online
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Equine Online

Everything Horses

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

What To Do With This Mess? *vids*

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Sip of Rum

Sip of Rum

Number of posts : 565
Registration date : 2007-02-10

What To Do With This Mess?   *vids* Empty
PostSubject: What To Do With This Mess? *vids*   What To Do With This Mess?   *vids* Icon_minitimeMarch 3rd 2007, 3:06 pm

Ugh I need SOO much help you guys! Cisco is a mess, I have some vids to prove this lol. His jog is bad and his lope is horrific. I need help!! His head is really high at the lope and I think it might be because it is soo thick, I'm sweating it when it gets warmer out. It looks a couple inches bigger than it is since the underneath is now on top for the winter and I shave it to make his mane thinner and its a couple inches long lol. Anyways here's the vids: **you can tell i'm a little frustrated with him in the end of this first one lol

What To Do With This Mess?   *vids* Th_sd600534

And now for this crappy lope of his:
***i'm warning you***
What To Do With This Mess?   *vids* Th_sd600535
What To Do With This Mess?   *vids* Th_sd600536
Back to top Go down
SuperLope

SuperLope

Number of posts : 300
Registration date : 2007-02-07

PostSubject: Re: What To Do With This Mess? *vids*   What To Do With This Mess?   *vids* Icon_minitimeMarch 3rd 2007, 4:05 pm

it's not that bad!

haha he just naturally wants to go slow that's very encouraging

at the lope he's four-beating a little -- but he is also being freelunged so if you get on him (once the snow melts Wink ) you can use your legs and drive him up while holding him up front so he doesn't speed up also try two-tracking him where you push his butt toward the center and keep his front end tracking straight -- this will get his inside hind leg to reach and he'll stay on three beats

for his head just pick up your reins (use your free hand if you have to) and squeeze with your legs and keep holding until he drops his head then release him keep doing it everytime he picks his head up and he'll get it eventually "mom wants my head down" tongue

for the jog he is a little strung out behind but he is slow and level too! just do the same thing as above

since your stuck on the ground see if you can lunge him with sidereins and you can push him forward with the whip

good luck stay warm! Dancing your pony isn't as bad as you say he is!
Back to top Go down
stockman

stockman

Number of posts : 356
Registration date : 2007-02-08

PostSubject: Re: What To Do With This Mess? *vids*   What To Do With This Mess?   *vids* Icon_minitimeMarch 3rd 2007, 4:11 pm

I agree with Superlope. It's not that bad!! Alot of his problems will be lessened when you are actually on him and can drive him up under himself. He's a little heavy on the forehand and needs to get those back legs driving up underneath himself. Maybe some fun flexibility stuff too when you can get back on him. He is definitely nice and slow and steady. I also think his neck is too thick and agree you should start sweating it when the weather warms up. I'm also starting that with my horse soon.
Back to top Go down
Sip of Rum

Sip of Rum

PostSubject: Re: What To Do With This Mess? *vids*   What To Do With This Mess?   *vids* Icon_minitimeMarch 3rd 2007, 4:30 pm

Thanks a bunch for the tips guys! Yeah he likes to lope slow on the ground but as soon as you ride him he speeds up, ugh lol, except at a show, then hes like hmmm I'm gonna go slow now... lol I need some riding vids but I can't until my sister stops her little fit on not wanting to help me lol. I ride him as often as I can but its pretty hard to get a LOT accomplished in that arena, its kinda small, it works, like he can tare around in there like a maniac if he wants to but its soo much easier outside in the big one.

I still don't know if I'm going to keep him as a pleasure horse or not. He does good but not as good as I would like, and I think he has a cow instict so we're going to see when the snow melts. I really don't know what to do lol, I wish I could pay for a trainer. Maybe I can this summer for a little while since I FIANLLY got a little job yesterday. Razz
Back to top Go down
jools

Number of posts : 168
Registration date : 2007-02-08

PostSubject: Re: What To Do With This Mess? *vids*   What To Do With This Mess?   *vids* Icon_minitimeMarch 4th 2007, 8:54 am

Like a Star @ heaven I love you Like a Star @ heaven Well I think he is really cute cat & really accommodating monkey As the guys say you are free schooling him No He has no hand to leg support tongue from you coz you are on the ground cyclops He reminds me of a really cuddly teddybear pirat Such a cute face confused OOOHH WHAT MOM silent
btw I LOVE Mickey Mouse on his right shoulder geek
Back to top Go down
Sip of Rum

Sip of Rum

PostSubject: Re: What To Do With This Mess? *vids*   What To Do With This Mess?   *vids* Icon_minitimeMarch 4th 2007, 4:21 pm

I'd like to add that I don't just free lunge him, i get him in there and just get him moving like that, and then I put the lunge line on him and make him do everything the right way, when I free lunge I just get him moving because as soon as that line goes on he does everything perfect, like not moving like the lope I want but I know you guys know what I mean. I taped him free lunging because it's much easier for me to do that than when I have a lunge line and a whip in my hand. Wink

When I can get outside or get my sister out to the barn I'll get some vids riding.

Thanks everyone!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What To Do With This Mess? *vids*   What To Do With This Mess?   *vids* Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

What To Do With This Mess? *vids*
Page 1 of 1