Equine Online
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Equine Online

Everything Horses

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

My Springbreak trip to.....

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Kate and Paint

Number of posts : 197
Registration date : 2007-02-08

My Springbreak trip to..... Empty
PostSubject: My Springbreak trip to.....   My Springbreak trip to..... Icon_minitimeMarch 14th 2007, 9:28 pm

the houston livestock show and rodeo!!!!!! It was so fun. In the morning we got to dee the palimino horse show. It was soooo awesome. After we watched some of the halter classes, we got to go through the exhibit hall. I bought a cute new bridle, some Ariat fatbaby's, and a barrel racing buckle. After that, we got to go through the horse holding barm. Most of the horses were really nice looking. We saw one horse at the end of the shedrow, a QH that was HUGE. I felt so sorry for the big guy, though. He was so big he had to back and turn, and repeat several times to turn around in his pen. His owner saw me talking to him, and LET ME GO IN THE PEN. I had to stand on my tippy toes to touch his face. I found out that he is 17.3 hh, weighs almost 1700 pounds, and hes for sale. I regret I didnt find out the horses name, though. My dad was amazed. His chest was about 2 feet wide. i know its not really a big deal to you halter horse owners, but Ive never seen something that big! He was so buff and muscular. He had really skinny legs and you could tell he didnt like to move much. I felt sorry for him because hes gonna go lame and not be worth doing anything beside halter and stud. Anyway, then we went home for a while. We came back and ate at the club level. We had really good seats. I loved the barrel racing and the wagon races. People kept looking at me because I was yelling "Kick, Kick!!!" when the barrel racers were running. Then we got to watch the Toby Keith concert, then headed home. It was awesome. So hos everyone elses Springbreak going????
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/all_texas_cowgirl
Bucks&Blues

Bucks&Blues

Number of posts : 548
Registration date : 2007-02-10

PostSubject: Re: My Springbreak trip to.....   My Springbreak trip to..... Icon_minitimeMarch 15th 2007, 12:36 am

All this fun and no pictures??? affraid

Glad you had a great time! What are you doing for the rest of your spring break?
Back to top Go down
7cedars

Number of posts : 1667

PostSubject: Re: My Springbreak trip to.....   My Springbreak trip to..... Icon_minitimeMarch 15th 2007, 7:45 am

Kate, sounds like you had a blast! On the halter horse, if he's that big, and he's halter, his chest is going to have to be a lot bigger than two feet wide... in fact, that'd be just a part of it... was he maybe a HUS horse?

And personally, I've never seen one that big....probably wouldn't be a good thing if I did either, I'd be a yipping and yapping at somebody. But I've definitely seen HUS horses that measure at almost 17 hands.

I haven't got to see wagon races yet, but I sure would like to... If you took pics, please post.
Back to top Go down
Kate and Paint

Number of posts : 197

PostSubject: Re: My Springbreak trip to.....   My Springbreak trip to..... Icon_minitimeMarch 15th 2007, 1:28 pm

Well, he was so big and he looked like he had a lot of trouble moving on his legs. Im not sure what else he might do, but they said he did halter.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/all_texas_cowgirl
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: My Springbreak trip to.....   My Springbreak trip to..... Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

My Springbreak trip to.....
Page 1 of 1