Equine Online
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Equine Online

Everything Horses

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Planning my trip

Go down 
+3
REINING CHICK
7cedars
shazgeoff
7 posters
AuthorMessage
shazgeoff

shazgeoff

Number of posts : 850
Registration date : 2007-02-10

Planning my trip Empty
PostSubject: Planning my trip   Planning my trip Icon_minitimeJuly 15th 2008, 8:20 am

Ok guys im planning my trip to America.
Maybe bringing my friend over who is single so ideally want to go to a few clubs that have cowboys.
Would like to visit some ranches,go to a few Rodeos.
Texas a must.Plus there a paint in Dallas worth looking at.
Also horse in Pennsylvania and then theres 2 in California.Lots of travelling.

Any ideas on how much internal flights are?
Back to top Go down
7cedars

Number of posts : 1667
Registration date : 2007-02-08

Planning my trip Empty
PostSubject: Re: Planning my trip   Planning my trip Icon_minitimeJuly 15th 2008, 10:22 am

If you can use Southwest, do so, whenever possible; it's usually the cheapest. Sometimes you have to stop, get your luggage and continue on, sometimes not. But it's been my expeirence, it's definitely the cheapest.

As far as where to go in Texas... YOU HAVE TO GO to the Ft. Worth Stockyards - there you'll see so many guys in Wranglers, it's hard to keep your bottom chin from dropping!!!! Even though Dallas and Ft. Worth are only like 30-45 minutes from each other, they're no where simmilar. Dallas reminds me of a town where there's a bunch of influx of people - and I think rude... Ft. Worth is totally different. And, oh, best to go on a Friday or Saturday night!!!!
Back to top Go down
REINING CHICK

REINING CHICK

Number of posts : 343
Registration date : 2007-02-12

Planning my trip Empty
PostSubject: Re: Planning my trip   Planning my trip Icon_minitimeJuly 15th 2008, 1:10 pm

go to tabor ranch!! that would be a must to look at some NICEEEEEEEE halter horses.
Back to top Go down
shazgeoff

shazgeoff

Planning my trip Empty
PostSubject: Re: Planning my trip   Planning my trip Icon_minitimeJuly 15th 2008, 1:34 pm

She wants to hit the clubs where there be cowboys,mind you i wouldnt mind to,shouldnt say that im married.

I know when i went to world show and stayed just out side the venue there was a club with a bull riding ring that was on the hour after a certain time,was great fun.My first experience of line dancing.
Back to top Go down
Ragdoll

Number of posts : 385
Registration date : 2007-04-02

Planning my trip Empty
PostSubject: Re: Planning my trip   Planning my trip Icon_minitimeJuly 15th 2008, 7:16 pm

LAS VEGAS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
Triple J Quarter Horses

Triple J Quarter Horses

Number of posts : 2228

Planning my trip Empty
PostSubject: Re: Planning my trip   Planning my trip Icon_minitimeJuly 15th 2008, 10:01 pm

For a Cowboy scratch Been there like 3 times, did I see one, NOPE..
Back to top Go down
Lynn M.

Lynn M.

Number of posts : 1034

Planning my trip Empty
PostSubject: Re: Planning my trip   Planning my trip Icon_minitimeJuly 16th 2008, 10:46 am

I know round trip fares to China are running 1200.00-1500.00 USD right now but with the Olympics that isn't bad rates... that isn't into Bejing don't know fares to Europe..... we use Lotus travel agency they do a great job.
Back to top Go down
Ragdoll

Planning my trip Empty
PostSubject: Re: Planning my trip   Planning my trip Icon_minitimeJuly 16th 2008, 11:13 pm

There are tons of ranches and horsey events going on in/around Vegas every day of the year....
Back to top Go down
Ragdoll

Planning my trip Empty
PostSubject: Re: Planning my trip   Planning my trip Icon_minitimeJuly 16th 2008, 11:16 pm

Like The National Finals Rodeo
Back to top Go down
shazgeoff

shazgeoff

Planning my trip Empty
PostSubject: Re: Planning my trip   Planning my trip Icon_minitimeJuly 17th 2008, 5:26 am

Think vegas outta price range,be maga expensive,more so with holidays coming up
Back to top Go down
Mare

Mare

Number of posts : 522
Registration date : 2007-04-16

Planning my trip Empty
PostSubject: Re: Planning my trip   Planning my trip Icon_minitimeJuly 17th 2008, 8:29 am

Just remember there are two different kinds of cowboys. Those that are out working the ranch and the drug store cowboys that dont know which end is which but like to dress the part. Laughing
Your gonna have fun no matter where you go
Back to top Go down
Ragdoll

Planning my trip Empty
PostSubject: Re: Planning my trip   Planning my trip Icon_minitimeJuly 17th 2008, 12:18 pm

Vegas is cheaper in the summer.....Real nice weather all winter.
Back to top Go down
Triple J Quarter Horses

Triple J Quarter Horses

Number of posts : 2228

Planning my trip Empty
PostSubject: Re: Planning my trip   Planning my trip Icon_minitimeJuly 17th 2008, 4:32 pm

I wasnt there during a the Championship bull rides, But other than that, Didnt see one. We went out to hoover dam, Lake Mead, Out to some western town. Saw Wild Burros, mountian goats, The carp were HUGE, This was 11 years ago, was the last visit, Did some shopping, Guess, I wanted to see more green. Its just what your use to I guess. But 3 times was enough. Food was good, so were the pools, It was a place that never sleeps that is for sure.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Planning my trip Empty
PostSubject: Re: Planning my trip   Planning my trip Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Planning my trip
Page 1 of 1