Equine Online
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Equine Online

Everything Horses

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

JET CAME HOME TODAY

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Ragdoll

Number of posts : 385
Registration date : 2007-04-02

JET CAME HOME TODAY Empty
PostSubject: JET CAME HOME TODAY   JET CAME HOME TODAY Icon_minitimeMay 25th 2009, 10:50 pm

Tucker's mom came home from my daughter's house...and not a minute too soon!!!!! She looks like hell. Skinny...Big patches of some kind of "scurge". Her hair is in very poor condition, and isn't even her normal color. Her normal color is exactly like Tucker...I call it a dark mahogany bay. She is now a funky red.

I'm sure Jet's teeth are shot...I started her on Equine Senior and pellets, with a little corn oil. I have to say...I'm going to be ashamed for the vet to see her....He had her up at his ranch, having babies, for almost 10yrs. I've had Jet for 20yrs.

On the heart-warmimg side... It was a Walt Disney reunion when Jet and Tucker saw each other. Tucker's corral (panels) is inside the pasture...He and Jet stand together...grooming each other. He cries every time she goes out-of-sight....She runs right back, nickering as though he were a new baby. I know that it'll cause problems in the future....But for right now, I'm grateful that Jet is back home.
Back to top Go down
Triple J Quarter Horses

Triple J Quarter Horses

Number of posts : 2228
Registration date : 2007-02-08

PostSubject: Re: JET CAME HOME TODAY   JET CAME HOME TODAY Icon_minitimeMay 26th 2009, 10:16 am

Oh, NO! Sad I bet you'll have her slick and chubby in no time! And they say horses dont remember their foals... Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
Ragdoll

PostSubject: Re: JET CAME HOME TODAY   JET CAME HOME TODAY Icon_minitimeMay 26th 2009, 6:01 pm

This is the weirdest thing to watch!!!!!! The mutual grooming never stops. If she steps out of his sight...around the barn...He winnies like a baby, she nickers and runs right back to him!!!! I think it may be good for her psycologically (sp)....It may help her pick up physically. I'm real sure she had rain scald. There's absolutely no humidity here, but the dirt here is different. The top layer is called bug dust. It's like talc.

I can see where this is going to cause problems with Tucker....He's so enthralled with his mom, he isn't going to listen to anything anyone tells him. That's ok for now. Tucker's young.....Jet seems to need him right now.
Back to top Go down
Bluejay

Bluejay

Number of posts : 2415
Registration date : 2007-02-07

PostSubject: Re: JET CAME HOME TODAY   JET CAME HOME TODAY Icon_minitimeMay 26th 2009, 9:27 pm

I am shocked your own family member would keep a horse like that.. No
Back to top Go down
http://www.itsmysite.com/bissellquarterhorses
Ragdoll

PostSubject: Re: JET CAME HOME TODAY   JET CAME HOME TODAY Icon_minitimeMay 26th 2009, 11:42 pm

I'm speechless. I can't believe it either. I"m sure the brain injury has a lot to do with the way she thinks. Her husband is a huge influence too. He's happy to give her all the stuff she wants, with no regard as to what it will cost, or the responsibility involved. She's always had horses, but he likes to distract her from the stuff that takes her attention. Unfortunately, she had to have surgery late last summer. She wasn't allowed to lift anything for 2 months. Her husband was supposedly feeding the animals. Come to find out, he was just throwing hay out there once a day. It was fine with her because that's the way he wanted to do it.

A few months ago she had a complete "Mommy Make-Over". Boobs, lipo, and tummy tuck. $15,000.00!!!!!!!!! Again, she's not supposed to lift anything for x-amount of months.

She and I have gone to blows over things in the past. You can't offer advice....Even over the most minor thing.

I blame myself for a lot of this....My sister keeps telling me that I have too many people pulling me way too many ways. No time to ride my horses, but they stil need to eat, and be cared for. Plus a home, a job, a husband, and all the normal activities of daily living. Sleep. I'd love to get some!!!!

Speaking of my job....I have to leave in a few minutes. I got less than 5 hours of sleep in 28hrs.....Have to get a load of hay in the morning before I can go to bed. I'm so freeking tired!!!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
Bluejay

Bluejay

PostSubject: Re: JET CAME HOME TODAY   JET CAME HOME TODAY Icon_minitimeMay 30th 2009, 10:05 am

You need to take some time for yourself and rest. Other wise you will crack. You are way too old not to take care of yourself.. Not saying you are old.. I think we are the same age. But, if you don't get some rest and me time you will loose your health. No
Back to top Go down
Ragdoll

PostSubject: Re: JET CAME HOME TODAY   JET CAME HOME TODAY Icon_minitimeMay 30th 2009, 11:08 am

I'd love a little break....I've done this for 3yrs. I recently finally stopped taking RX vitamin D. My dr was astonished. I never get outside, except for quick trips to feed the horses....

Jet is already looking better. She loves being back in her old pasture. She also loves being with Tucker.

BJ....I wish I was your age!!!!! I'm pushing 60 real hard!!!!!! LOL!
Back to top Go down
Bluejay

Bluejay

PostSubject: Re: JET CAME HOME TODAY   JET CAME HOME TODAY Icon_minitimeJune 1st 2009, 10:04 pm

Goodness.. I won't push on 60 real hard for about 5 years.. Wouldn't do you any good to come back here with me.. You know that 5 years is more like 2.5 years once you get in your 50's. Razz If yur gonna go back, go to 35yrs.. But, then again.. I know for sure I am smarter and a better person the older I get.. Guess I will just keep going.. Basketball
Back to top Go down
Ragdoll

PostSubject: Re: JET CAME HOME TODAY   JET CAME HOME TODAY Icon_minitimeJune 1st 2009, 11:53 pm

Well, menatally, I feel about 35. It's only when I have to do something physical that I get a big reminder....Like when I need to move a bale of hay. Forget it!!!! I cut it open. and move it a flake at a time. My hands don't work like they used to.

I've been trying to find a different job since the day I went to work for WM. No luck. Someone younger ALWAYS gets it. It's the same with the promotions at WM.

Jet's doing great. Gaining weight by the minute...Starting to shine. She's "horse'n" real bad. She's showing a "different" intrest in Tucker. Tucker would be happy to help her....I've had to take a whip after him. He's trying to jump her over the fence!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: JET CAME HOME TODAY   JET CAME HOME TODAY Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

JET CAME HOME TODAY
Page 1 of 1