Equine Online
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Equine Online

Everything Horses

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

she is home

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
shazgeoff

shazgeoff

Number of posts : 850
Registration date : 2007-02-10

she is home Empty
PostSubject: she is home   she is home Icon_minitimeApril 14th 2008, 11:51 am

Finally got my mare and foal home,they travelled real well.
Not happy with my mares condition,bit on the thin side.She also seems to have not much milk for the foal.Zara as we are calling her is 3weeks old and a little weedy for my likeing.

Got mum on more feeds and plenty of grass,so fingers crossed she will produce more milk. cheers
Back to top Go down
Lynn M.

Lynn M.

Number of posts : 1034
Registration date : 2007-02-08

she is home Empty
PostSubject: Re: she is home   she is home Icon_minitimeApril 14th 2008, 3:43 pm

at 3 weeks she should be able to creep feed if you can find a good milk based pellet I would start her on that.. she is older than Annie and Annie is eating pellets already just picking at it but does eat some
Back to top Go down
Triple J Quarter Horses

Triple J Quarter Horses

Number of posts : 2228
Registration date : 2007-02-08

she is home Empty
PostSubject: Re: she is home   she is home Icon_minitimeApril 14th 2008, 4:09 pm

Yep Yep Like Lynn said.. My Popeye is and it sure helped him catch up after being sick, And mom is a big milker.
Back to top Go down
shazgeoff

shazgeoff

Number of posts : 850
Registration date : 2007-02-10

she is home Empty
PostSubject: Re: she is home   she is home Icon_minitimeApril 15th 2008, 8:15 am

will see what i can find at our feed merchants.Both mum and foal look tons better already.Im sure half of Laceys(mum) problem was dehydration.The stud farm where she was had automatic waters,dont think Lacey liked them much.I personally hate them as you cant judge how much water they drink.
Just wish i brought the mare in foal.Wouldnt have had any of these problems.

The foal Zara charged around all over the place today so she must be feeling better aswell as mum had more milk to offer.Just needs to straigten those hind pasterns but that will come i know. cheers
Back to top Go down
Bluejay

Bluejay

Number of posts : 2415
Registration date : 2007-02-07

she is home Empty
PostSubject: Re: she is home   she is home Icon_minitimeApril 15th 2008, 9:14 pm

What a shame that others do not take care of your mare and foal when they have them.. affraid Those pellets are great.. Just be careful with them.. They are VERY RICH... And put the alfalfa and feed to the mare.. Good Grief.. Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
http://www.itsmysite.com/bissellquarterhorses
Sponsored content

she is home Empty
PostSubject: Re: she is home   she is home Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

she is home
Page 1 of 1