Equine Online
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Equine Online

Everything Horses

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Hocks, is your horse Posty, Sickle hocked?

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Triple J Quarter Horses

Triple J Quarter Horses

Number of posts : 2228
Registration date : 2007-02-08

Hocks, is your horse Posty, Sickle hocked? Empty
PostSubject: Hocks, is your horse Posty, Sickle hocked?   Hocks, is your horse Posty, Sickle hocked? Icon_minitimeDecember 4th 2008, 12:41 pm

http://www.aqha.com/magazines/aqhj/content/2008content/08december/Right%20Angle.pdf

The Dec. QHJ has an article on what the proper angle of hocks are supposed to be. Im not happy with seeing folks breeding for these Straight up and down legs. Front or back. I see tomany health issues going on here.
Back to top Go down
Bluejay

Bluejay

Number of posts : 2415
Registration date : 2007-02-07

Hocks, is your horse Posty, Sickle hocked? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hocks, is your horse Posty, Sickle hocked?   Hocks, is your horse Posty, Sickle hocked? Icon_minitimeDecember 9th 2008, 11:54 am

Interesting article.. I have seen some that are REALLY staight up and down. Others just the oposite.. Then again, a person who really knows what they are doing can set these legs to look how they want them
too. Smile

I watched one pro tell a friend how to set a horse to make the back look shorter or longer. There really is a science and art to it. And, then of course, there is that judge that has their opinion that is totally different from what we think it should be.... No

I still say you cannot tell if the horse is not standing square on all legs. Just one of the things that makes it so hard to look at pictures of a horse and decide if it's correct or not.
Back to top Go down
http://www.itsmysite.com/bissellquarterhorses

Hocks, is your horse Posty, Sickle hocked?
Page 1 of 1