Equine Online
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Equine Online

Everything Horses

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

YOUR FIRST HORSE WAS?????????

Go down 
+4
Bluejay
Kate and Paint
Ragdoll
Triple J Quarter Horses
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Triple J Quarter Horses

Triple J Quarter Horses

Number of posts : 2228
Registration date : 2007-02-08

YOUR FIRST HORSE WAS????????? Empty
PostSubject: YOUR FIRST HORSE WAS?????????   YOUR FIRST HORSE WAS????????? Icon_minitimeMay 19th 2008, 1:45 pm

Did you go for papers?
Color?
Price?
Mare of Gelding?

Mine was for price. I had worked all summer Helping lay brick and Block.
Came up with a grand total of 150.. to spend on a horse. What did I find, An unbroke 2 year old 15'2 gelding that thought he was a cow! Quarter. Wound up being one of the best horses I ever owned. Lost him at 22.
Walked him home 6 miles, The owners were suppose to deliver him, included in the price, but his daughter didnt want him in the NEW Trailer... So I started down the road with him, Took a saddle with me and snaffle bit, Put the saddle on him, Led him for the first 5, rode him the last one. HOW STUPID WAS I??? 14, walking along a highway, told my Dad he would be broke by time I got him home and well, not broke but being ridden, lets say. LORD, HAVE MERCY! affraid WHAT WAS I THINKING?
PS just as I Turned him into the drive way, the girls Dad pulled up with the NEW trailor, Said how sorry he was and made her had me 50.00 of the 150.00 I gave her. She was a spoiled brat, Which by the way I later beat her with the 150.00 horse. He kept telling her, see I told you he was a good horse. OF corse hers was at a trainers.
Back to top Go down
Ragdoll

Number of posts : 385
Registration date : 2007-04-02

PostSubject: Re: YOUR FIRST HORSE WAS?????????   YOUR FIRST HORSE WAS????????? Icon_minitimeMay 19th 2008, 3:50 pm

That story sounds a lot like mine!!!!! My first horse was 2 yr old Arab stallion. My sister and my best friend helped me walk him home about 6 miles. He cost me $75.00. My parents were too cheap to pay for to transfer the papers or geld him. He wasn't the least bit stud-ish...Kept him with mares til he was 14yrs old...and gelded him. His personality didn't change at all. He never bucked or spooked in his life...But he went through a phase where he would rear if he didn't want to leave the yard.
Back to top Go down
Kate and Paint

Number of posts : 197

PostSubject: Re: YOUR FIRST HORSE WAS?????????   YOUR FIRST HORSE WAS????????? Icon_minitimeMay 19th 2008, 4:34 pm

Lol my first horse was Kate. I bought her about 4 years ago when she was 19. Cost about $850. No papers but she was well broke. She was also really hyper. I just wanted a horse to ride, but then I got into barrel racing and stuff and she really came through for me there. Haha she taught me a lot and Im lucky to still have her.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/all_texas_cowgirl
Bluejay

Bluejay

Number of posts : 2415
Registration date : 2007-02-07

PostSubject: Re: YOUR FIRST HORSE WAS?????????   YOUR FIRST HORSE WAS????????? Icon_minitimeMay 19th 2008, 8:54 pm

Well, my first horse was TB/Saddle bred cross.. He was blood bay and 17H tall. HE HE HE . I paid a whole $100.00 for him.. riding
Back to top Go down
http://www.itsmysite.com/bissellquarterhorses
Sip of Rum

Sip of Rum

Number of posts : 565
Registration date : 2007-02-10

PostSubject: Re: YOUR FIRST HORSE WAS?????????   YOUR FIRST HORSE WAS????????? Icon_minitimeMay 20th 2008, 12:35 am

My first horse was a QH/mustang named Thumper. he was 7 years old when i got him, he was a pali of course. He was the cutest thing ever and a gift from my neighbor cause he didn't want me to get hurt riding his race horses. I just had to give him back when I got Cisco a couple years ago Smile o and he was $1000 i think, i'm not sure..

YOUR FIRST HORSE WAS????????? DSC01604
YOUR FIRST HORSE WAS????????? DSC01255
Back to top Go down
7cedars

Number of posts : 1667

PostSubject: Re: YOUR FIRST HORSE WAS?????????   YOUR FIRST HORSE WAS????????? Icon_minitimeMay 20th 2008, 1:29 am

Our first horse was named Pet, a welsh pony - mom and dad got him when I was in fifth grade... how many hours me and him went riding in the pasture with me singing, I can't tell you. After him, was the wench from HE**, that always seemed to buck me off right in the sticker burrs... the first horse I ever bought, I haven't the faintest clue!!!!
Back to top Go down
reiningfan

reiningfan

Number of posts : 699
Registration date : 2007-02-13

PostSubject: Re: YOUR FIRST HORSE WAS?????????   YOUR FIRST HORSE WAS????????? Icon_minitimeMay 20th 2008, 9:08 am

We always had horses, but the first one that was mine and only mine was a sorrel gelding named "Little Buck". I really learned to ride when I got him. I had basically had well trained horses til he came around. I can't tell you how many times I sprained a wrist or ankle coming off him when he'd make a 90 degree turn at a lope, or buck me off. He was hard to catch mostly, but by the time I had had him a few years, I could ride through a buck bareback. I think my grandfather was crazy for letting me have him, but it all turned out in the end. We ended up showing real successfully at some open shows. I even rode him 20 miles to a show the day before and rode him home the day after.
The first one I bought myself was a crop out colt I bought for $200. Had Two Eyed Jack on his papers, but that didn't really mean anything to me at the time. I was about 16, and a guy had got him free with a trailer he bought. He opened the escape door and I bought Sonny after only seeing half of him. He turned out awesome. Started off wild and not halter broke, taugh him tricks, he was good looking, came at a run even if he was across the hay field. That horse bought me a truck ('70 Ford, but it ran good), a bumper hitch stock trailer, and Freckles, the sorrel reining bred mare we have now. He went to a team penner, but I lost track of him.
Back to top Go down
stockman

stockman

Number of posts : 356

PostSubject: Re: YOUR FIRST HORSE WAS?????????   YOUR FIRST HORSE WAS????????? Icon_minitimeMay 21st 2008, 12:40 pm

My first horse of my own was a 7 year old registered Appaloosa named Pat's Little Man, but we called him Little Man. He was actually very nice looking for an appy, and his mane was roached, which was probably a good idea since I'm sure it would have looked pitiful if we let it grow. He cost 500.00, and was good as gold, but only could canter on one lead. We tried and tried in vain to get that lead but he was completely one-sided. He could canter very well on that lead, though, I must say! We showed him in many a open show, though, and he was quite a pole bender all on that one lead LOL!!
We upgraded considerably after several years and bought an Arab gelding named Sinjabi that I showed for my youth years in class A arab shows.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: YOUR FIRST HORSE WAS?????????   YOUR FIRST HORSE WAS????????? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

YOUR FIRST HORSE WAS?????????
Page 1 of 1