Equine Online
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Equine Online

Everything Horses

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Winter Blankets

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Bucks&Blues

Bucks&Blues

Number of posts : 548
Registration date : 2007-02-10

Winter Blankets Empty
PostSubject: Winter Blankets   Winter Blankets Icon_minitimeOctober 25th 2008, 4:58 pm

Just thought some of you would be interested in this. I LOVE Weatherbeeta blankets, and I found some ridiculously cheap at Charlottes.com.

They fit QH's nicely and I just love them. I know how it is when winter hits, alot of us scramble to find a decent blanket for the horses that have outgrown any hand me downs. I also know that the tack shops around here only order a certain number and when they sell out thats it for the season, no more. I started BEFORE winter gets here this year, as Vegas jumps a size every year. Two years ago, she wore a 74, the next year a 76, and finally she has grown into a 78 and some 80's. Hopefully she stops this year!

Heres the link to the ones I like, they have good foal sizes too.

http://www.charlottes-saddlery.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Product_Code=WB605602&Category_Code=WBSB&Product_Count=1
Back to top Go down
Mare

Mare

Number of posts : 522
Registration date : 2007-04-16

Winter Blankets Empty
PostSubject: Re: Winter Blankets   Winter Blankets Icon_minitimeOctober 26th 2008, 8:41 am

Thats a good price I just ran and bought one last week. Our weather is warm then cold and I have one mare that was just shivering. Normally I never blanket any of them.
Back to top Go down
Bluejay

Bluejay

Number of posts : 2415
Registration date : 2007-02-07

Winter Blankets Empty
PostSubject: Re: Winter Blankets   Winter Blankets Icon_minitimeOctober 26th 2008, 9:20 pm

I see those are stable blankets.. scratch I know the turn outs are spendy and run large. When Tommy got reserve at the region one show they gave us a 2 bags with three blankets in them. One was fleece, one stable and one turn out. The stable was very thin and the fleece was for under a blanket. Rolling Eyes The size they gave us was 78. I told them what a nice gift that was.. But, it would never fit him.. lol! I sold them since they would not fit my horses and I do not use turn outs.. coffee

I guess it depends on if you are turning your horse out in bad whether of need a blanket to just keep them warm. I like the BIG D Kodiak or the Schnieders closed front. That is a good price if you are getting the blanket you need... Dancing
Back to top Go down
http://www.itsmysite.com/bissellquarterhorses
Bucks&Blues

Bucks&Blues

Number of posts : 548
Registration date : 2007-02-10

Winter Blankets Empty
PostSubject: Re: Winter Blankets   Winter Blankets Icon_minitimeOctober 26th 2008, 11:49 pm

My horses dont go out when its bad. They are always in the barn with their blankets on. We dont get below freezing here, so the stable blankets are plenty for us. If not then we get the fleece liners and hoods out.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Winter Blankets Empty
PostSubject: Re: Winter Blankets   Winter Blankets Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Winter Blankets
Page 1 of 1