Equine Online
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Equine Online

Everything Horses

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Kay-where did you end up this weekend?

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
denibun

Number of posts : 638
Registration date : 2007-02-08

Kay-where did you end up this weekend? Empty
PostSubject: Kay-where did you end up this weekend?   Kay-where did you end up this weekend? Icon_minitimeJune 8th 2008, 6:58 pm

Where did you show? We had a 4h clinic. We have about 10 or 12 new young members. We started at 9 am yesterday. The kids rotated through stations. I taught longeing....talk about fun longeing 30 horses when it's 94 degrees outside!!!! At each station, the kids actually were shown how to do that particular item and then they did the task themselves. The stations were showmanship, longeing, trailer loading/unloading, bathing, grooming (including clipping and banding), tacking up, trailer safety, overall horse safety, first aid for horses, and finally there was an equine chiropractor there who did saddle fitting for every horse and told kids whether or not their saddle fit properly. She also showed them how to tell. We did that for 10 hours counting lunch and supper breaks and then we had a fun show from 7 pm -11pm. At that point, I came home, but the leaders and the kids slept in the barn. I was back up there at 7 this morning and we fixed pancakes for breakfast and the kiddos all rode. Overall it was a fun thing and I think the kids learned a ton.
Back to top Go down
Triple J Quarter Horses

Triple J Quarter Horses

Number of posts : 2228

PostSubject: Re: Kay-where did you end up this weekend?   Kay-where did you end up this weekend? Icon_minitimeJune 9th 2008, 10:33 am

NO Where! cheers Next weekend is a toss up. Got to get Kelsey more experience in the showring, and AQHA Show isnt going to happen for her as they havent transfered the mares papers yet! No So, I dont know yet, what is going to happen next week end. Grrrr

Sounds like you had a great time, I know it was hot, but at least you had a breeze, sunny It would have been sooo bad with out the wind this week end. Terrible! Or should I say worse. pale
Back to top Go down
denibun

PostSubject: Re: Kay-where did you end up this weekend?   Kay-where did you end up this weekend? Icon_minitimeJune 9th 2008, 1:22 pm

There is an open all pleasure s how in Lynnville this weekend. I think that is where we'll end up going. Rachel wants to show trail which she has never done with Cletus and I don't think an AQHA show is the right place to do that. We also got her some English tack so if I can let her ride a couple of times in it and get her some clothes, she wants to do HUS as well. The show starts at noon. If you're wanting something even more laid back, the show at Cowboy's is this coming weekend too.
Back to top Go down
Triple J Quarter Horses

Triple J Quarter Horses

PostSubject: Re: Kay-where did you end up this weekend?   Kay-where did you end up this weekend? Icon_minitimeJune 9th 2008, 3:45 pm

What are the classes at Lynnville, Thanks. Im sure at Cowboys she would be showing to the same 4-H ers she as already gone up against. Unless IT RAINS everything out again, then theres the AQHA show, Indoor! I think they have a open show as well. That is something Id have to find out. And if its not just speed.
Back to top Go down
denibun

PostSubject: Re: Kay-where did you end up this weekend?   Kay-where did you end up this weekend? Icon_minitimeJune 9th 2008, 4:28 pm

I've never been to Lynnville, but I think they have halter, sms, walk/jog, WP, HMS, trail, HUS, etc. I have left a message to see about getting a showbill. I will let you know asap. If it rains, I guess we'll go to sturgis. If not, lynnville.
Back to top Go down
denibun

PostSubject: Re: Kay-where did you end up this weekend?   Kay-where did you end up this weekend? Icon_minitimeJune 9th 2008, 5:38 pm

Kay- here's the show bill for the Lynnville show

http://www.lynnvillesaddleclub.com/PleasureShow.html
Back to top Go down
Triple J Quarter Horses

Triple J Quarter Horses

PostSubject: Re: Kay-where did you end up this weekend?   Kay-where did you end up this weekend? Icon_minitimeJune 10th 2008, 1:58 pm

Its been several years, and it was sooo clicky then, I rode 2 handed on a 2 year old in ladies pleasure and placed like 3rd, someone from the club complained because it stated in ladies pleasure you could not ride 2 handed. So they took my 15 cent ribbon away. Crying or Very sad Hee Hee. the judge was upset. Me, I hadnt been back since. I really didnt care, as I was schooling the 2 year old anyway.. It said AQHA Rules on the front of the show bill, but.... On the back they added there own little bunch. No What a joke.
Back to top Go down
Triple J Quarter Horses

Triple J Quarter Horses

PostSubject: Re: Kay-where did you end up this weekend?   Kay-where did you end up this weekend? Icon_minitimeJune 10th 2008, 4:48 pm

Show Bill

Membership is Required….Family – $12.00……..Single – $6.00

(one time charge}

Office Charge $3.00 per horse rider combo.

Awards will be handed out at the end of each class & one high point at the end of the day for show.

All first place winners will receive an award for the class.

THERE IS A $100.00 1ST PLACE PRIZE ON THE OPEN PLEASURE AND 2ND, 3rd , & 4TH PLACES WILL BE JACKPOTTED. The other money classes are Jackpoted.

** MEANS THERE IS PAYBACK IN THIS CLASS – MIN. OF 10 HORSES IN EACH CLASS FOR PAYBACK.

1.$20.00 OPEN SHOWMANSHIP** 8.$20.00 OPEN PLEASURE**

2.$5.00 OPEN HALTER 9.$5.00 WALK TROT 10 & UNDER

3.$5.00 LEADLINE 6 & UNDER 10.$5.00 WALK TROT 18 & UNDER

4.$5.00 HUNTER UNDER SADDLE 11.$5.00 WALK TROT 19 & OVER

5.$5.00 EQUITATION 12.$20.00 OPEN WALK TROT**

6.$5.00 JR. HORSE PLEASURE 13. $5.00 OPEN TRAIL

7.$5.00 JR. PLEASURE 18 & UNDER

A HIGH POINT AWARD WILL BE GIVEN AT THE END OF THE SHOW.

Hee Hee, For get the high point... Ill be lucky to be alive! Secrets first show! affraid

Last edited by Triple J Quarter Horses on June 10th 2008, 5:48 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
denibun

PostSubject: Re: Kay-where did you end up this weekend?   Kay-where did you end up this weekend? Icon_minitimeJune 10th 2008, 5:31 pm

So, are you coming???
Back to top Go down
Triple J Quarter Horses

Triple J Quarter Horses

PostSubject: Re: Kay-where did you end up this weekend?   Kay-where did you end up this weekend? Icon_minitimeJune 10th 2008, 5:47 pm

I email her, She said the last halter call was 17!
Class Averages, 13-15 to a class. Not bad!

I will have to see what the Nobles want to do. We will be hauling togather. scratch

SO the way you take it is,
100.00 Added to Open Halter, Open Showmanship, Open Walk Trot???
There arena if I remember right... scratch Is sort of down in valley, like Ohio Co. I think scratch
Back to top Go down
denibun

PostSubject: Re: Kay-where did you end up this weekend?   Kay-where did you end up this weekend? Icon_minitimeJune 10th 2008, 5:54 pm

I'm not sure on all that stuff and I've never been to lynnville before only to boonville. This'll be my first time there if it doesn't rain us out. I'm keeping my fingers crossed.

denise
Back to top Go down
Triple J Quarter Horses

Triple J Quarter Horses

PostSubject: Re: Kay-where did you end up this weekend?   Kay-where did you end up this weekend? Icon_minitimeJune 10th 2008, 11:41 pm

Sounds like Cowboys for us, Do you know what time it starts? Just thinking about 4-H state for now. I guess.
Back to top Go down
denibun

PostSubject: Re: Kay-where did you end up this weekend?   Kay-where did you end up this weekend? Icon_minitimeJune 11th 2008, 9:18 am

It says the afternoon sh ow (which is all the western stuff ) starts at 1 pm. All classes are $3. They'll have youth sms (18 and under), youth walk trot (13 and under), open walk/trot, WP (18 and under), Open WP and then the games. Will you go to sturgis if it rains?

Denise
Back to top Go down
Triple J Quarter Horses

Triple J Quarter Horses

PostSubject: Re: Kay-where did you end up this weekend?   Kay-where did you end up this weekend? Icon_minitimeJune 11th 2008, 9:54 am

If it rains, Yet, Im going to sturgis.

Fun Horse Show 6:00 PM
Kassy Scates 270-389-1402
Kirsten Mason 270-389-4545
$20.00 Entry Fee
Union Co Fair show.
Back to top Go down
Triple J Quarter Horses

Triple J Quarter Horses

PostSubject: Re: Kay-where did you end up this weekend?   Kay-where did you end up this weekend? Icon_minitimeJune 13th 2008, 11:41 am

affraid It is POURING, The police and Firetrucks are running all over town. Street flooding, the whole ball of wax.. And the big storms arent here yet, SOOOO where do you think we are going??? scratch Unless its just this side of the river? confused
Back to top Go down
denibun

PostSubject: Re: Kay-where did you end up this weekend?   Kay-where did you end up this weekend? Icon_minitimeJune 13th 2008, 11:56 am

Yup. It's pouring here too. I'm not sure what to do. Mad
Back to top Go down
denibun

PostSubject: Re: Kay-where did you end up this weekend?   Kay-where did you end up this weekend? Icon_minitimeJune 13th 2008, 12:00 pm

The Lynnville show doesn't start til noon. Maybe the rain will end early this afternoon and they can get the arena dried up. pray
Back to top Go down
Triple J Quarter Horses

Triple J Quarter Horses

PostSubject: Re: Kay-where did you end up this weekend?   Kay-where did you end up this weekend? Icon_minitimeJune 13th 2008, 3:11 pm

RAIN RAIN GO AWAY! COME AGAIN ANOTHER DAY! No
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Kay-where did you end up this weekend?   Kay-where did you end up this weekend? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Kay-where did you end up this weekend?
Page 1 of 1