Equine Online
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Equine Online

Everything Horses

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

My Weekend...

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
SilverBuckleHorses

SilverBuckleHorses

Number of posts : 636
Registration date : 2007-02-08

My Weekend... Empty
PostSubject: My Weekend...   My Weekend... Icon_minitimeMarch 30th 2009, 11:26 am

So I had a really nice birthday, thank you guys for your good wishes Smile On Saturday I had a rodeo to go too, Larry and I did really well. I am riding him in something really similar to Martha Josey's million dollar combo. He does SO much better and the mouth piece is so much better for him too (twisted wire snaffle). I was just really happy with how it worked with him and he was keeping his head down lower without a tie down! So that meant I could keep my hands lower too, which I felt better about. We didn't run fantastic times, but we still ended up with three 2nd places and one 3rd place, putting us in reserve high point for the day. But, here's why I was off...

I took two other horses to ride that day, Jet and Shelby. Jet was freaking amazing... Oh my gosh he didn't buck or rear or even duck early into the barrel like the last time I took him out in October. We went really slow and I didn't wear spurs because I couldn't. I was a super proud mamma at the end of the day though, I love my boy.

Shelby was a different story. Shelby was the second ride of the day for me and then I needed to ride about six more times. She went into the barrel pattern and did really well, I mean, this mare can go and she can turn up a storm. But, when we got to the third barrel, she totally blew up and went all bronc on me. Have no clue why, but that is very Shelby. Every time I've taken her out she bucks. It's getting on my nerves and irritating me because if she could just get over her little explosions, she could be such an amazing barrel horse. Well, it took about four hard bucks and I lost a stirrup and lost some timing and I hit the ground really hard. I ended up bruising my foot right too the bone and getting pretty bumped up all over lol. I had to ride the rest of my rides, so latter that night I went to the ER to make sure I really didn't break anything... But anyways, here's some pictures!

My Weekend... 4
Shelby while she's still innocent.

My Weekend... 040-2
Shelby bucking me off.

My Weekend... 7-1
A horse with no rider.

My Weekend... 8-1
Mom says we need to do this again. No bucking.

My Weekend... 11-1
Jet, the good boy.

My Weekend... 036-1
Larry and I, running home.

My Weekend... 049-1
Getting started.

I think I've got some videos I can upload, have to do it later though Smile Thanks for reading!
Back to top Go down
http://www.silverbucklehorses.cjb.net
denibun

Number of posts : 638

My Weekend... Empty
PostSubject: Re: My Weekend...   My Weekend... Icon_minitimeMarch 30th 2009, 11:44 am

Shelby added a new event to your rodeo, didn't she. Glad you're okay.
Back to top Go down
Bluejay

Bluejay

Number of posts : 2415
Registration date : 2007-02-07

My Weekend... Empty
PostSubject: Re: My Weekend...   My Weekend... Icon_minitimeMarch 30th 2009, 8:46 pm

BAD GIRL... No I rest my case about staying on the ground. lol!

Just thought I would through that in since you are older now.. lol!
Back to top Go down
http://www.itsmysite.com/bissellquarterhorses
SilverBuckleHorses

SilverBuckleHorses

My Weekend... Empty
PostSubject: Re: My Weekend...   My Weekend... Icon_minitimeMarch 30th 2009, 10:02 pm

LOL I know, right? I'm feeling this one too, trust me. My ankle is all kinds of swollen and is pretty much every shade of the rainbow.

Rotten little bugger... Oh well, I betcha she's gonna think twice about doing it next time LOL
Back to top Go down
Bucks&Blues

Bucks&Blues

Number of posts : 548
Registration date : 2007-02-10

My Weekend... Empty
PostSubject: Re: My Weekend...   My Weekend... Icon_minitimeMarch 30th 2009, 10:02 pm

Oh my goodness that second picture! You were literally above your horse. I hate it when that happens. It really ticks me off. At least you did the real cowgirl thing by picking yourself up and dusting off your pants, to ride again!

Im always sore on the second day. How are you feeling?
Back to top Go down
SilverBuckleHorses

SilverBuckleHorses

My Weekend... Empty
PostSubject: Re: My Weekend...   My Weekend... Icon_minitimeMarch 30th 2009, 10:06 pm

Yeah Blues, I got my first standing ovation for that one lol. I was so pissed before I even hit the ground that I totally skipped the dusting off the pants thing haha... I just limped back over and got back on (with the help of a friend shoving my butt back up lol)

It pretty much just hurts the same. I put my boots on today cause I had some stuff to do, regretting that now because it's a lot worse. Oh well, I'm so medicated I can hardly feel anything but my ankle lol.
Back to top Go down
Bucks&Blues

Bucks&Blues

My Weekend... Empty
PostSubject: Re: My Weekend...   My Weekend... Icon_minitimeMarch 30th 2009, 10:11 pm

Does she do this anytime you get on her? Has she ever had a visit from the chiro? I truly believe they help. Maybe shes out of wack?
Back to top Go down
SilverBuckleHorses

SilverBuckleHorses

My Weekend... Empty
PostSubject: Re: My Weekend...   My Weekend... Icon_minitimeMarch 30th 2009, 10:15 pm

It's pretty much just when we go out to somewhere new. I warmed her up for half an hour before I even took her in the class. She rides super nice at home. You'd think with being shown at worlds in halter and SMS she wouldn't do the attitude thing like that, but, I'm just gonna keep on with her till she gets over it.

I would totally consider the chiro if she did it all the time, but she just has her bitchy moments.
Back to top Go down
Bucks&Blues

Bucks&Blues

My Weekend... Empty
PostSubject: Re: My Weekend...   My Weekend... Icon_minitimeMarch 30th 2009, 10:17 pm

Good to hear you are going to stick to her. At my barn, the first time a horse bucks, the owners either never ride them again or sell the horse. You need to come to Texas and hit up our playdays pennings and sortings!
Back to top Go down
SilverBuckleHorses

SilverBuckleHorses

My Weekend... Empty
PostSubject: Re: My Weekend...   My Weekend... Icon_minitimeMarch 30th 2009, 10:23 pm

I'm really hoping to move to Texas in the next two years, then we can go play! I haven't been sorting on Larry since fall and I really miss it.

I have too much $$$ invested in this mare and she has too much potential to write her off. I'll ride her till she quits and she will quit once she realizes life is a lot harder when she bucks and she has to work till she can't breathe. But yah know, that's just me. Sometimes it kills someone's confidence when their horse bucks them. To me, it's just a good challenge. Sure will make it a lot more rewarding when she wins for the first time... and I'll always have that picture to remind me where we started out Smile
Back to top Go down
Bluejay

Bluejay

Number of posts : 2415
Registration date : 2007-02-07

My Weekend... Empty
PostSubject: Re: My Weekend...   My Weekend... Icon_minitimeMarch 31st 2009, 1:51 pm

Horse's that get shown a lot can do get bad attitudes about the show pen and will rebel. Halter is especially boring for a horse. Basketball
Back to top Go down
http://www.itsmysite.com/bissellquarterhorses
Sponsored content

My Weekend... Empty
PostSubject: Re: My Weekend...   My Weekend... Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

My Weekend...
Page 1 of 1