Equine Online
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Equine Online

Everything Horses

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

I'm showing this weekend!

Go down 
+2
7cedars
RoanRider420
6 posters
AuthorMessage
RoanRider420

RoanRider420

Number of posts : 243
Registration date : 2007-07-05

I'm showing this weekend! Empty
PostSubject: I'm showing this weekend!   I'm showing this weekend! Icon_minitimeJuly 12th 2007, 10:04 pm

I got to the barn tonight and my trainer said "Hey let's go to the Christian County Fair on Saturday"! It's about 2 hours from here. So I'm going to show Janie in halter and walk trot (she's not ready to show at the lope quite yet) and Sarah is taking a stud that she is training for western riding to show him in the pleasure classes. It's my first show with my new trainer, I'm so excited! It'll also be my first time showing Janie in the bosal, I showed her in a snaffle at the other shows we went to. THANK GOD they don't have adult showmanship because Sarah was going to make me go in it even though we just started Janie on it a week ago! The weather here is supposed to be beautiful, mid 80s and sunny. Hopefully I can get some good pictures!
Back to top Go down
RoanRider420

RoanRider420

PostSubject: Re: I'm showing this weekend!   I'm showing this weekend! Icon_minitimeJuly 12th 2007, 10:22 pm

Hey Sheila, Kelly, Kay, all you halter ladies...I'm showing in halter and it's an open show at a county fair. Nice $$ payback. Will I be OK wearing some nice jeans and my Wrangler pink & white check "Breast Cancer Pink Ribbon" shirt or do you think I should wear my showmanship outfit?
Back to top Go down
7cedars

Number of posts : 1667
Registration date : 2007-02-08

PostSubject: Re: I'm showing this weekend!   I'm showing this weekend! Icon_minitimeJuly 13th 2007, 9:21 am

Most definitely you can wear that for halter! In fact, my favorite outfit to show in, even at quarter shows is starched jeans, a light pink starched cotton shirt.

You'll do great! No worries! Breathe and focus!
Back to top Go down
Triple J Quarter Horses

Triple J Quarter Horses

Number of posts : 2228

PostSubject: Re: I'm showing this weekend!   I'm showing this weekend! Icon_minitimeJuly 13th 2007, 9:31 am

Wish I had my halter horse at home, Id meet you there! Clean and Crisp. Sounds good. Good Luck! Do we get to split the winnings with ya! Cha Ching!
Back to top Go down
RoanRider420

RoanRider420

PostSubject: Re: I'm showing this weekend!   I'm showing this weekend! Icon_minitimeJuly 13th 2007, 9:51 am

Cool! Thanks! I'll have to wear my black felt hat though, I don't have a straw one...unless I take a quick trip to the western store today, LOL!
Have you seen those Pink Ribbon shirts? I love mine, it's a pink & white gingham check with the pink ribbon embroidered on the pocket.
Back to top Go down
Triple J Quarter Horses

Triple J Quarter Horses

PostSubject: Re: I'm showing this weekend!   I'm showing this weekend! Icon_minitimeJuly 13th 2007, 9:59 am

Yes I have, Just the wrong color for me. But I love them.
Back to top Go down
RoanRider420

RoanRider420

PostSubject: Re: I'm showing this weekend!   I'm showing this weekend! Icon_minitimeJuly 13th 2007, 10:44 am

Yeah, pink doesn't look so good with the pallys, I don't think.

Hey, the weekend of Sept. 21-23 there is an AQHA and a PHBA show both at the same time at Gordyville. You should come up!
Back to top Go down
Triple J Quarter Horses

Triple J Quarter Horses

PostSubject: Re: I'm showing this weekend!   I'm showing this weekend! Icon_minitimeJuly 13th 2007, 12:55 pm

My Stud died a couple of weeks ago, The only Pally I have now is a weanling, I have 3 futurties coming up, Of corse 2 of them are in September on is a Rainbow Futurity. I guess I should get him broke to stand still! Laughing
Back to top Go down
RoanRider420

RoanRider420

PostSubject: Re: I'm showing this weekend!   I'm showing this weekend! Icon_minitimeJuly 13th 2007, 1:34 pm

I thought you had some geldings too. Maybe you'll buy one before September. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
RoanRider420

RoanRider420

PostSubject: Re: I'm showing this weekend!   I'm showing this weekend! Icon_minitimeJuly 14th 2007, 6:27 pm

We got 1st out of 14 in halter and won $60!! She didn't get used in the walk trot, but it was her first time being shown in a bosal and she was SO good. My trainer also made me take her in the Jr. Pleasure, she wasn't collected up enough to get used, but she was reasonably slow and her head was decent. The judge was watching her, but she missed her lead to the left. Probably my fault, as that is her strong side. Oh well, she's 2-year old after all. She stood tied to the trailer like a good girl eating her hay all day, loaded & unloaded great. My trainer won $150 with the stud horse she took. We had a lot of fun and I was very happy with both myself and Janie. And I'm really, really glad to be home. It was hot and dirty. Tomorrow I get to clean up the LQ of my trailer. Ugh.
Back to top Go down
RoanRider420

RoanRider420

PostSubject: Re: I'm showing this weekend!   I'm showing this weekend! Icon_minitimeJuly 14th 2007, 6:49 pm

Unfortunately Joe wasn't with us and Sarah & I didn't have time to take pictures of each other! So here is all I got...

Janie tied to the trailer
I'm showing this weekend! IMG_1135

My trainer warming up the stud she showed (excuse the sunglasses, it was SO sunny today that it gave both of us headaches)
I'm showing this weekend! IMG_1136
Back to top Go down
standbytrucker

standbytrucker

Number of posts : 218
Registration date : 2007-02-22

PostSubject: Re: I'm showing this weekend!   I'm showing this weekend! Icon_minitimeJuly 15th 2007, 9:32 pm

aww! congrats!! MORE Pics!! !!

Janie sure has grown up! alot!
Back to top Go down
Lynn M.

Lynn M.

Number of posts : 1034

PostSubject: Re: I'm showing this weekend!   I'm showing this weekend! Icon_minitimeJuly 15th 2007, 11:07 pm

CONGRATS cheering cheering cheering
Back to top Go down
RoanRider420

RoanRider420

PostSubject: Re: I'm showing this weekend!   I'm showing this weekend! Icon_minitimeJuly 16th 2007, 7:41 am

Thanks guys!!
Funny story, the pic of my trainer riding the stud, see where the piece of his tail is separated from the extension? Well, that's all the tail he has!!! Just that little bit. The owner had him at home and another horse got his tail through a crack in the stall and chewed it off! My trainer calls him her "little cob pony", LOL!
Back to top Go down
PHENOMADACIOUS

PHENOMADACIOUS

Number of posts : 424

PostSubject: Re: I'm showing this weekend!   I'm showing this weekend! Icon_minitimeJuly 16th 2007, 11:13 am

Good Job!!! I'm glad you wore the shirt and jeans... I remember my first AQHA show I wore my showmanship outfit to show Phenom in Halter...I don't think I'll EVER live that down! Rolling Eyes
Do you have a link to that shirt? study I want one! bounce
Back to top Go down
RoanRider420

RoanRider420

PostSubject: Re: I'm showing this weekend!   I'm showing this weekend! Icon_minitimeJuly 16th 2007, 12:04 pm

I got that shirt at a farm supply store in Monett, MO! It's a men's size XS, I didn't even know they made size XS in mens. I THINK this might be it, but I can't tell. Mine is a very, very small pink and white check.
http://www.wranglerwestern.com/Catalog/men/collection_tetwp/MTP200M
Back to top Go down
PHENOMADACIOUS

PHENOMADACIOUS

Number of posts : 424

PostSubject: Re: I'm showing this weekend!   I'm showing this weekend! Icon_minitimeJuly 16th 2007, 12:42 pm

Thanks! riding
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: I'm showing this weekend!   I'm showing this weekend! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

I'm showing this weekend!
Page 1 of 1