Equine Online
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Equine Online

Everything Horses

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Home made...

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
SilverBuckleHorses

SilverBuckleHorses

Number of posts : 636
Registration date : 2007-02-08

Home made... Empty
PostSubject: Home made...   Home made... Icon_minitimeDecember 27th 2007, 1:56 am

Last year for my birthday, I asked for a sewing machine, which I got. Until now, I could not use it because it frustrated me more than ANY horse ever has. But, now that I'm using it and going well, I've been making some horsie stuff. So far, I've successfully made tail bags, and I'm working on making Cowgirl an awesome slinky right now (as soon as I salvage the zipper from a chewed up one). I'm also planning on making bandage wraps for shows that match the slinky and tail bags. What I was wondering, is if any of you have any other ideas on stuff to make??? I'm in a creative mood and need some fresh inspiration. I have to say, I love sewing on my sewing machine, now that I know how to use it. I will take pictures of everything when it's done!
Back to top Go down
http://www.silverbucklehorses.cjb.net
7cedars

Number of posts : 1667

Home made... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Home made...   Home made... Icon_minitimeDecember 27th 2007, 10:06 am

Try making show halter bags or headstall bags, might even try your hand at making a saddle cover, boot bag, etc.
Back to top Go down
reiningfan

reiningfan

Number of posts : 699
Registration date : 2007-02-13

Home made... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Home made...   Home made... Icon_minitimeDecember 28th 2007, 11:51 am

a saddle blanket bag would be an easy enough project. You could just whip one of them up in no time.
Back to top Go down
Triple J Quarter Horses

Triple J Quarter Horses

Number of posts : 2228

Home made... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Home made...   Home made... Icon_minitimeDecember 28th 2007, 1:00 pm

Once you get that figured out, get a serger, you'll love that as well! Time saving too.
Back to top Go down
SilverBuckleHorses

SilverBuckleHorses

Home made... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Home made...   Home made... Icon_minitimeDecember 28th 2007, 1:59 pm

TJ, what's a serger??? Ahh, I really like sewing and now I have a new hobby other than horses (and it's SOOOO much cheaper). The really cool thing about it is I am saving myself a lot of money because I don't have to buy a lot of things for my horses now. I shop the $1.00 a yard section at walmart and find all kinds of lycra material. I'm sewing a slinky, boot covers, and tail bag for Cowgirl that all match and it's only costing me $5.00 (including thread) lol. And I like doing it, it relaxes me lol. I just finished making Lady a lime green set of four boot covers to go over her SMBs and a tail bag. Thanks for all the ideas, I especially like the idea of making all the things to cover tack and blankets, I'm going to have to find some material for those.
Back to top Go down
Triple J Quarter Horses

Triple J Quarter Horses

Number of posts : 2228

Home made... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Home made...   Home made... Icon_minitimeDecember 28th 2007, 4:29 pm

http://cgi.ebay.com/BRAND-NEW-SINGER-14SH654-SERGER-with-4-3-Thread_W0QQitemZ230202721230QQihZ013QQcategoryZ3118QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

This is a serger, Look inside of you shirt or the hem of a dress, See the finished edges on the hem and side seams, that is a serge stitch. No Fraying this way and you get great finished edges.

Check here
http://www.suitability.com/SearchResults.asp?Cat=33
Youll love this.
Now if you sew for yourself the patterns run small
Back to top Go down
7cedars

Number of posts : 1667

Home made... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Home made...   Home made... Icon_minitimeDecember 29th 2007, 12:14 pm

Criminey sakes, Kay, you take all the fun out of it using a serger! I think that's cheating! HA!

You know to this day, I've not used one. Mom's always yapping at me to do so - like I sew all the time now... criminey! Too much thread and threading for my little mind to deal with!
Back to top Go down
SilverBuckleHorses

SilverBuckleHorses

Home made... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Home made...   Home made... Icon_minitimeDecember 29th 2007, 11:01 pm

I've been looking at the serger, looked at Walmart, think I'll look online though to see if I can get any cheaper. I finished Lady's set last night, she's wearing her tail bag now and I tried her boot set on her. I took some pictures too ;o) The ones with Lady in it, the boots I made are over SMBs both front and back. Althought the color looks washed out in the pictures, the color is a lime green.

The set, minus the tail bag. I made a bag to keep it all in.
Home made... 12-29-20077-46-45PM_0004

Lady, with the whole set on, she's kind of dirty, sorry.
Home made... 12-29-20077-22-44PM_0004
Home made... 12-29-20077-22-48PM_0005
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Home made... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Home made...   Home made... Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Home made...
Page 1 of 1