Equine Online
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Equine Online

Everything Horses

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Quarter show bill - performance halter

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
7cedars

Number of posts : 1667
Registration date : 2007-02-08

Quarter show bill - performance halter Empty
PostSubject: Quarter show bill - performance halter   Quarter show bill - performance halter Icon_minitimeMarch 4th 2007, 6:15 pm

I was looking at a quarter show bill and it said this about the performance halter class:

"To be eligible to compete in the performance halter class, a
Register of Merit in performance or racing must have been earned and
recorded on the horse's record; this ROM must have been earned in the
division in which it is to compete at the show
."

Now do you guys take that to mean that to be in performance halter, they had to have gotten a ROM and actually show in that class they earned the ROM in to be in performance halter at that show?
Back to top Go down
B2

PostSubject: Re: Quarter show bill - performance halter   Quarter show bill - performance halter Icon_minitimeMarch 4th 2007, 6:31 pm

I think that means you have your ROM in youth reining then the only PH you can show in is Youth. AMT ROM in say WP then you can only show in AMT PH.
Back to top Go down
Kim

Number of posts : 99
Registration date : 2007-02-07

PostSubject: Re: Quarter show bill - performance halter   Quarter show bill - performance halter Icon_minitimeMarch 4th 2007, 6:46 pm

I took it the way Tara said

Because they didn't say class they said division ... so bernie has a youth ROM ... so he shows in the Youth (division) performance halter
Back to top Go down
7cedars

PostSubject: Re: Quarter show bill - performance halter   Quarter show bill - performance halter Icon_minitimeMarch 4th 2007, 7:17 pm

So you're saying if a horse had a ROM in open reining, he has to show in open performance... and that the divisions are youth, amateur and open?

But the "compete at the show", does that not make you think that if they're in amateur WP, they actually have to show in amateur WP at that show, if they want to show in performance halter also at the same show?
Back to top Go down
B2

PostSubject: Re: Quarter show bill - performance halter   Quarter show bill - performance halter Icon_minitimeMarch 4th 2007, 7:24 pm

>>>"To be eligible to compete in the performance halter class, a
Register of Merit in performance or racing must have been earned and
recorded on the horse's record; this ROM must have been earned in the
."<<

the highlighted part just means that the ROM must have been earned in say youth to show in the Youth PH at a show. They are making sure to clarify that everyone realizes that just because a horse has an ROM in say Open WP that does not mean their kid can show that horse in Youth PH
Back to top Go down
7cedars

PostSubject: Re: Quarter show bill - performance halter   Quarter show bill - performance halter Icon_minitimeMarch 5th 2007, 10:05 am

Okie doke... I just needed that clarified... something about the way it was worded made me wonder what the heck....
Back to top Go down
shazgeoff

shazgeoff

Number of posts : 850
Registration date : 2007-02-10

PostSubject: Re: Quarter show bill - performance halter   Quarter show bill - performance halter Icon_minitimeMarch 5th 2007, 11:38 am

me too im toatally confued now.scratch scratch
Back to top Go down
Bucks&Blues

Bucks&Blues

Number of posts : 548
Registration date : 2007-02-10

PostSubject: Re: Quarter show bill - performance halter   Quarter show bill - performance halter Icon_minitimeMarch 5th 2007, 12:00 pm

I took it the way 7Cedars did. It made it sound like you had to show in that specific class that it had an ROM in.

Now that I have re-read it 3 times, I get it now...
Back to top Go down
B2

PostSubject: Re: Quarter show bill - performance halter   Quarter show bill - performance halter Icon_minitimeMarch 5th 2007, 12:43 pm

shazgeoff wrote:
me too im toatally confued now.scratch scratch

Don't be confused the key word in the highlighted sentence below...

this ROM must have been earned in the
."<<

Is DIVISION as in AMT Open Youth those are the divisions. So like I said its just saying you can't show your youth ROM horse in the Open or amt division of PH
Back to top Go down
7cedars

PostSubject: Re: Quarter show bill - performance halter   Quarter show bill - performance halter Icon_minitimeMarch 5th 2007, 12:54 pm

But do you take it to mean that, for example:

If I have a ROM in showmanship in amateur, that to show in performance halter at a particular show, I must ALSO show in showmanship in amateur at that same show, in order to show in performance halter?

If that made any sense whatsoever....
Back to top Go down
B1

PostSubject: Re: Quarter show bill - performance halter   Quarter show bill - performance halter Icon_minitimeMarch 5th 2007, 12:59 pm

The show committee would never be able to control that because the halter classes are in the morning - so they'd have to watch all these entries to make SURE they showed in the respective class later in the day.

The Division is ONLY relative to the Youth/Am/Open, not the actual classes, and it just means that if you want to show in OPEN PH you must have an OPEN performance ROM - not that you have to show in an Open Performance class that weekend.
Back to top Go down
B2

PostSubject: Re: Quarter show bill - performance halter   Quarter show bill - performance halter Icon_minitimeMarch 5th 2007, 1:00 pm

I called AQHA just now to make sure what I said was correct and I am. That paragraph is only clarifying that if you have an ROM in a particualr division IE Youth the horse can ONLY show in Youth PH

edited to also add that no you do not have to show in the class you got your ROM in to show at a particualr show in PH. You have an ROM then you can just go to the show and only show in say the PH class and then just go home
Back to top Go down
Triple J Quarter Horses

Triple J Quarter Horses

Number of posts : 2228

PostSubject: Re: Quarter show bill - performance halter   Quarter show bill - performance halter Icon_minitimeMarch 5th 2007, 2:29 pm

So the way I take it is..

Youth ROM. in Preformace classes = Youth Preformace haltler
Open ROM in Preformace = Open Performace Halter
Am. ROM in Preformace = Am. Preformace Halter.

Doesn't make a differance what class (s) you earn you Preformance ROM, You can show in Preformace Halter. But a horse that has a Preformace ROM in youth can not be shown in Open Preformace Halter. RIGHT? Smile
Back to top Go down
B2

PostSubject: Re: Quarter show bill - performance halter   Quarter show bill - performance halter Icon_minitimeMarch 5th 2007, 2:36 pm

>>Doesn't make a differance what class (s) you earn you Preformance ROM, You can show in Preformace Halter. But a horse that has a Preformace ROM in youth can not be shown in Open Preformace Halter. RIGHT? Smile<<

Exactly, if its a youth ROM then can only go in Youth PH same for open and amt
Back to top Go down
Triple J Quarter Horses

Triple J Quarter Horses

Number of posts : 2228

PostSubject: Re: Quarter show bill - performance halter   Quarter show bill - performance halter Icon_minitimeMarch 5th 2007, 2:48 pm

Tara why you were at it, did you tell them it stinks! Hee Hee jocolor
Back to top Go down
B2

PostSubject: Re: Quarter show bill - performance halter   Quarter show bill - performance halter Icon_minitimeMarch 5th 2007, 3:02 pm

Triple J Quarter Horses wrote:
Tara why you were at it, did you tell them it stinks! Hee Hee jocolor

LOL no but the lady was really nice and helpful, she even answered a couple other questions for me instead of transfering me to the department who could have answered my other questions.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Quarter show bill - performance halter   Quarter show bill - performance halter Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Quarter show bill - performance halter
Page 1 of 1