Equine Online
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Equine Online

Everything Horses

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Stupid question

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
reiningfan

reiningfan

Number of posts : 699
Registration date : 2007-02-13

Stupid question Empty
PostSubject: Stupid question   Stupid question Icon_minitimeFebruary 26th 2008, 7:20 pm

OK, so we have a 2 year old that is papered as a gelding, but he's not one yet. A woman is intereted in him, but as a stud. Anyone have any idea of how big a hassle it would be to get the AQHA to change him to being a stallion?
Back to top Go down
SSFarm2

SSFarm2

Number of posts : 177
Registration date : 2007-02-07

Stupid question Empty
PostSubject: Re: Stupid question   Stupid question Icon_minitimeFebruary 26th 2008, 7:49 pm

How did you get papers saying he is a gelding when he is really a stud.

When he was registered as a weanling his papers would have stated stallion. The only way to have gotten them changed to gelding is to have him gelded and you have to send a vet certificate saying he was geldeed.
Back to top Go down
Triple J Quarter Horses

Triple J Quarter Horses

Number of posts : 2228
Registration date : 2007-02-08

Stupid question Empty
PostSubject: Re: Stupid question   Stupid question Icon_minitimeFebruary 26th 2008, 10:05 pm

You could say OPPS, wrong box was checked scratch

Gosh, this should be interesting. Sell the sucker, call AQHA and Say Opps!
Back to top Go down
Kidd Kuhlmann

Kidd Kuhlmann

Number of posts : 942
Registration date : 2007-02-12

Stupid question Empty
PostSubject: Re: Stupid question   Stupid question Icon_minitimeFebruary 27th 2008, 11:12 am

AQHA is usually pretty good about such things...as long as it isn't AFTER they bred a mare Shocked

I'd just give them a call and say - hey - this is my problem - I checked the wrong box and didn't realize it until now....
Back to top Go down
http://www.kuhlmannequine.com
Bluejay

Bluejay

Number of posts : 2415

Stupid question Empty
PostSubject: Re: Stupid question   Stupid question Icon_minitimeFebruary 27th 2008, 10:31 pm

Good Lord.. HUM... Did some plans fall through? I have never heard of such a thing.. Either they have testies or they don't.. If they don't some one had them cut off.. Rolling Eyes Shocked booty nana lol!

They might fix it for you or have a lot of questions.. drunken
Back to top Go down
http://www.itsmysite.com/bissellquarterhorses
reiningfan

reiningfan

Number of posts : 699
Registration date : 2007-02-13

Stupid question Empty
PostSubject: Re: Stupid question   Stupid question Icon_minitimeMarch 4th 2008, 6:56 pm

The AQHA recommends that you register your babies as geldings if that is what you are planning to do. It keeps them from having to mark papers later. As the colt is Brennen's, we planned on gelding him so registered him as such. We've never sent in a vet report on other horses, just informed them that we had gelded a stud and they changed his papers. Apparently, they will change him for us, but it might end up as a hassle.
Back to top Go down
Bluejay

Bluejay

Number of posts : 2415

Stupid question Empty
PostSubject: Re: Stupid question   Stupid question Icon_minitimeMarch 6th 2008, 11:14 pm

HUM scratch I have never heard of such a thing.. But, I always paper mine right away.. If I geld them I put that on the transfer... Shocked
Back to top Go down
http://www.itsmysite.com/bissellquarterhorses
Sponsored content

Stupid question Empty
PostSubject: Re: Stupid question   Stupid question Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Stupid question
Page 1 of 1