Equine Online
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Equine Online

Everything Horses

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

What's with the weather?

Go down 
+7
Sip of Rum
Kidd Kuhlmann
Bluejay
SSFarm2
denibun
shazgeoff
reiningfan
11 posters
AuthorMessage
reiningfan

reiningfan

Number of posts : 699
Registration date : 2007-02-13

What's with the weather? Empty
PostSubject: What's with the weather?   What's with the weather? Icon_minitimeJanuary 29th 2008, 6:02 pm

On sunday, Brennen & I were out riding with our mitts off and jackets unzipped. Today, it's colder than -40 with the wind chill and school was cancelled. These are the days I wish I had round bale feeders, instead of having to fork hay.
And to top it all off, 2 weeks ago our internet went down. We had satellite internet and they had a problem with it. Now we wont have it back till spring. There goes checking out things while I defrost after doing chores. Ah well, I'm sure we'll live. Hard to sell horses over the net when our connection is down though. I had to drive into town and use the computer at the public library today. I had almost 200 e-mails to go through. Think I've got rid of more border collie pups, we had 10. We are down to 4 left to sell. The kids persuaded Wade that they are gonna keep some now that we got rid of their cat killing mother. Hope they don't start that.
Back to top Go down
shazgeoff

shazgeoff

Number of posts : 850
Registration date : 2007-02-10

PostSubject: Re: What's with the weather?   What's with the weather? Icon_minitimeJanuary 29th 2008, 6:12 pm

Cor snow whats that.

Over here its damp and rain,rain and more rain Mad .Weve had the wetest January on record but its been mild aswell.

Roll on the nice weather when i can ride without siezing up. cheers
Back to top Go down
denibun

Number of posts : 638
Registration date : 2007-02-08

PostSubject: Re: What's with the weather?   What's with the weather? Icon_minitimeJanuary 29th 2008, 6:19 pm

We're at 58 right now..expecting thunderstorms to come thru and it's supposed to drop to 22 degrees...brrr.
Back to top Go down
SSFarm2

SSFarm2

Number of posts : 177
Registration date : 2007-02-07

PostSubject: Re: What's with the weather?   What's with the weather? Icon_minitimeJanuary 29th 2008, 7:21 pm

Our temps were great today, but we are supposed to be getting nasty weather with 60mile hr. winds, rain changing to snow.
Back to top Go down
Bluejay

Bluejay

Number of posts : 2415

PostSubject: Re: What's with the weather?   What's with the weather? Icon_minitimeJanuary 29th 2008, 7:52 pm

We have two feet of snow No I am sick of snow.. affraid At least we are out of the teens for temp. Had to shut down the water in the barn and put out buckets.. I took those out on Sunday and fired up the auto waterers.. bounce
Back to top Go down
http://www.itsmysite.com/bissellquarterhorses
Kidd Kuhlmann

Kidd Kuhlmann

Number of posts : 942
Registration date : 2007-02-12

PostSubject: Re: What's with the weather?   What's with the weather? Icon_minitimeJanuary 29th 2008, 9:31 pm

Fed at my husband's work in a short sleeve t-shirt and jeans today...
went to the barn tonight and had to put on sweatshirt and beanie...
I don't like my ears to be cold!

Tomorrow should be chilly...ugh...at least we had sunshine even if it did come with WIND-WIND-WIND
Back to top Go down
http://www.kuhlmannequine.com
Sip of Rum

Sip of Rum

Number of posts : 565

PostSubject: Re: What's with the weather?   What's with the weather? Icon_minitimeJanuary 30th 2008, 12:29 am

BRRR!!! thats cold!!

Its in like the 50's here, its pretty nice as long as its not windy! Tomorrow is supposed to be windy so I'm gonna have to wear a jacket! Its nice though, I can't complain! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
standbytrucker

standbytrucker

Number of posts : 218
Registration date : 2007-02-22

PostSubject: Re: What's with the weather?   What's with the weather? Icon_minitimeJanuary 30th 2008, 11:06 am

ah im in the middle of moving to my brand new house, and its raining and windy and so nasty. i see a peak of blue skys. so crossing my fingers its just an early morning storm!! its not so cold today.. upper 40s. yay!
Back to top Go down
reiningfan

reiningfan

PostSubject: Re: What's with the weather?   What's with the weather? Icon_minitimeFebruary 1st 2008, 12:44 am

We had 2 days that it was so cold they had to cancel school. Today we drove from our place to my mother's. It's about a 4 hour drive. Most of it was good, then we hit high winds, icy roads and drifting snow the last 45 minutes. Not too fun. And I screwed up when I downloaded pictures onto a disk, so I can't even put up my new pics.
Back to top Go down
Bluejay

Bluejay

PostSubject: Re: What's with the weather?   What's with the weather? Icon_minitimeFebruary 2nd 2008, 2:59 pm

This is what we have been dealing with for a week now. We have never had this much snow.. scratch No

What's with the weather? Zkk26r

What's with the weather? Dmsf4j

The snow slpping off the roof has just about covered the side of the barn. The other side is just about to the roof.. I am really sick of it.. affraid
Back to top Go down
Rowdy, Anne & Razzle

Rowdy, Anne & Razzle

Number of posts : 119
Registration date : 2007-04-23

PostSubject: Re: What's with the weather?   What's with the weather? Icon_minitimeFebruary 2nd 2008, 3:04 pm

We had a little snow on Sunday and Monday then it has been nothing but buckets of rain! Mad
Back to top Go down
reiningfan

reiningfan

PostSubject: Re: What's with the weather?   What's with the weather? Icon_minitimeFebruary 2nd 2008, 3:10 pm

I'd much rather have to plow snow than deal with forking hay in -40 weather. At least it is done now and the forecast is for much warmer weather. I'm not wanting rain though, the wind shined things up enough without a slippery layer on ice over everything.
Back to top Go down
shazgeoff

shazgeoff

Number of posts : 850

PostSubject: Re: What's with the weather?   What's with the weather? Icon_minitimeFebruary 3rd 2008, 4:11 am

wow Bluejay thats a lot of snow but it sure looks beautiful. flower All we get here is rain,rain and more rain, Mad oh i must not forget the rain and wind.Its blowing a hooley here today just when ive got someone looking at my horse.Oh well at least they get to see her at her worst i suppose. riding

People up the road from us are in knee deep mud,luckily my horses are kept on gravely ground it drains well.
Back to top Go down
7cedars

Number of posts : 1667

PostSubject: Re: What's with the weather?   What's with the weather? Icon_minitimeFebruary 3rd 2008, 11:19 am

Bluejay, that's absolutely gorgeous - but I agree, too much to deal with if you have horses! Criminey, that's a lot of gosh-danged snow!

I'm so glad I don't have to deal with stuff like that.... whew!!!!
Back to top Go down
Bluejay

Bluejay

PostSubject: Re: What's with the weather?   What's with the weather? Icon_minitimeFebruary 3rd 2008, 7:52 pm

Well, it just keeps coming down. You cannot see the sides of my barn now.. Sad Sad It's really stressful getting out to go to work. At least it's not freezing and all the auto waters in the barn work. When it gets really cold we have to turn them off and pack buckets..

The snow plow even has to chain up to plow the roads.. I made it out and back in yesterday.. Now I have to do that for three more days.. I also have two paint studs that left CA a week ago and are stuck in Idaho waiting for the roads to open up.. No
Back to top Go down
7cedars

Number of posts : 1667

PostSubject: Re: What's with the weather?   What's with the weather? Icon_minitimeFebruary 4th 2008, 10:03 am

This will blow your mind... yesterday, like 68... today it's supposed to be 70 -crazy East Texas weather... we've got about 3 days of rain coming.

I'm in shorts as we speak... HA!
Back to top Go down
Bluejay

Bluejay

PostSubject: Re: What's with the weather?   What's with the weather? Icon_minitimeFebruary 4th 2008, 7:46 pm

STOP YOUR KILLING ME lol! The lean too stalls I use to put my mares in at weaning time came down yesterday from the weight of the snow.. Now we are worried about the roof over the motor home and the covered part of our decks.. MAKE IT STOP.... Sad No Mad
Back to top Go down
Ragdoll

Number of posts : 385
Registration date : 2007-04-02

PostSubject: Re: What's with the weather?   What's with the weather? Icon_minitimeFebruary 5th 2008, 12:39 am

We've gotten above 32* only a handful of days in over a month. It snows just enough to make the roads a mess. Sorta nice today...33* and partly cloudy. The trainer's wife is going to try to get Tucker here by the middle of the week....Then the snow starts again. Sure hope we don't have to load Angel in the dark!!!!!!!

I saw my first robin of the year today. He was looking in the window. I think he was begging to come in.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What's with the weather?   What's with the weather? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

What's with the weather?
Page 1 of 1