Equine Online
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Equine Online

Everything Horses

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

So whats your take on this?

Go down 
+7
Bluejay
Mare
7cedars
lovetoshow
Bucks&Blues
RoanRider420
Triple J Quarter Horses
11 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Triple J Quarter Horses

Triple J Quarter Horses

Number of posts : 2228
Registration date : 2007-02-08

So whats your take on this? Empty
PostSubject: So whats your take on this?   So whats your take on this? Icon_minitimeSeptember 10th 2007, 3:37 pm

http://www.halterhorse.org/browse.asp

What kind of shows would they have??? scratch

I mean halter classes are small enough! scratch

What is the purpose of this? scratch
Back to top Go down
RoanRider420

RoanRider420

Number of posts : 243
Registration date : 2007-07-05

PostSubject: Re: So whats your take on this?   So whats your take on this? Icon_minitimeSeptember 10th 2007, 3:47 pm

I wondered myself what the purpose of it is. I mean it sounds just like halter classes at an open show. So heck, what is the point? If you want to show in an open halter class, just go to an open show. Shoot, around here the halter classes at the open shows are bigger than all the AQHA combined AND they have payback!
Back to top Go down
Bucks&Blues

Bucks&Blues

Number of posts : 548
Registration date : 2007-02-10

PostSubject: Re: So whats your take on this?   So whats your take on this? Icon_minitimeSeptember 10th 2007, 4:04 pm

They are having a show later this month. It is just up the road from me. Maybe I should go check it out. I have a video camera so maybe I could get you a sneak peek.

Is it an association like AQHA, where you only get points at their shows? Or is it like you show at open shows and then just turn your points in at the end of every show?

I am curious to know how many big time QH breeders are a part of this association?
Back to top Go down
RoanRider420

RoanRider420

PostSubject: Re: So whats your take on this?   So whats your take on this? Icon_minitimeSeptember 10th 2007, 4:35 pm

They are saying that big time breeders are part of it, but I just have trouble believing that. Big time breeders want AQHA points, that is where their money comes from. You should go and check it out! You can be our "field reporter", LOL!
Back to top Go down
Triple J Quarter Horses

Triple J Quarter Horses

PostSubject: Re: So whats your take on this?   So whats your take on this? Icon_minitimeSeptember 10th 2007, 5:55 pm

Take a camera and check it out, Id love to see just how big the classes are and what it is all about, You could be our eyes and ears.
Back to top Go down
Bucks&Blues

Bucks&Blues

PostSubject: Re: So whats your take on this?   So whats your take on this? Icon_minitimeSeptember 10th 2007, 6:03 pm

I will take my video camera and give a full commentary. I am starting to think that this show is in conjunction with the open show series that they have at that arena where the AHHA show is going to be. I have shown there before, and thats wher I met Tara and Miracle.
Back to top Go down
RoanRider420

RoanRider420

PostSubject: Re: So whats your take on this?   So whats your take on this? Icon_minitimeSeptember 10th 2007, 6:30 pm

That would make more sense, to have it in conjunction with the open show. A show for halter horses only just doesn't seem like it would draw that many horses, at least in this area maybe it's different down there? Our halter classes at AQHA shows here are SO small, you're lucky to get a point. The performance halter classes are really big though.

Not to hijack the thread, but B&B have you seen the new Roan Horse Assn? I will PM you the info, they are trying to get NSBA approval, and already have a show scheduled for next year.
Back to top Go down
Bucks&Blues

Bucks&Blues

PostSubject: Re: So whats your take on this?   So whats your take on this? Icon_minitimeSeptember 10th 2007, 6:43 pm

No I havent heard of the roan association. Is it an all breed or QH? That would be cool if they got approved with NSBA, Vegas and I could do some classes, especially by next year.
Back to top Go down
lovetoshow

Number of posts : 57
Registration date : 2007-02-12

PostSubject: New Association??   So whats your take on this? Icon_minitimeSeptember 10th 2007, 9:25 pm

I have never heard of this one before ,and your right halter is small enough >>>>>>>
Back to top Go down
7cedars

Number of posts : 1667

PostSubject: Re: So whats your take on this?   So whats your take on this? Icon_minitimeSeptember 11th 2007, 7:45 am

They're trying to start up an association, so to speak, like NRHA, NCHA, etc. to have a voice to AQHA. Course the big boys are really the ones sponsoring it, and if the big boys show up, why would I want to show in a show like that, where they still win? I know to be a voting member, it's $500 to join.

If you go B&B, I guarantee you you'll see a bunch of jam-up halter horses!
Back to top Go down
Triple J Quarter Horses

Triple J Quarter Horses

PostSubject: Re: So whats your take on this?   So whats your take on this? Icon_minitimeSeptember 11th 2007, 9:35 am

Dang! $500.00 OUCH! Well, Dont think Ill be throwing my money away any time soon! No
Back to top Go down
Mare

Mare

Number of posts : 522
Registration date : 2007-04-16

PostSubject: Re: So whats your take on this?   So whats your take on this? Icon_minitimeSeptember 11th 2007, 4:31 pm

Its all gonna have to do with keeping the H/H horses in the show ring and being able to register them. I'll try to find the other group that also started up.

www.conformationhorse.com
Back to top Go down
lovetoshow

PostSubject: What the heck ??   So whats your take on this? Icon_minitimeSeptember 11th 2007, 8:32 pm

How about someone telling me what that is all about I can't make heads or tails about it I just keep seeing $500.00 founding membership fee ....
Back to top Go down
Bucks&Blues

Bucks&Blues

PostSubject: Re: So whats your take on this?   So whats your take on this? Icon_minitimeSeptember 11th 2007, 8:47 pm

Are you talking about the conformation horse group? I was wondering the same thing. How did they get members? Because there is nowhere on there for membership apps or dues/fees. That tells me that they hunted down whoever they wanted first for the "founding members". I guarentee there are some big names on the founding members list.

Am I wrong?
Back to top Go down
Bluejay

Bluejay

Number of posts : 2415
Registration date : 2007-02-07

PostSubject: Re: So whats your take on this?   So whats your take on this? Icon_minitimeSeptember 11th 2007, 9:28 pm

lol! Welll, HH horses are done. That does not mean they are not still crossing the NH to NH. They just through those away. I got the invite too.. Halter horses as we know them have become nothing but fat plugs (not all of them so no hate mail). They are drugged and pushed way past what a normal horse can do. Too much feed and standing around to get FAT.. That is why they break down. They die every day.. And the big timers do not give a crap. Oh, they say "we are so lost without so and so".. "Our hearts are broken" That is a bunch of CRAP pig

I do not know why they would want to pull out of AQHA.. They promote it and have articles everymonth about someone we know who does this to the horse to make it some thing it is not. I believe it was last month that Ina got the front page and a nice article written about her. I know these people personaly. And the four she talks about loosing. WELL HELLO!!! Her trainer and person who shows her horses also had a big lay out in the journal just a few months ago. These are the people where I live and have to compete against. I know them and what they do.. I could not believe that big stories in the journal about them. scratch FAKE and lots of money. That is all it is. And, that is why no one around here goes out. HELLO... Shocked Why would you..

Now, you all know I am not the greatest speller and screw. I went to the site and could not believe the typos.. LOL.. I would have some one that is better at this then myself proof what I was putting out before I sent it out.. And, what good does all that do me on the west coast? confused

I no longer have any NH horses.. I have no problem with an NH horse and love them just as much as my NN ones.. HH is pushing the line and I would never do that.. I take a lot of pride in my NN horses looking like they are NH.. That is a look I breed for.. I do not plan to join and as far as I am concerned it is just more of the same thing that keeps me at home.. coffee
Back to top Go down
http://www.itsmysite.com/bissellquarterhorses
RoanRider420

RoanRider420

PostSubject: Re: So whats your take on this?   So whats your take on this? Icon_minitimeSeptember 11th 2007, 9:37 pm

They made it sound like those 4 horses died in some sort of accident. It was HYPP??
Back to top Go down
Lynn M.

Lynn M.

Number of posts : 1034

PostSubject: Re: So whats your take on this?   So whats your take on this? Icon_minitimeSeptember 11th 2007, 9:54 pm

you say we are done with the HH horses but remember that is just in the AQHA in the APHA and in the APPYS they still don't even require the testing (as far as I know and that isn't much) so if that is correct just move those HH + studs or broodmares (that are still on records from before the change in ruling) on over to that arena and use them there those guys will eat it up I bet... they will serve a purpose kind of sad if you ask me and the HH will continue on and will continue to be a registered/registerable horse...
Back to top Go down
Bluejay

Bluejay

Number of posts : 2415
Registration date : 2007-02-07

PostSubject: Re: So whats your take on this?   So whats your take on this? Icon_minitimeSeptember 12th 2007, 11:59 am

One of those horses did die in an accident. The trainer had the trailer loaded and off the road he went. I know that he was injured as well from hitting his head as the truck and trailer rolled. I will give him credit for getting right out and attending to the horses. He has not been the same and does not drive much. I was told by one of his people he has dizzy spells and some sort of head injury now. The one that was killed was this horrible looking mare that they were not even showing when they got her there.. She was in the back of the trailer and the other horses crushed her when they rolled. Only one other horse got hurt and was fine later on. Sad This was everyones worst nightmare. affraid Crying or Very sad

The others died of over feeding, lack of work and too much JO JO juice to make them the size of elephants. Causing laminitis and colic.. Oh, and they had a ton of insurance on them. HUM, you would think who ever they insured with would get suspicous after a while.. I know she loves her horses.. But, it's all about winning and what ever it takes to get there.. She is out all season showing. She never touches the horse until it's time to enter the ring. She really is just a tiny lady too. When they stopped the lip chain thing it really had an impact on who she could handle. She had to get rid of some and get others she could handle. When she says they pick her right up she is not kidding. study

As far as the HH stuff in the other associations it's only a matter of time.. And, even people like myself that are not affraid to own an NH horse are not going to buy them. Being HH does not give you an edge in the ring.. So, for those who intentionally breed for HH, their days are numbered.. And all the hub bub about NH horses lets not forget the HERDA and other stuff that is out there. Those are a death sentence and found in the working lines.. Thank goodness there is a test for them now. But, you can bet there are breeders that will take their chance just as the HYPP do thinking they may or may not get the problem. No

Then there are those who just breed a horse to be breeding it. They are just as bad.. They are a big contributor to the saturated market of un wanted horses.. And the neglected ones that either die or if they are lucky end up in a good rescue. Some of the rescue's around here had to be shut down and horse rescued from them. Pretty bad when that happens.. Those people were prosicuted for animal neglect. They are so stupid they think they did nothing wrong. Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
http://www.itsmysite.com/bissellquarterhorses
lovetoshow

PostSubject: Halter Horses   So whats your take on this? Icon_minitimeSeptember 12th 2007, 9:31 pm

Well as a owner of horses both H/H and N/H and N/N I can assure you more horses die of colic in this country than of HYPP to state that halter horses are dying because they are fat and there foundering because there feet can't hold them up is a poor statement I feel any one who knows how to halter and has a quality halter horse wants it fit not fat .yes I have seen some tubs of lard and they are usally behind the fit horses in the class and those people are not understanding the true meaning or what a halter horse should look .And with business just like any other business money talks and the poorer people unless they have a once in a lifetime animal have a hard time getting around the high dollar horses no one really thinks about the work that goes into getting the halter horse ready not only the fitting part but the clipping and the coat prep you can go to the congress and watch the halter and tell who is on the ball and who isn't just by the way the horse looks its not all drugs I wish the AQHA would publish the results from last years drug testing to see how many were halter horses and how many were riders ,as far as
Equine Insurance I got it I and I pay a lot for it well over $3.000 a year I show and I want my horses protected both with life insurance and health insurance ,you never know what could happen .I understand peoples frustration I have a world calibur horse and I have stood behind the lady who takes 20 horses to the world show every year I know what it costs me to take one let alone 20 so I understand the frustration of a lot of amatuers with out trainers who work hard and go to a show to stand behind them .maybe they know how to get it done maybe that horse because it gets worked every day and rubbed on for 45 minutes 2 x a day and has the highest quality feed and a heated barn in the winter maybe that horse just wins because it deserves to because of the care its given and the work program its on and believe me this is not hate mail Im on both sides of the fence I have a trainer who I see choice weekends and meet my horse at the show and don't lift a finger unless I want to to get that horse ready he is handed to me at the show and I personally love it then back to reality I come home and get my other show horses ready and do all the work so I know it from both ends ..But I do understand what you are saying and your right there is a lot of big money behind that new conformation program lets hope they put it to good use ....and don't use it poorly and for personal gain
Back to top Go down
RoanRider420

RoanRider420

PostSubject: Re: So whats your take on this?   So whats your take on this? Icon_minitimeSeptember 12th 2007, 10:05 pm

Off topic, sorry, but lovetoshow aren't you in Indiana? Are you coming to Gordyville next weekend?
Back to top Go down
lovetoshow

PostSubject: RE;Indiana   So whats your take on this? Icon_minitimeSeptember 12th 2007, 10:09 pm

No Im not from Indiana but I show there .The Indy circiut and the youth show at New Castle ,
Back to top Go down
RoanRider420

RoanRider420

PostSubject: Re: So whats your take on this?   So whats your take on this? Icon_minitimeSeptember 13th 2007, 7:43 am

Are you coming over next weekend or is that too far for you?
Back to top Go down
lovetoshow

PostSubject: Weekend Show   So whats your take on this? Icon_minitimeSeptember 13th 2007, 10:11 am

I have 1 more show ,and its close to my house and Im taking my baby ,The big horse is done for the year ,if we were showing Congress this year which im not we would have been done showing,the first of Sept or the last of Aug. God willing I'll be in Indiana in the spring for the April shows do you show in New Castle ? is that far for you ...
Back to top Go down
RoanRider420

RoanRider420

PostSubject: Re: So whats your take on this?   So whats your take on this? Icon_minitimeSeptember 13th 2007, 10:59 am

I showed PHBA in New Castle, but we haven't been over there for AQHA. Maybe next year. It's just hard to motivate me to get off my butt and on the road when Gordyville is so close to us. Shows are getting so expensive that we're only doing about one AQHA a month.
Back to top Go down
Triple J Quarter Horses

Triple J Quarter Horses

PostSubject: Re: So whats your take on this?   So whats your take on this? Icon_minitimeSeptember 13th 2007, 12:02 pm

If my colt isnt sold Im going to Edinburgh IN. at the end of the month. Have your shown there Question
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: So whats your take on this?   So whats your take on this? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

So whats your take on this?
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next