Equine Online
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Equine Online

Everything Horses

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Whats everyone doing this Summer, it sure is quite on here!

Go down 
+10
CantJog
stockman
natmarie1122
7cedars
Ragdoll
Kidd Kuhlmann
Lynn M.
REINING CHICK
Cindy
Triple J Quarter Horses
14 posters
AuthorMessage
Triple J Quarter Horses

Triple J Quarter Horses

Number of posts : 2228
Registration date : 2007-02-08

Whats everyone doing this Summer, it sure is quite on here! Empty
PostSubject: Whats everyone doing this Summer, it sure is quite on here!   Whats everyone doing this Summer, it sure is quite on here! Icon_minitimeJune 20th 2007, 4:20 pm

sunny What ya doing this summer???

flower Planted some flowers.
riding Been Riding some.
icecream We made some home made Icecream and of corse got a brain freeze.
ily have had a few family get togathers.
rose Watched my yard and flowers die, No rain in weeks. No hay to be found. Who can I visit to buy Hay???????
yeah Getting ready for 4th of July.

How about you?
Back to top Go down
Cindy

Cindy

Number of posts : 871
Registration date : 2007-02-07

PostSubject: Re: Whats everyone doing this Summer, it sure is quite on here!   Whats everyone doing this Summer, it sure is quite on here! Icon_minitimeJune 20th 2007, 5:03 pm

Hmmmmmm, sold my bay mare. cheers Been swimming, been riding, been mowing, riding . Also, been spending lots of time with family this summer ily , haven't eat'en any icecream yet icecream but I plan on it! It been raining for days here scratch Hmmm middle of summer too! Oh well, as soon as it clears up gonna have some sand delivered and refill all the stalls! cheering As soon as that's done gonna rent out the extra 8 stalls!! kitty Other than that it's been a quiet sumer! lol!
Back to top Go down
http://www.rockin911.com
REINING CHICK

REINING CHICK

Number of posts : 343
Registration date : 2007-02-12

PostSubject: Re: Whats everyone doing this Summer, it sure is quite on here!   Whats everyone doing this Summer, it sure is quite on here! Icon_minitimeJune 20th 2007, 5:30 pm

well i moved out of my parents for a few weeks. now im back. long story. to sum it up my x room mate is a nut case. told me i cant have friends over he didnt know. mind you hes gay and so we where not dating LOL. other then that its so dang hot here in az its hard to work star. i just have to wait until about almost 7pm to even do anything.
had my bday party saturday.
thats about it cake
Back to top Go down
Lynn M.

Lynn M.

Number of posts : 1034

PostSubject: Re: Whats everyone doing this Summer, it sure is quite on here!   Whats everyone doing this Summer, it sure is quite on here! Icon_minitimeJune 20th 2007, 5:52 pm

Paperwork paperwork and more paperwork, then house rennovations and more of the same, fencing improvements, barn improvements, in between that trying to halter break 5 babies, start 2yr olds and get my 4 yr old ready for the show pen oh and praying studly makes the world show and still trying to hold down a full time job. We are also planning my in laws 50th wedding anniversary party. riding riding Lots of coffee in my life these days!!!!
Back to top Go down
Kidd Kuhlmann

Kidd Kuhlmann

Number of posts : 942
Registration date : 2007-02-12

PostSubject: Re: Whats everyone doing this Summer, it sure is quite on here!   Whats everyone doing this Summer, it sure is quite on here! Icon_minitimeJune 20th 2007, 5:54 pm

Well - we have 3 horses in training plus the dang paint who is about to have a name change to loony toony...he's bi-polar I think!!!! affraid a saint one moment and schitzo the next!!! Ummm...getting married on Saturday (6/23), cheering had a band say they couldn't do it so found a new band (all of this today) only to have the Old band say they weren't going to refund the deposit so now there is a HUGE fight going on with that Evil or Very Mad (Garrett is in charge of that mess - I'd go postal on the dad-gummed men that are screwing this up)...
3 legged dog has been sleeping till 10am and is mad that the AC in my truck went out (she LOVES the AC)coffee ...new flooring is being put in while we're gone...and I have yet to tell my bosses that I'm moving Rolling Eyes

When I get from the honeymoon i get to MOVE, possibly quit my job (that would be GREAT but probably not feasible), train the dang paint - he isn't gonna know what hit him both figuratively and most likely LITERALLY(maybe instead of naming him Loony Toony I should just rename him DP for Dang Paint)...also get to REALLY re-hab the filly that was starved!!!!!!!! She may even go back into race training (pending some x-rays and a full health exam)!!!!
Back to top Go down
http://www.kuhlmannequine.com
Ragdoll

Number of posts : 385
Registration date : 2007-04-02

PostSubject: Re: Whats everyone doing this Summer, it sure is quite on here!   Whats everyone doing this Summer, it sure is quite on here! Icon_minitimeJune 20th 2007, 8:18 pm

It's been a laugh a minute around here. I spent last Friday night in the hospital. High B/P. 203/109. Dr changed my med...I seem to be doing much better!!!!!!

Haven't heard from the trainer in almost a month now. Hmmmm.... She'll call when she wants more money.

Work....Work....Work..... "How May I Help You"?
Back to top Go down
Lynn M.

Lynn M.

Number of posts : 1034

PostSubject: Re: Whats everyone doing this Summer, it sure is quite on here!   Whats everyone doing this Summer, it sure is quite on here! Icon_minitimeJune 21st 2007, 12:36 am

nice to see Im not the only one with a crazy cyclops summer lol!
Back to top Go down
7cedars

Number of posts : 1667

PostSubject: Re: Whats everyone doing this Summer, it sure is quite on here!   Whats everyone doing this Summer, it sure is quite on here! Icon_minitimeJune 21st 2007, 8:35 am

Boy, isn't that the truth, Lynn! WHEW!

Well, let's see... had to deal with two funerals and everything that goes with it; Teena came, and we had a great time; boys are doing that summer camp mess with athletics, Trent's been working, trying to keep Dillon motivated and doing all the weedeating and mowing around here, since he's the only one that doesn't have a "job"... and I see a blow-up coming today.

Working my hiney off here lately, tons of work to do; working with Jazz, Scamp's almost 4-legged now... still have to wait a bit before I start working him, hopefully we can pull those gosh-danged babies this weekend, Rick's working nights this week, so I get this, what's for breakfast-type thingy...

Have had tons and tons of rain... half the time I have to lay a board down just to get in the garden... got my first 3 tomatoes the other day, and boy, are they sure good!!!!! Wish they'd hurry up! Mom and Dad and sister are on vacation for a month and a half, and Mom called yesterday and left me a message, and actually said the word freaking - she always gets on us for saying that, and me and Rick were listening to it, and we just died laughing - guess she had a bad day or something...

Speaking of homemade ice cream... man-oh-man that sounds good! Have to put that on my list for this weekend to do! WHEW! YUM!!!!
Back to top Go down
natmarie1122

natmarie1122

Number of posts : 84
Registration date : 2007-04-03

PostSubject: Re: Whats everyone doing this Summer, it sure is quite on here!   Whats everyone doing this Summer, it sure is quite on here! Icon_minitimeJune 21st 2007, 10:17 am

I've been riding soph every day and that's pretty much it. lol not very eventful but hey it passes time. I've been trying to get somewhat of a tan too but that isn't really working out in my favor haha
Back to top Go down
stockman

stockman

Number of posts : 356

PostSubject: Re: Whats everyone doing this Summer, it sure is quite on here!   Whats everyone doing this Summer, it sure is quite on here! Icon_minitimeJune 21st 2007, 10:31 am

Around here, we are riding lots, haying, working the farm, going to lots of horse shows and riding meets, going to the beach, and that's about all!! My son is also doing the summer sports camp thing pretty much every day all summer but he can drive himself this year so that's a HUGE load off my back!! (In addition to the chauffering, practice is NEVER over when it is supposed to be so there used to be plenty of waiting in the parking lot!)

It is way quieter on here but I think everyone is just outside with their horses now!! In the winter we could spend an awful lot more time talking about working our horses, now we can actually do it LOL!!
Back to top Go down
CantJog

Number of posts : 29
Registration date : 2007-03-29

PostSubject: Re: Whats everyone doing this Summer, it sure is quite on here!   Whats everyone doing this Summer, it sure is quite on here! Icon_minitimeJune 21st 2007, 12:26 pm

And I thought *I* have been busy Shocked

I took state boards yesterday; so have been studying EVERYDAY for a month Sad The test was a lot easier than I had imagined, LOL!

Been showing "My Boys" when possible. 2 weekends on... 2 off.... 2 on... etc. Hopefully Snoop can get his SMS superior finished this year. This is the first year we've concentrated on SMS, and it would be really cool!! Kid just needs 2 points to be able to show Perf Halter (crossing fingers for this weekend)

Ive accepted a position working a step down unit at one of the local hospitals. OMG I never would have imagined the amount of stuff to do before hand! That starts July 9th, and can't get here soon enough, lol!

RD, our black mare, had problems catching. We will find out Monday if she took this last cycle. Makes it harder driving 3.5 hours to drop her off/pick her up from the vet's.

In my spare time (haha) I visit my 2yo at the trainer's. We are using a different trainer with her. It has been difficult finding the time to visit her-- 8 hours on the road is an all day affair! She's doing pretty good. Just hit a minor road block as she is growing. When she left here, she was 15'1, last week she had to have been every bit of 15'3 Shocked Hocky is BAD unbalanced and is not wanting to break at the wither Crying or Very sad See what I mean? :

https://s66.photobucket.com/albums/h256/AlexTomei/Misc%20Pics/?action=view&current=Hocky_June009.flv

Hopefully after July, everything will be calmer (hahaha)

Last edited by on June 21st 2007, 4:10 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Sip of Rum

Sip of Rum

Number of posts : 565
Registration date : 2007-02-10

PostSubject: Re: Whats everyone doing this Summer, it sure is quite on here!   Whats everyone doing this Summer, it sure is quite on here! Icon_minitimeJune 21st 2007, 12:34 pm

O wow everyone sounds so busy!

Lets see here:

I went on Vaca for 2 weeks to the place I'm moving in Az. We bought a new house and its almost done..ya TWO weeks it took them..but everything else isn't done so its not like we can move in... Um last wednesday we left and drove straight through, all the way from AZ. WHAT a trip! hahah Yes I fell asleep while driving more than once..oopy haha

Now I'm just working for my dad a lot to get some extra cash, riding as much as possible and getting Cisco ready for the couple shows I get to hit before we move. I need to get this boy sold. If not then I think he's comming with! But I know that my dad doesn't really want to do that being its an extra 2000 miles for us to drive to bring him down...not getting a hauler.

This weekend I have a showmanship/pleasure/horsemanship/show grooming clinic with Cisco that i'm SO excited for! Our 4-H group set it up and the trainer is supposed to be AWSOME! Everyone there also gets like a short 15 minute "alone lesson" to help with one problem you have or that has come up during the clinic. Then next weekend I have my first show! Then the 4th..then my brother is comming home!!! and his wife...! haha Then the weekend after the 4th is our county fair...SOOOOOOO excited!! hahah and then after that is another horse show..then MOVING! YAY!!! hahahh

OO yah, did i mention this? On our vaca at our hotel i met the most awsome guy ever, he's the sweetest guy i've met in my life and I can't wait to get back to AZ. He's working there so he lives there on and off. 15 days he works then 6 day vaca. He's getting $25 and hour plus $75 a day..he has an awsome job and my parents really like him! He's getting all of that at the age of 18....yah insane is what i say!

All of this is happening while my sister and I are trying to run the house with my mom at her new job in AZ...crazy summer! haha
Back to top Go down
Triple J Quarter Horses

Triple J Quarter Horses

Number of posts : 2228

PostSubject: Re: Whats everyone doing this Summer, it sure is quite on here!   Whats everyone doing this Summer, it sure is quite on here! Icon_minitimeJune 21st 2007, 3:38 pm

CantJog OH MY GOODNESS! WHEN DO YOU SLEEP Sleep

Sip of Rum, So the move is on after all. Well at least you found out AZ isn't so terrible after all. I love you
Back to top Go down
CantJog

PostSubject: Re: Whats everyone doing this Summer, it sure is quite on here!   Whats everyone doing this Summer, it sure is quite on here! Icon_minitimeJune 21st 2007, 4:14 pm

It has been NUTS, LOL! I've started making calendars to schedule what I'm doing when Shocked
Back to top Go down
Kate and Paint

Number of posts : 197

PostSubject: Re: Whats everyone doing this Summer, it sure is quite on here!   Whats everyone doing this Summer, it sure is quite on here! Icon_minitimeJune 21st 2007, 4:23 pm

Wow! It sounds like everyone has had some fun (and hectic) this summer allready.

Mine has been really uneventful... I went to Disney World of course right at the begining. That was a blast! And I havent really done too much else since then. I went to one barrel race. And Ive been doin a little riding... when its not too wet, which it has been lately. I also talk to my bf a lot (about 3 hours a day.... Embarassed ) online or on facebook....

Acctually.... Im almost bored to tears LOL. I wish it would quit raining... but as I write this I hear the thunder of ANOTHER approaching storm. O well.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/all_texas_cowgirl
natmarie1122

natmarie1122

Number of posts : 84
Registration date : 2007-04-03

PostSubject: Re: Whats everyone doing this Summer, it sure is quite on here!   Whats everyone doing this Summer, it sure is quite on here! Icon_minitimeJune 21st 2007, 5:21 pm

ahh Sip of Rum looks like Arizona isn't gonna be all that bad... atleast you found a cute guy! and heyy he can pay the dates too =P
Back to top Go down
SuperLope

SuperLope

Number of posts : 300
Registration date : 2007-02-07

PostSubject: Re: Whats everyone doing this Summer, it sure is quite on here!   Whats everyone doing this Summer, it sure is quite on here! Icon_minitimeJune 21st 2007, 7:29 pm

I've been taking my finals (last one is Monday! but I don't have any tomorrow!)

Planning our horse show (www.freewebs.com/lhhshorseshow)
got the ribbons today found a lady in my town who makes ribbons! Yes someone in Podunk CT makes horse show ribbons and trophys -- talk about luck

Playing a bit of polo at UCONN sooo worth the 90 minute drive lol!

Riding and showing -- of course

I need to get my driving permit one of these days I've been 16 for over a month but whatever lol coffee

Everyone is soo Busy!
Back to top Go down
7cedars

PostSubject: Re: Whats everyone doing this Summer, it sure is quite on here!   Whats everyone doing this Summer, it sure is quite on here! Icon_minitimeJune 22nd 2007, 9:15 am

Can'tjog, all I have to say is, you better be glad you're young when you're doing all this studying and riding... whew! You're wearing me out!

Checked out Hockey's video there... looking good. Lordy, that horse is tall, or either that's an awful small person on there... Is this your next HUS champion?

You hang in there, girl, you'll get it all taken care of! I know one thing, if I ever decide to get into rail classes, I'm sending my horse to you to ride for a while... HA!
Back to top Go down
denibun

Number of posts : 638

PostSubject: Re: Whats everyone doing this Summer, it sure is quite on here!   Whats everyone doing this Summer, it sure is quite on here! Icon_minitimeJune 22nd 2007, 1:13 pm

1. Swimming, fishing, relaxing
2. Chauffering kids all over the place
3. Hauling horses from arena to arena for Rachel
4. Praying for rain because my pasture and my yard are almost dead.
5. Trying to come up with something to control my fly problem this year. Due to the dryness, I think it's alot worse than usual.

Denise
Back to top Go down
CantJog

PostSubject: Re: Whats everyone doing this Summer, it sure is quite on here!   Whats everyone doing this Summer, it sure is quite on here! Icon_minitimeJune 24th 2007, 6:28 pm

7cedars wrote:

Checked out Hocky's video there... looking good. Lordy, that horse is tall, or either that's an awful small person on there... Is this your next HUS champion?

Thank you for the compliments on Hocky Smile She's pretty good sized for a 2-- somewhere around 15'3 right now. Kyle is kind of short also (5'6-ish), so she looks HUGE, LOL!! I'm not 100% sure if she will cut it for the pleasure yet, but trail and western riding are in her future for sure!!!! So no HUS for her Crying or Very sad
Back to top Go down
7cedars

PostSubject: Re: Whats everyone doing this Summer, it sure is quite on here!   Whats everyone doing this Summer, it sure is quite on here! Icon_minitimeJune 24th 2007, 10:13 pm

Cantjog, tell me about this comeback on this horse... just saw the note down below... Is it the horse on the left... is that a mare? If it is... I want! HA!

So whatcha doing with him/her? Are you just showing halter or what? Good job on the points, by the way, in all your spare time!

Lord, dear, if I ever win the lottery, you're going to have to move to Texas!!!!
Back to top Go down
CantJog

PostSubject: Re: Whats everyone doing this Summer, it sure is quite on here!   Whats everyone doing this Summer, it sure is quite on here! Icon_minitimeJune 25th 2007, 12:13 am

He was my youth and 1st year amatuer All Arounder-- Just so happens to be named "Kid" too Laughing Since Snoopy is not showing the HUS anymore, I decided to get Kid back into shape and have fun with him Smile He has come back SOOOO strong!

We'll do just about any class for giggles, but "his" classes are the Halter and Horsemanship. He's alright at the WP still-- he picked up 1/2 point out of 10 this past weekend as the filler horse, LOL! When he was much younger he was a lunge line and 2yo futurity horse. I've heard from LOTS of people that he earned "mucho $$" Shocked

I wish I knew if the lady who bred him, bred his dam back the same way. A barn full of horses like him wouldn't be bad, LOL!
Back to top Go down
7cedars

PostSubject: Re: Whats everyone doing this Summer, it sure is quite on here!   Whats everyone doing this Summer, it sure is quite on here! Icon_minitimeJune 25th 2007, 9:25 am

Well, I sure do like him - too bad he's not a she... HA! He's got a heck of a front end. You're doing the same thing I did about Cool... crap, I hope whoever had a filly like that again... they didn't... aggravating, ya know!

Oh, you and Kid will be busting butts before ya know it....
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Whats everyone doing this Summer, it sure is quite on here!   Whats everyone doing this Summer, it sure is quite on here! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Whats everyone doing this Summer, it sure is quite on here!
Page 1 of 1