Equine Online
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Equine Online

Everything Horses

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Well, heck, Scamp's going to Colorado

Go down 
+3
Merikle Waters
PHENOMADACIOUS
7cedars
7 posters
AuthorMessage
7cedars

Number of posts : 1667
Registration date : 2007-02-08

Well, heck, Scamp's going to Colorado Empty
PostSubject: Well, heck, Scamp's going to Colorado   Well, heck, Scamp's going to Colorado Icon_minitimeFebruary 26th 2007, 1:21 pm

This just isn't my day... just sold my best danged colt... course he'll have a brother or a sister tonight...hope it's a danged boy.

He's staying here for a month before he goes up there because of all the snow. And just in case there's a question, ah-hem... he went for the price as advertised.

I've reserved two breedings to him. Year after next, Jazz will be bred to him.

It's what we're in the business for, but goodness gracious, Rick and I both were awfully attached to this colt.

I think I need to sit down and just flat squall!
Back to top Go down
PHENOMADACIOUS

PHENOMADACIOUS

Number of posts : 424

PostSubject: Re: Well, heck, Scamp's going to Colorado   Well, heck, Scamp's going to Colorado Icon_minitimeFebruary 26th 2007, 3:11 pm

Good thinking on retaining some breedings Wink
Back to top Go down
7cedars

PostSubject: Re: Well, heck, Scamp's going to Colorado   Well, heck, Scamp's going to Colorado Icon_minitimeFebruary 26th 2007, 4:40 pm

Since Red's had a colt now, I can see the differences in Red's and Cool's... next year, I might just have to keep one of 'em...
Back to top Go down
Merikle Waters

Merikle Waters

Number of posts : 690

PostSubject: Re: Well, heck, Scamp's going to Colorado   Well, heck, Scamp's going to Colorado Icon_minitimeFebruary 26th 2007, 5:35 pm

Awww, 7Cedars, I'm sorry Scamps leaving... But glad you were able to get a good price for him.

He sure was a nice lookin boy! You and Kid Did very well with him!

Hopefully you can get some nice clot/fillies off of scamp when you breed to him!
Back to top Go down
7cedars

PostSubject: Re: Well, heck, Scamp's going to Colorado   Well, heck, Scamp's going to Colorado Icon_minitimeFebruary 26th 2007, 9:11 pm

Thanks, Merikle. Guess he'd better get ready, cuz he's going to have tons of mares to breed. This guy's got straight Skipper W mares.
Back to top Go down
Bluejay

Bluejay

Number of posts : 2415
Registration date : 2007-02-07

PostSubject: Re: Well, heck, Scamp's going to Colorado   Well, heck, Scamp's going to Colorado Icon_minitimeFebruary 26th 2007, 9:47 pm

It's not easy to let our kids go for sure.. However, there will be more and you will feel the same way about some of them.. I always make sure they are going to a good home and that helps me through it.. I whimper a little when they get loaded and head down the road. Then I look at the check and know I did what was best for them and they will be able to start their life as a horse and not a pet.. This is exactly what we are in the business for.. We hope to get some good ones out there from our farm.. Like a Star @ heaven

Worse for me is to have them and not have the time they deserve for one on one.. The guilt is terrible.. Sad
Back to top Go down
http://www.itsmysite.com/bissellquarterhorses
QHorse163

QHorse163

Number of posts : 311
Registration date : 2007-02-12

PostSubject: Re: Well, heck, Scamp's going to Colorado   Well, heck, Scamp's going to Colorado Icon_minitimeFebruary 27th 2007, 12:46 am

Congrats on the sale (and getting that full asking price)! But bittersweet at the same time. I'll have to watch for him in the show results since he's such a nice looking guy. Smile What's his registered name (if you don't mind)?
Back to top Go down
7cedars

PostSubject: Re: Well, heck, Scamp's going to Colorado   Well, heck, Scamp's going to Colorado Icon_minitimeFebruary 27th 2007, 9:31 am

The bad thing about it is, he'll be here till the end of March...because the guy's pretty much snowed in. I told Rick I'm not naming anymore... dadgummit! I knew better!
Back to top Go down
Cindy

Cindy

Number of posts : 871

PostSubject: Re: Well, heck, Scamp's going to Colorado   Well, heck, Scamp's going to Colorado Icon_minitimeFebruary 27th 2007, 9:51 am

Congrats on selling Scamp! I know it's hard to let him go, but remember, this is what your in business for! Way to go! cheers
Back to top Go down
http://www.rockin911.com
7cedars

PostSubject: Re: Well, heck, Scamp's going to Colorado   Well, heck, Scamp's going to Colorado Icon_minitimeFebruary 27th 2007, 11:59 am

I know. You know, it's never upset me about a young'un going... I think this one's going to be different. I got too danged attached! I saw the potential in him to do great things, and I sure wanted to be there when he did it, much less be holding the danged lead when he did.

But lots more where he came from, so we'll just keep on a trucking. Focus now on the little red guy. He's a fighter, and that's what I like!
Back to top Go down
7cedars

PostSubject: Re: Well, heck, Scamp's going to Colorado   Well, heck, Scamp's going to Colorado Icon_minitimeMarch 2nd 2007, 8:02 am

Well, I guess I jinxed it when I put it on the forum here without getting the money first. Course it didn't hurt my feelings none... I was pretty danged happy... but he still may be going.

This guy has had the experience of the last 2 horses he bought sight unseen, one died within 30 days, the other he had to put down, so I can understand his hesitancy.

He's already bought a plane ticket and is supposed to be coming down some time in March. I made sure he understood that until I actually have money in my hands, the colt's still mine, and I'll continue on doing whatever. He understood. He also understood he may not be at the same price when he gets here.

But you don't hear me complaining. I know he'll go at some point, but I wasn't quite ready to do that.
Back to top Go down
Bluejay

Bluejay

Number of posts : 2415

PostSubject: Re: Well, heck, Scamp's going to Colorado   Well, heck, Scamp's going to Colorado Icon_minitimeMarch 3rd 2007, 1:38 pm

Never a done deal until the money is my hand. If he is the one he will show up. Unfortunaley even if he sees the horse does not mean something will not happen when he gets him home.. I have four horses right now that I have had offers, accepted the offers and told they were going to buy them. Not one of them has come through.. I do not even get excited about it anymore.. No

I bought a mare and she died in less then 12 hours (that was 12 hours)after she got to my place and I went to see her.. She got a colon torsion and that would have never been caught on a vet check. It is just the way it goes sometimes.. Sad I had a huge vet bill tacked on to what I paid for her and an orphaned foal that was less then 2 weeks old.. Really did suck and I had to watch that mare suffer waiting for the vet to get here. We rushed he off to an emergency hospital. She went right to surgery and the colon was already dead. We had to put her down.. affraid

The colt came back with another orphan from the hospital and we had a ball raising them. We had enough people here to keep the feed going. They were so cute when you came out to mix milk. I guess it was in Gods plan for me though I will never understand it. Arrow
Back to top Go down
http://www.itsmysite.com/bissellquarterhorses
BeePrettyJack

BeePrettyJack

Number of posts : 51
Registration date : 2007-02-12

PostSubject: Re: Well, heck, Scamp's going to Colorado   Well, heck, Scamp's going to Colorado Icon_minitimeMarch 3rd 2007, 10:12 pm

Wow, 7cedars, not sure whether to be happy or sad for you. Wink I know what an emotional roller coaster selling (and buying, for that matter) can be. Well, I hope all works out the best for Scamp, that of course is the main thing! He's a nice one, no matter who ends up showing him!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Well, heck, Scamp's going to Colorado   Well, heck, Scamp's going to Colorado Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Well, heck, Scamp's going to Colorado
Page 1 of 1