Equine Online
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Equine Online

Everything Horses

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

What the HECK is this?

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Sip of Rum

Sip of Rum

Number of posts : 565
Registration date : 2007-02-10

What the HECK is this? Empty
PostSubject: What the HECK is this?   What the HECK is this? Icon_minitimeJuly 28th 2007, 11:53 am

My sisters horse..well she sold it but is still showing him...has this on his lower cheek...he had it before and then it got small or went away and now its huge! Its kinda hard i guess and like pointy?, i was just wondering cause shes going to be screwed if they don't want the horse because of it....they payed half and then they'll pay the other half when we bring him there...

Anyone know what this is?

What the HECK is this? Untitled6

What the HECK is this? Untitled4
Back to top Go down
7cedars

Number of posts : 1667
Registration date : 2007-02-08

PostSubject: Re: What the HECK is this?   What the HECK is this? Icon_minitimeJuly 28th 2007, 2:03 pm

Looks like an abscess to me... get the vet to look at him pronto... will definitely need some draining!
Back to top Go down
Cindy

Cindy

Number of posts : 871
Registration date : 2007-02-07

PostSubject: Re: What the HECK is this?   What the HECK is this? Icon_minitimeJuly 28th 2007, 2:27 pm

Ditto... it can be pretty common. Just an abcess. Make sure to get something from the vet telling the new owner it's no big deal, so as not to break the sale.
Back to top Go down
http://www.rockin911.com
Bluejay

Bluejay

Number of posts : 2415

PostSubject: Re: What the HECK is this?   What the HECK is this? Icon_minitimeJuly 28th 2007, 3:24 pm

I agree with the others.. Could be a teeth issue as well. You do need to take care of it right away though.. No big deal as long as it is taken care of properly.. study
Back to top Go down
http://www.itsmysite.com/bissellquarterhorses
Sip of Rum

Sip of Rum

PostSubject: Re: What the HECK is this?   What the HECK is this? Icon_minitimeJuly 28th 2007, 11:14 pm

Ok thanks! I'll tell my sister to get on that PRONTO!
Back to top Go down
Lynn M.

Lynn M.

Number of posts : 1034
Registration date : 2007-02-08

PostSubject: Re: What the HECK is this?   What the HECK is this? Icon_minitimeJuly 28th 2007, 11:16 pm

I agree looks like an abcessed tooth they can be no big deal if treated properly and not to disagree with anyone but I have seen them become a very big deal if not taken care of quickly.
Back to top Go down
Bluejay

Bluejay

Number of posts : 2415

PostSubject: Re: What the HECK is this?   What the HECK is this? Icon_minitimeJuly 29th 2007, 10:04 pm

I have seen the really big deal too. This one did not look like that though.. His nose (all down the front of his face) swelled up. He had cracked, retained teeth that got impacted and infected with a huge mess of grain. The first clue was his breath smelled like POO (poop).. Embarassed I mean very bad and so obviouse. Then the face swelled up.. What a mess. The first vet charged several hundred dollars after -rays.. He was lazy and took another vet to take care of it.. Evil or Very Mad

Poor horse was only two.. I can go into detail sometime if anyone wants to know. The face swelling never went away. MAJOR anitibiotics had to be given and feed change done.. This does not look like your horse does.. Smell his breath. If is smells like Poo (poop) do not delay.. study
Back to top Go down
http://www.itsmysite.com/bissellquarterhorses
Sip of Rum

Sip of Rum

PostSubject: Re: What the HECK is this?   What the HECK is this? Icon_minitimeJuly 31st 2007, 12:58 am

thanks guys!! My sisters boyfriend came over and drained it for him...austin is in his new home now!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What the HECK is this?   What the HECK is this? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

What the HECK is this?
Page 1 of 1