Equine Online
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Equine Online

Everything Horses

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

I can't believe the horse prices!

Go down 
+8
RoanRider420
SuperLope
PHENOMADACIOUS
Kidd Kuhlmann
Lynn M.
7cedars
Bluejay
Cindy
12 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Bluejay

Bluejay

Number of posts : 2415
Registration date : 2007-02-07

I can't believe the horse prices! - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: I can't believe the horse prices!   I can't believe the horse prices! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeAugust 23rd 2007, 10:48 am

Talked to my girl friend who breeds, shows and raises Arabs and she said their market was still pretty good.. HUM study
Back to top Go down
http://www.itsmysite.com/bissellquarterhorses
Bucks&Blues

Bucks&Blues

Number of posts : 548
Registration date : 2007-02-10

PostSubject: Re: I can't believe the horse prices!   I can't believe the horse prices! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeAugust 23rd 2007, 5:16 pm

Texas is the place to be right now if you are in the market to buy. I was at a local auction last week and there was a coolest filly, she went for under $200, then there was a Touch Down Kid yearling that went for less than $175. There were young ones there, started under saddle and riding from High Brow something or other, then there was one that I had to talk myself out of. He was either a son or grandson of SHINING SPARK that went for around $110-$120.

That same auction is tonight...hmmm...maybe I will go?
Back to top Go down
Lynn M.

Lynn M.

Number of posts : 1034
Registration date : 2007-02-08

PostSubject: Re: I can't believe the horse prices!   I can't believe the horse prices! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeAugust 23rd 2007, 5:23 pm

I tell you Bucks if you go and there is a DAUGHTER of Shining Spark (don't care the color) w/o soundness issues under ten under 500.00 buy it and Ill make sure you make at least a couple three hundred $ on it my cell is 316 259-7969 Ill come pick it up next week no joke.
Back to top Go down
RoperChick

RoperChick

Number of posts : 181

PostSubject: Re: I can't believe the horse prices!   I can't believe the horse prices! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeAugust 23rd 2007, 5:29 pm

Even here in SoCal, we are seeing a drop in prices for the family type horses. It used to be that if you wanted a nice family/trail horse under age 12, you could expect to pay in the $ 4,500 to $ 6,500 range. Now they are selling in the $ 3,500 to $ 4,500 range.

This is a definite change from the last few years. Of course these aren't the really cheap horses you see other places, but in the past when the market has been down in other parts of the country, it hasn't been down in SoCal.
Back to top Go down
Bucks&Blues

Bucks&Blues

Number of posts : 548
Registration date : 2007-02-10

PostSubject: Re: I can't believe the horse prices!   I can't believe the horse prices! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeAugust 23rd 2007, 6:31 pm

Lynn M. wrote:
I tell you Bucks if you go and there is a DAUGHTER of Shining Spark (don't care the color) w/o soundness issues under ten under 500.00 buy it and Ill make sure you make at least a couple three hundred $ on it my cell is 316 259-7969 Ill come pick it up next week no joke.

Will definately keep my eye out. There are other cow breds with nice lines that are hard to pass up. I got a new camera phone so I can sneak some pics of what all is out there. They dont like it when folks take pics of horses, cause they do get quite a few neglect cases.

It starts at 7pm, and Im going to be in the front row with my number ready.
Back to top Go down
Bluejay

Bluejay

Number of posts : 2415

PostSubject: Re: I can't believe the horse prices!   I can't believe the horse prices! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeAugust 23rd 2007, 9:25 pm

No the breeders need to take a good hard look. They have some control of this and if they do not get a grip this will go on much longer. I will start with not breeding my mares until the market comes back up.

Yes, great for the buyer.. I am not a buyer. Yes, I would take advantage of this if I decide to get something different.. Twisted Evil

This is a shame and there is much worse to come by this.. affraid
Back to top Go down
http://www.itsmysite.com/bissellquarterhorses
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: I can't believe the horse prices!   I can't believe the horse prices! - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

I can't believe the horse prices!
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2