Equine Online
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Equine Online

Everything Horses

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Horse prices

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
shazgeoff

shazgeoff

Number of posts : 850
Registration date : 2007-02-10

Horse prices Empty
PostSubject: Horse prices   Horse prices Icon_minitimeDecember 28th 2007, 5:56 pm

What are the horse prices like for a good stocky all round mare thats got zippo pine bar lines,would love to find a dual reg mare but i think that could be a tall order.
I need some of these lines in my breeding program plus to be a good rider for me and my daughter.Any ideas??? cheering cheering
Back to top Go down
Bluejay

Bluejay

Number of posts : 2415
Registration date : 2007-02-07

Horse prices Empty
PostSubject: Re: Horse prices   Horse prices Icon_minitimeDecember 28th 2007, 6:02 pm

Really depends on where you are.. I sold a nice bay mare that was Zippo Pine Bar (top) and Bar Passer (bottom) bred.. She was 16h, went down the rail like a dream and anyone could ride her.. I got a whopping $2500.00 for her.. No affraid riding
Back to top Go down
http://www.itsmysite.com/bissellquarterhorses
shazgeoff

shazgeoff

Horse prices Empty
PostSubject: Re: Horse prices   Horse prices Icon_minitimeDecember 28th 2007, 6:34 pm

im From England lol! lol! would have to do quarantine,looking in USA and Europe
Back to top Go down
Lynn M.

Lynn M.

Number of posts : 1034
Registration date : 2007-02-08

Horse prices Empty
PostSubject: Re: Horse prices   Horse prices Icon_minitimeDecember 29th 2007, 9:48 pm

10,000-15,000 for a nice kid safe all around w/o a lot of points if you spend some time looking. If you are willing to put in the time training 5,000.

here is a sort of example not exactly the bloodlines you were talking about but a nice kind of mare....

http://pleasurehorse.equine.com/Horses/ad_details.aspx?lid=522867&search_id=0703ff80-690a-4365-93ed-03978f98e4ea
Back to top Go down
7cedars

Number of posts : 1667

Horse prices Empty
PostSubject: Re: Horse prices   Horse prices Icon_minitimeDecember 30th 2007, 10:49 am

I would suggest that you get ahold of some of these auctions. Get them to start looking for you, i.e., you can pull up the catalogs on most, i.e., Whitesboro, which is every month, Lufkin and Shawnee's sales. I would think somewhere around $1,500 - $3,500 at most. I'm telling ya, you can find some humdingers at these sales!!!!

Hang on a second, and I'll give you the addies for these sales....
Back to top Go down
7cedars

Horse prices Empty
PostSubject: Re: Horse prices   Horse prices Icon_minitimeDecember 30th 2007, 10:56 am

Okie doke, here we go.

For Whitesboro, TX sale, it's: www.ntxhs.com

For Lufkin, TX sale, it's: www.havardsales.com

For Shawnee, OK, it's: www.trihorse.com

I know you can bid on the phone with these sales. Sometimes Whitesboro even has their's on RFD-TV. Course, I don't know if you get that channel in England...criminey. But then you'd have to have somebody ready on the spot, so to speak, to check them out, and get them sent wherever for shipping, etc. But you might save a whole bunch of money if you could get that going!

A lot of these brokers have cameras on their phone, where they could e-mail you a pic of the live horse. And if you decide to do this, and you find a broker, let me know who it is, before you use them for sure, because a couple of those guys, I wouldn't let them buy a danged dog for me!!!!

Also, I might have to go to the Whitesboro sale at the end of January... if I go, I'll look for you to see if they have anything there that fits those bloodlines BEFORE I go... I'm just not sure if I'm going or not yet.
Back to top Go down
7cedars

Horse prices Empty
PostSubject: Re: Horse prices   Horse prices Icon_minitimeDecember 30th 2007, 11:14 am

Me and Rick just pulled up Shawnee's sale (Triangle), and on Friday, you've got: Chipschunkahoney; on Saturday, you've got Steppin in Chocolate (I can't tell if she's broke or not), and then on Sunday, you've got Slow Lopen Lily...

pull up those horses on that sale, and because this is more of a ranch-type sale, you might be able to get these horses for nearly nothing!!!!!
Back to top Go down
shazgeoff

shazgeoff

Horse prices Empty
PostSubject: Re: Horse prices   Horse prices Icon_minitimeDecember 30th 2007, 5:49 pm

i like the sound of these but not having pics or anymore info on them its hard to tell,makes me nervous to not knowing prices which is why they are there huh to fetch more money.

lots numbers 134,375,436,567,583,720.
Back to top Go down
Lynn M.

Lynn M.

Number of posts : 1034

Horse prices Empty
PostSubject: Re: Horse prices   Horse prices Icon_minitimeDecember 30th 2007, 9:23 pm

watch out on the sales a lot of times soundness issues aren't disclosed like they are supposed to be also some times they are a dumping ground.... one of my hunter jumpers I bought from the world show sale flipped over on me and about killed me when I confronted them (it was 6 months later) they said oh she is really good in an arena.... hmmmm.... I took her back to the world show sale and sold her as a broodmare... I still buy from sales I do love a good deal but am very careful I bought 2 beautiful cutter/reiner broodmares for great prices about 18months ago through a sale about had to go to court to get a breeders certificate on one of them grrrr

Remember you still pay for great quality horses they aren't giving away the really good ones Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Bluejay

Bluejay

Horse prices Empty
PostSubject: Re: Horse prices   Horse prices Icon_minitimeDecember 30th 2007, 10:48 pm

There are many well bred and trained quality horses out there. You do not have to pay the big bucks for them if you take your time and not settle for less then you want. The price tag does not make the horse.. No Some people price the horse as though they have a gold mine.. NOT lol!
Back to top Go down
shazgeoff

shazgeoff

Horse prices Empty
PostSubject: Re: Horse prices   Horse prices Icon_minitimeDecember 31st 2007, 8:38 am

I noticed that,i did enquire about one and they told me the price.Well i nearly fell off my chair $45,000. If only to be rich.We have to save every penny to buy a nice horse and we are very limited over here as to what to buy. Nearly everyone wants reiners and i dont which makes it more awkward. I like the sound of this one,what you guys think???

http://www.equine.com/horses/ad_details.aspx?lid=536851
and this
http://equisearch.equine.com/horses/ad_details.aspx?lid=486061
Back to top Go down
7cedars

Horse prices Empty
PostSubject: Re: Horse prices   Horse prices Icon_minitimeDecember 31st 2007, 10:22 am

I would suggest maybe coming over for the sale in January, have a bunch lined up that are in Oklahoma, Texas, Arkansas, Missouri, Kansas, and whatever the other state is on the other side of Oklahoma... HA! But say within 5-6 hour driving distances from OK City. I think you'd save a ton of money!

Or also, get on Delphi Forums, and go to the pleasure horse forum, I'm sure they've got a whole bunch of horses for sale over there... and they can send you pics, etc.
Back to top Go down
shazgeoff

shazgeoff

Horse prices Empty
PostSubject: Re: Horse prices   Horse prices Icon_minitimeDecember 31st 2007, 1:38 pm

Cant just come over thats the problem scratch
Back to top Go down
Bluejay

Bluejay

Horse prices Empty
PostSubject: Re: Horse prices   Horse prices Icon_minitimeDecember 31st 2007, 4:49 pm

That is a bit far to travel. Have you thought of raising your own? There is still a lot of investment doing that. At least you know what you got and do not have the big $$$$$ to get started.. You can lay out all the basics then send out to a trainer once they are ready for that. scratch
Back to top Go down
Cindy

Cindy

Number of posts : 871

Horse prices Empty
PostSubject: Re: Horse prices   Horse prices Icon_minitimeDecember 31st 2007, 5:12 pm

Bluejay wrote:
That is a bit far to travel. Have you thought of raising your own? There is still a lot of investment doing that. At least you know what you got and do not have the big $$$$$ to get started.. You can lay out all the basics then send out to a trainer once they are ready for that. scratch

I agree, got a good mare you can AI??? Seems to me like you could probably have your pic of some awesome stallions, plus you get to pick the lines you want instead of settling for what someone else has.
Back to top Go down
http://www.rockin911.com
shazgeoff

shazgeoff

Horse prices Empty
PostSubject: Re: Horse prices   Horse prices Icon_minitimeDecember 31st 2007, 7:09 pm

That would be a great idea and i plan to when my girl old enough,she only coming 2.The other mare is in foal to a reiner this time round.Will be to late to put her back in foal as she due in june.But she has good lines to go either way pleasure,halter or reining.A lot of stallion owners dont ship overseas or do frozen semen. Should i wait then really????
Back to top Go down
7cedars

Horse prices Empty
PostSubject: Re: Horse prices   Horse prices Icon_minitimeJanuary 1st 2008, 10:23 am

I don't know why they wouldn't ship overseas - might cost the dickens out of ya, but I can't see why they wouldn't. I know it's being shipped to Australia, back and forth... you're closer! HA!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Horse prices Empty
PostSubject: Re: Horse prices   Horse prices Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Horse prices
Page 1 of 1