Equine Online
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Equine Online

Everything Horses

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

I can't believe the horse prices!

Go down 
+8
RoanRider420
SuperLope
PHENOMADACIOUS
Kidd Kuhlmann
Lynn M.
7cedars
Bluejay
Cindy
12 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Cindy

Cindy

Number of posts : 871
Registration date : 2007-02-07

I can't believe the horse prices! Empty
PostSubject: I can't believe the horse prices!   I can't believe the horse prices! Icon_minitimeAugust 12th 2007, 8:39 pm

I went to the auction last night and horses were selling CHEAP! I'm talking a DROP DEAD GORGEOUS 2yr old daughter of Streakin Sixes for $300, a stud colt out of doc'olena for $800, and a beautiful paint mare (don't remember her bloodlines) for $125!!!!! Shocked Just to name a few! I am soooooooooooo glad I left the checkbook at home or I would have bought a few and hubby wouldn't be talking to me right now! LOL
I am just dumb-founded at these prices! affraid
Back to top Go down
http://www.rockin911.com
Bluejay

Bluejay

Number of posts : 2415

PostSubject: Re: I can't believe the horse prices!   I can't believe the horse prices! Icon_minitimeAugust 12th 2007, 9:40 pm

Shame isn't it. No Good reason to not breed for a while if you are wanting to sell your get.. Mad Rolling Eyes People are just dumping them to whom ever.. Evil or Very Mad
Back to top Go down
http://www.itsmysite.com/bissellquarterhorses
7cedars

Number of posts : 1667
Registration date : 2007-02-08

PostSubject: Re: I can't believe the horse prices!   I can't believe the horse prices! Icon_minitimeAugust 13th 2007, 9:12 am

I hear ya, Cindy... like I said, the one that got me more than anything, was that 2-year old filly, an own daughter of High Brow Cat going for 2 grand at the sale in Whitesboro...you know, at these prices, if you've got some land, some good grass, a little back for winter stuff, it'd danged sure be worth it to pick a couple of these suckers up for $200 a piece...

I've noticed, if it ain't doing something, you're not getting any money for 'em, and even then, you're pushing it around the $1,200-$2,000 range - some of them have more training in them than that... but the young'uns, criminey, they're going for cheap!
Back to top Go down
Lynn M.

Lynn M.

Number of posts : 1034

PostSubject: Re: I can't believe the horse prices!   I can't believe the horse prices! Icon_minitimeAugust 13th 2007, 10:34 am

hmm I still think there is more too it than that, people are selective and they can afford to be now in the cow horses don't just talk to me about the sire but what has the dam done lately? how does the colt look? what is the person willing to do to promote the sire through their colts look at the incentive programs sire owners are putting out there these days. I say make it worth my while to spend my money on your horses Im not going to throw away 300.00 on a horse even with decent bloodlines when I can spend 5,000.00 on a horse with better bloodlines and an incentive program for earnings as well as having a horse with excellent resale potential and foals that have excellent resale value the initial output is a drop in the bucket the big investment is the training, longterm investment not the 300.00. Pretty doesn't necessarily do it. A good stud name doesn't do it any more the overall pic is what is important even including a little politically pull in the blood won't hurt. (that is my opinion if I am looking for a horse that I want as a long term investment potential including training showing and eventual broodstock)
Back to top Go down
Kidd Kuhlmann

Kidd Kuhlmann

Number of posts : 942
Registration date : 2007-02-12

PostSubject: Re: I can't believe the horse prices!   I can't believe the horse prices! Icon_minitimeAugust 13th 2007, 10:57 am

I agree with you Lynn -
It IS a little crazy though with some "nice" horses selling relatively cheap...
HOWEVER - I will put a note in here about the TQHA yearling sale (race bred yearlings)...there were a few more horses this year (about 10-15 if I recall correctly)...
Yearling prices were up significantly! There was ONE horse out of over 130 sold that was bought back for UNDER 2k...it was bought back for 1800 - EVERYTHING else sold for above that or was bought back for above that... All told - that is amazing!!!

In racing - anyone can have a good daddy - and many of them do...you can find nice stallions for relatively inexpensive prices...it is all about what you back under them!!!!

We have 3 active broodmares right now, ALL were obtained based on their female family rather than ANYTHING else...sires help - broodmare sires help even more - female family says it all!!!!!
Back to top Go down
http://www.kuhlmannequine.com
PHENOMADACIOUS

PHENOMADACIOUS

Number of posts : 424

PostSubject: Re: I can't believe the horse prices!   I can't believe the horse prices! Icon_minitimeAugust 14th 2007, 10:34 am

I'm going to www.simonhorsecompany.com tonight to watch an all breed... I'll let you know what happens up here. study
Back to top Go down
SuperLope

SuperLope

Number of posts : 300

PostSubject: Re: I can't believe the horse prices!   I can't believe the horse prices! Icon_minitimeAugust 14th 2007, 12:17 pm

Phenom -- find me one that can lope over poles for under $100 Laughing

prices around here are finally coming down! (now that I'm not looking to buy Rolling Eyes )

but there have been horses on the market for like two years at $10k now they've come down to 8 and they are starting to go
Back to top Go down
Bluejay

Bluejay

PostSubject: Re: I can't believe the horse prices!   I can't believe the horse prices! Icon_minitimeAugust 15th 2007, 9:06 pm

OK, next day. What did you see at the sale? doggie
Back to top Go down
PHENOMADACIOUS

PHENOMADACIOUS

PostSubject: Re: I can't believe the horse prices!   I can't believe the horse prices! Icon_minitimeAugust 16th 2007, 8:24 am

Well, it was a buyer's market... BIG well broke, AQHA 2yo pleasure horses, going for $300 each. Te N Te mare for $225. Yearlings for $30. An AWESOME, Sonny Dee Bar, broke, halter type, 4yo, dark palomino, AQHA stallion for $475. I was there for 4 hours, only twice did the bidding get over 1k, and I only saw 2 no sales. I left with about 100 head left to go.
Back to top Go down
7cedars

PostSubject: Re: I can't believe the horse prices!   I can't believe the horse prices! Icon_minitimeAugust 16th 2007, 8:30 am

Criminey sakes! I bet it took everything you had not to buy some, huh, Kell. Goodness gracious!
Back to top Go down
PHENOMADACIOUS

PHENOMADACIOUS

PostSubject: Re: I can't believe the horse prices!   I can't believe the horse prices! Icon_minitimeAugust 16th 2007, 8:39 am

ah, yeah... that and knowing I'd be shot before I got down our driveway... although afterwords Mom says I should have got that stud. Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
Cindy

Cindy

PostSubject: Re: I can't believe the horse prices!   I can't believe the horse prices! Icon_minitimeAugust 17th 2007, 12:02 am

WOW! It's everywhere!
I just downsized my herd to four, trying to get to three and am moving to a show barn next weekend.
I told hubby with all this rain, I can't ride without hauling to a covered arena and I am getting F A T! LOL
I haven't boarded at a show barn since hubby and moved in together and I am SOOOOOO EXCITED to be moving back! Inside everything! Hot and cold wash racks and a lounge, yes a lounge for those hot days! heheheheh I am tickled pink!
cheers
Back to top Go down
Lynn M.

Lynn M.

Number of posts : 1034

PostSubject: Re: I can't believe the horse prices!   I can't believe the horse prices! Icon_minitimeAugust 17th 2007, 12:43 am

are you getting rid of the pally filly Cindy ??? hubby wants to know
Back to top Go down
Cindy

Cindy

PostSubject: Re: I can't believe the horse prices!   I can't believe the horse prices! Icon_minitimeAugust 17th 2007, 12:56 am

Oh no! I sold my mare so I could keep her. She is my pride and joy and so smart. I have HIGH hopes for this little filly! pray
Back to top Go down
Bluejay

Bluejay

PostSubject: Re: I can't believe the horse prices!   I can't believe the horse prices! Icon_minitimeAugust 17th 2007, 11:35 am

No What a shame all that work and investment then nothing for the horse.. I looked at DH and Equine.com yesterday for a few minutes. Could not believe how much some of those horses were priced then the seller too lazy to even put a decent picture or pedigree on the add.. GUAD.. What a joke.. cyclops
Back to top Go down
SuperLope

SuperLope

PostSubject: Re: I can't believe the horse prices!   I can't believe the horse prices! Icon_minitimeAugust 17th 2007, 2:10 pm

Back to top Go down
RoanRider420

RoanRider420

Number of posts : 243
Registration date : 2007-07-05

PostSubject: Re: I can't believe the horse prices!   I can't believe the horse prices! Icon_minitimeAugust 17th 2007, 2:45 pm

But he has had "perfessional" training so that's all you need to know, LOL!
Back to top Go down
PHENOMADACIOUS

PHENOMADACIOUS

PostSubject: Re: I can't believe the horse prices!   I can't believe the horse prices! Icon_minitimeAugust 17th 2007, 2:59 pm

hahahahahahahaha! ..I almost fell off my ball lol!
Back to top Go down
Cindy

Cindy

PostSubject: Re: I can't believe the horse prices!   I can't believe the horse prices! Icon_minitimeAugust 17th 2007, 3:08 pm

Ah come on, look at the fluid motion the photo captures, and the headset is just perfect! Laughing lol!
Back to top Go down
REINING CHICK

REINING CHICK

Number of posts : 343
Registration date : 2007-02-12

PostSubject: Re: I can't believe the horse prices!   I can't believe the horse prices! Icon_minitimeAugust 17th 2007, 5:25 pm

wow looks like that owner needs to go back to grammer school

HUKD ON FONIX WERKD FER ME
Back to top Go down
Bluejay

Bluejay

PostSubject: Re: I can't believe the horse prices!   I can't believe the horse prices! Icon_minitimeAugust 17th 2007, 8:39 pm

scratch HUM, that is what I am talking about.. No At least this one put the pedigree on the add.. confused
Back to top Go down
Ragdoll

Number of posts : 385
Registration date : 2007-04-02

PostSubject: Re: I can't believe the horse prices!   I can't believe the horse prices! Icon_minitimeAugust 17th 2007, 10:31 pm

I sure wish I could find those low prices. I've been trying to find a lease-deal for my 15yr old granddaughter in Michigan. No luck. Oh, I can find the horses, but I may as well lease the kid a Lexus!!!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
SuperLope

SuperLope

PostSubject: Re: I can't believe the horse prices!   I can't believe the horse prices! Icon_minitimeAugust 18th 2007, 1:43 pm

Cindy wrote:
Ah come on, look at the fluid motion the photo captures, and the headset is just perfect! Laughing lol!

do you think I can trade Molly in for that beauty?

Maybe he is just a very fuzzy out-of-focus horse and this is the best picture they can take of him! Laughing

hmm yes at least the pedigree is there although we had to ******* the registration number even though his registered name is posted!
Back to top Go down
7cedars

PostSubject: Re: I can't believe the horse prices!   I can't believe the horse prices! Icon_minitimeAugust 18th 2007, 2:50 pm

I'm wondering if that's actually a horse on that...HA!
Back to top Go down
SuperLope

SuperLope

PostSubject: Re: I can't believe the horse prices!   I can't believe the horse prices! Icon_minitimeAugust 21st 2007, 8:47 pm

lol it could be the lock ness monster! alien
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: I can't believe the horse prices!   I can't believe the horse prices! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

I can't believe the horse prices!
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next