Equine Online
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Equine Online

Everything Horses

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Drop Hip in halter

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
SuperLope

SuperLope

Number of posts : 300
Registration date : 2007-02-07

Drop Hip in halter Empty
PostSubject: Drop Hip in halter   Drop Hip in halter Icon_minitimeFebruary 19th 2007, 4:14 pm

Hey everyone

I have a halter question that came up at horse judging practice the other day

that dropped hip (I hope you know what I mean) is that desireable?

I was pretty sure it was because it means they have a better hip angle and can get underneath themselves but this one girl on my team kept calling it a goose rump (which it really isn't) but the one thing that she go tme on was that not all the horses that win at the world show and the big shows have a drop hip.

I just said that it probably came down to other factors like correctness and muscling and I wanted to ask some real halter people lol but how important is the drop-like hip?
Back to top Go down
7cedars

Number of posts : 1667
Registration date : 2007-02-08

Drop Hip in halter Empty
PostSubject: Re: Drop Hip in halter   Drop Hip in halter Icon_minitimeFebruary 19th 2007, 5:49 pm

It's pretty important. Most horses at the world had a drop hip, or at least the classes I watched; in fact, I didn't see any that didn't have it. There's a degree there, though, that sometimes is too much, and that'll make a lot of them appear and are post legged.
Back to top Go down
B2

Drop Hip in halter Empty
PostSubject: Re: Drop Hip in halter   Drop Hip in halter Icon_minitimeFebruary 19th 2007, 7:31 pm

A goose rump is not a drop hip, 2 completely different things. I call the drop hip *carry down* Yes it is important but not all of them have it some have what I call a bubble butt. It is just that like a bubble here is one example of a hip with nice carry down. There are ones with more but I thought I would just pop up an example.

Drop Hip in halter Lucky1
Back to top Go down
PHENOMADACIOUS

PHENOMADACIOUS

Number of posts : 424

Drop Hip in halter Empty
PostSubject: Re: Drop Hip in halter   Drop Hip in halter Icon_minitimeFebruary 19th 2007, 8:49 pm

I've always wondered, what exactly is "Goose Rumped"? scratch Does anyone have an example? bounce Thanks!Wink
Back to top Go down
Triple J Quarter Horses

Triple J Quarter Horses

Number of posts : 2228

Drop Hip in halter Empty
PostSubject: Re: Drop Hip in halter   Drop Hip in halter Icon_minitimeFebruary 20th 2007, 10:59 am

A goose rump is not a drop hip, 2 completely different things.

Total Agree! Ever heard of APPLE BUTTED?
Back to top Go down
B2

Drop Hip in halter Empty
PostSubject: Re: Drop Hip in halter   Drop Hip in halter Icon_minitimeFebruary 20th 2007, 11:01 am

Apple butt bubble butt I use both terms LOL I love them I am most assuredly a butt person when it comes to horses.
Back to top Go down
SuperLope

SuperLope

Number of posts : 300
Registration date : 2007-02-07

Drop Hip in halter Empty
PostSubject: Re: Drop Hip in halter   Drop Hip in halter Icon_minitimeFebruary 20th 2007, 6:01 pm

thank you! I can remain the expert on horse butts at school lol!

goose rump is a very steep drop but it is kind of rounded

Drop Hip in halter Gooserumped

and

Drop Hip in halter Back401

thank you again!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Drop Hip in halter Empty
PostSubject: Re: Drop Hip in halter   Drop Hip in halter Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Drop Hip in halter
Page 1 of 1