Equine Online
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Equine Online

Everything Horses

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

How do you get your mares to cycle?

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
PHENOMADACIOUS

PHENOMADACIOUS

Number of posts : 424
Registration date : 2007-02-08

How do you get your mares to cycle? Empty
PostSubject: How do you get your mares to cycle?   How do you get your mares to cycle? Icon_minitimeFebruary 18th 2007, 5:56 pm

Well this morning I gave my one and only AQHA mare a Prostimate shot. She seems to be taking it pretty well, it always freaks me out a little, so I'll keep my eye on her all day. Phenom saw me bring her home this morning, so he's all excited pig , he's never even seen her before, but he knows why she's here! Rolling Eyes

Keep your fingers crossed, hopefully we'll get her knocked up this week! lol!

Here in Minnesota, lights aren't so much an option for me, what do you all do to get your mare's started? Question
Back to top Go down
7cedars

Number of posts : 1667

PostSubject: Re: How do you get your mares to cycle?   How do you get your mares to cycle? Icon_minitimeFebruary 18th 2007, 6:28 pm

Nothing. Let 'em have the baby and then breed them back on a foal heat.

I'm a dodging here, I'm a dodging, seriously! Razz Razz tongue pirat afro
Back to top Go down
PHENOMADACIOUS

PHENOMADACIOUS

PostSubject: Re: How do you get your mares to cycle?   How do you get your mares to cycle? Icon_minitimeFebruary 18th 2007, 7:09 pm

OK smartipants...Rolling Eyes Razz If the mare's open... how do you get them to cycle?Question
Back to top Go down
7cedars

PostSubject: Re: How do you get your mares to cycle?   How do you get your mares to cycle? Icon_minitimeFebruary 18th 2007, 7:40 pm

Uh, just got out in the pasture, put a halter on 'em, lead them in, put them on the teasing wall, go get Kid, check see if they're in, back him up, put her on the breeding wall and let Kid do the nasty.

Is that what you mean? Seriously... I'm a dodging now! HA!

On the serious note of it, you need to e-mail TripleJ and she'll tell ya. HA!

Not my danged fault you don't live in Texas....never ever had to put a mare up under lights, ever... HA!
Back to top Go down
Bluejay

Bluejay

Number of posts : 2415
Registration date : 2007-02-07

PostSubject: Re: How do you get your mares to cycle?   How do you get your mares to cycle? Icon_minitimeFebruary 19th 2007, 8:09 pm

Well, you are a CHICKEN 7C…. HA HA HA lol!
I am not sure what you are going to do without the lights? This is how
we fool Mother nature.. I know some that use Rejumate and lights. I
really believe if you want Jan/Feb babies you will need to figure out
how to get them under lights no later then Nov 15th. Needs to be
200watt lights and on 6a to 10P.. Now this can be done is several ways…
Maybe someone knows something I don’t? I will short cycle, HCG and Oxy
a mare but I do not use Regumate.. And, the breed back on foal heat
works if the mare was bred and foaled. bounce Basketball Question scratch this is all I know... Come on in Triple J if you know something we don't...
cheers
Back to top Go down
http://www.itsmysite.com/bissellquarterhorses
Bluejay

Bluejay

PostSubject: Re: How do you get your mares to cycle?   How do you get your mares to cycle? Icon_minitimeFebruary 19th 2007, 8:10 pm

Good grief. I hope you can read that.. Looks like black to me....What a Face
Back to top Go down
PHENOMADACIOUS

PHENOMADACIOUS

PostSubject: Re: How do you get your mares to cycle?   How do you get your mares to cycle? Icon_minitimeFebruary 20th 2007, 9:54 am

Well, yesterday, day 1 after the prosimate shot, my mare responded to teasing Shocked so I tied her up, brought Phenom out, and hand bred him for the first time! pig It went really well, I swear he even tried to cuddle with her after! Rolling Eyes We'll try again on day 3 bounce
Back to top Go down
Bluejay

Bluejay

PostSubject: Re: How do you get your mares to cycle?   How do you get your mares to cycle? Icon_minitimeFebruary 20th 2007, 2:01 pm

Nice to have a lover boy.. I love you The Dignitary was like that. He like to cuddle and kiss when he was done.. He did that to one mare that let him have it and he got injured.. I think they need that time just watch the mare.. And, I hope you get er done in one go around... We will stay tuned for your results with fingers crossed...Cool
Back to top Go down
PHENOMADACIOUS

PHENOMADACIOUS

PostSubject: Re: How do you get your mares to cycle?   How do you get your mares to cycle? Icon_minitimeFebruary 20th 2007, 3:13 pm

Thanks Bluejay Wink I'll keep ya posted rabbit
Back to top Go down
PHENOMADACIOUS

PHENOMADACIOUS

PostSubject: Re: How do you get your mares to cycle?   How do you get your mares to cycle? Icon_minitimeFebruary 22nd 2007, 9:25 am

Well, I hand bred the mare (Pal) to Phenom again last night, she was a little slower to warm up to him, so I think she'll be going out soon, but I'll tease her again anyway... Monday she was REALLY in, so hopefully that got the job done...She loves to be bred, but I think even she is tired of holding up his heavy patoot! Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
7cedars

PostSubject: Re: How do you get your mares to cycle?   How do you get your mares to cycle? Icon_minitimeFebruary 22nd 2007, 9:35 am

Breed her today if you can. I know when we breed Kid, the way he jumps on those mares and does this loud thump with his legs on them, half the mares do this "ugghhhh" sound, I'm like, GAWD.... but these big suckers on top of a mare, their chest and everything rippling, well, it's just pretty danged impressive.... course after last year, I think the mares have got Kid's number now... HA!

You, SERIOUSLY, need to move down here!!!!! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
PHENOMADACIOUS

PHENOMADACIOUS

PostSubject: Re: How do you get your mares to cycle?   How do you get your mares to cycle? Icon_minitimeFebruary 22nd 2007, 1:33 pm

Quote :
You, SERIOUSLY, need to move down here!!!!! Very Happy

I'm working on it...SERIOUSLY! lol!
Back to top Go down
7cedars

PostSubject: Re: How do you get your mares to cycle?   How do you get your mares to cycle? Icon_minitimeFebruary 22nd 2007, 7:40 pm

Seriously, my toe's a tapping... can you see me?Dancing
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: How do you get your mares to cycle?   How do you get your mares to cycle? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

How do you get your mares to cycle?
Page 1 of 1