Equine Online
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Equine Online

Everything Horses

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

vent-age

Go down 
+2
Lynn M.
standbytrucker
6 posters
AuthorMessage
standbytrucker

standbytrucker

Number of posts : 218
Registration date : 2007-02-22

vent-age Empty
PostSubject: vent-age   vent-age Icon_minitimeApril 18th 2007, 9:58 pm

i think this could possibly be the worst month i've ever had guys!
and i just need to vent!

boyfriend had a very serious accident, and has been in and out of the hospital all month.

almost flunked school because of said accident. going to school not because i want to, but because i have a control freak for a parent, even tho im 23.

been working my butt off to get my horse ready for show this sat, I cant go because i have to wait tables to pay bills, and ill probably only make, hm...12 dollars because our patrons have dropped off the face of the earth.

need new job huh? affraid

watched my best friend and her boyfriend have a huge fight and break up on her birthday, only to have him cuss me out for consoling her.

worried about my friends in tech who i still haven't talked to, but thank the lord they were not on the list of those lost.

trying to buy a house with boyfriend, yet fighting my father tooth and nail because he thinks im insane. i understand im his daughter, but im also 23 and practically engaged.

i cant even tell him how excited i am that i am buying an awesome horse from Lynn, because he hates horses and dosnt support anything i do that isnt college!

there is like 1000000000000 other things going on that arent cool, and im ready to pack up and leave!!
anyone close to nj wanna come steal me? please

sorry for the vent.

Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad
Back to top Go down
Lynn M.

Lynn M.

Number of posts : 1034
Registration date : 2007-02-08

vent-age Empty
PostSubject: Re: vent-age   vent-age Icon_minitimeApril 18th 2007, 10:04 pm

when all else fails---- pack your crap run away and live in my guest room in KS!!! we will keep you NO JOKE!!!
Back to top Go down
Cindy

Cindy

Number of posts : 871
Registration date : 2007-02-07

vent-age Empty
PostSubject: Re: vent-age   vent-age Icon_minitimeApril 18th 2007, 10:11 pm

Gosh! I am sorry to hear you're having a hard time. I hope your boyfriend gets well soon.
As for the parents making you go to college. Hmmm, 1st are they paying? If so that makes it better on your pocket book. 2nd, do you even want to be there? Being 23 I assume you're almost complete though???
By all means I'm not saying run from anything because it will eventually catch up with you and it will probably be two fold! But, I guess you need to sit down and calmly evaluate where your at in your life and what your short term and long term goals are and IF you can complete those goals without finishing college?
Best of luck to you. Take a deep breath and put a big smile on your face!!!
drunken
Back to top Go down
http://www.rockin911.com
QHorse163

QHorse163

Number of posts : 311
Registration date : 2007-02-12

vent-age Empty

Aww sorry you're having such a hard time right now. Sad Just stick through it and things will get better eventually. Or go live with Lynn in the meantime! haha.

I'll be thinking of you. Hopefully you will get a break very soon.
Back to top Go down
standbytrucker

standbytrucker

Number of posts : 218
Registration date : 2007-02-22

vent-age Empty

plan is, get sophie home after visiting you, train her up, learn a ton, then just come back and stay forever.

the annoying house guest who never leaves, and can drive a tractor. Cool
Back to top Go down
Lynn M.

Lynn M.

Number of posts : 1034

vent-age Empty
PostSubject: Re: vent-age   vent-age Icon_minitimeApril 18th 2007, 10:34 pm

of course I am with Cindy finish college then come stay forever sorry got to finish that college first cheers
Back to top Go down
Bucks&Blues

Bucks&Blues

Number of posts : 548
Registration date : 2007-02-10

vent-age Empty
PostSubject: Re: vent-age   vent-age Icon_minitimeApril 18th 2007, 11:33 pm

Aww that sucks. Everything at once. Why is it that when something bad happens it all comes at once?

If you were anywhere near here we'd be out drinking and having enough fun for you to forget about things for a while. Like a mini break.

My friend does the same for me, she packs me up and takes me out.
Back to top Go down
7cedars

Number of posts : 1667

vent-age Empty
PostSubject: Re: vent-age   vent-age Icon_minitimeApril 19th 2007, 8:45 am

I agree with Cindy and Lynn on this. First off, so sorry to hear about your boyfriend. I hope he gets better quickly.

On the deal with the house...take this experience from me, wait until you get married and then buy a house. Things can get too sticky if you're not married, even though it's in both of your names. No need to rush that, it'll come.

If your parents are paying for your college, even though you are 23, sit down and really think about what a privilege they're giving you by paying for your college, and that you owe it to YOURSELF to finish what you started. Sure, times are rough, especially with your boyfriend, etc., but you'll make it through it. Life's tough, trust me, and this is just the start of it. You can finish college, have a good job that pays good money, or you can wait on tables the rest of your life. Within all of us is a judgment call... sit down and write down pros and cons, it'll get you more focused.

Think with your gut, not your heart or your head. Follow your gut instincts. Think of the future instead of the now, get focused and get after it. We all know you can accomplish whatever you choose to do. Some of you young'uns just truly amaze me!

And don't feel alone on the you have to work before going to a show...trust me, I've been there so many times it's not even funny! All of us go through that. And it'll come again.
Back to top Go down
7cedars

Number of posts : 1667

vent-age Empty
PostSubject: Re: vent-age   vent-age Icon_minitimeApril 19th 2007, 11:28 am

Going to add a little something here on the end for ya.

I think you're going through some tough times right now. I think I can say this for all of us on the forum... that we're here if you need us, feel free to let it all hang out, that we'd support you no matter what you decide. I think we all consider ourselves friends here... sounds kind of mushy, but I think sometimes a lot of us need to hear that we're giving each other pats on the back! Tons of hugs, and you know, all that mushy stuff.

Life is hard enough as it is with all the hard knocks, when you combine horses, kids, parents, college, school, boyfriends, husbands, and everything else in there, well, sometimes it gets overwhelming.

I know from personal experience, I'm fine till three things hit me at once, and then I get super frazzled. Gets to the point sometimes, where you want to go in a corner, sit and squall or bury your head in the sand - been there/done that! That's what your friends are for. That is, your supportive friends.

I hope that we all can be supportive of each other in whatever we strive to accomplish.

Okay, enough of the mushy stuff... just felt like I needed to say that...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

vent-age Empty
PostSubject: Re: vent-age   vent-age Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

vent-age
Page 1 of 1